Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
btw

met up with some old friends this weekend, they're all Nas fans, 0/3 knew about Magic and were mad they didn't know about it's existence

even said Nas was their most played on Spotify and it never popped up, I suppose they could've been lying about that, but I doubt it

Spotify/algorithms are ruining music imo
I have Spotify and YouTube music. Spotify is awful at discovery now. YouTube music is the goat for random playlists

Think Spotify was the best around 2014-2017

It all fell off after they added podcasts

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw

met up with some old friends this weekend, they're all Nas fans, 0/3 knew about Magic and were mad they didn't know about it's existence

even said Nas was their most played on Spotify and it never popped up, I suppose they could've been lying about that, but I doubt it

I don’t know how you a Nas fan and don’t know about Magic

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
I don’t know how you a Nas fan and don’t know about Magic
because when you're in your late 30's, you don't really go out of your way to check for new music and then you depend on an APP to feed you new music...

and that app fails at relaying the message, you miss out on shyt

not everyone is on the Coli, not everyone is on hip hop YouTube channels

that's my fault for not letting friends know Magic dropped... but at the same time, when you're in your late 30's, I can't be texting everyone I know: "hey did you know new Nas is out" , they all have wives and children and mortgages and shyt... we're not kids anymore

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because when you're in your late 30's, you don't really go out of your way to check for new music and then you depend on an APP to feed you new music...

that's my fault for not letting friends know Magic dropped... but at the same time, when you're in your late 30's, I can't be texting everyone I know: "hey did you know new Nas is out" , they all have wives and children and mortgages and shyt... we're not kids anymore
Understandable. Definitely more responsibility at this age.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Raekwon is dropping better verses

AND HE WRITES HIS OWN shyt

how are you a fan of the greatest lyricst of all time and also a fan of a CORNY Canadian Child actor who got caught with a dozen reference tracks????????

like I said days ago: Drake is the anti - Nas
I’m not claiming Drake as the greatest rapper of all time, but he knows how to make great music and if him and Nas are able to make great music I’m fine with that. I’m a supporter of the artist, so if Nas decided to go that route and the song is fire, I’m not going to hate on it just because it’s with drake. Obviously rae is in that class with Nas as an og legend, but I’m cool with new stuff too. We have heard Nas and Rae before.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not used to Nas putting out this much material in a short ammont of time. Him and Hit Boy have gotten better with each project so Im def ready for it. I would love to hear a Drake and Nas collab personally

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
I’m not claiming Drake as the greatest rapper of all time, but he knows how to make great music and if him and Nas are able to make great music I’m fine with that. I’m a supporter of the artist, so if Nas decided to go that route and the song is fire, I’m not going to hate on it just because it’s with drake. Obviously rae is in that class with Nas as an og legend, but I’m cool with new stuff too. We have heard Nas and Rae before.

Drake is my least favorite rapper, Em is my 2nd least favorite...

Em was on KD2 and I got over it, I just skip his verse when I listen to EPMD2

Nas can work with whoever he choses.... but this is a message board where people type up their wishes and wants, and I don't want Drake - and I've given my reasons why many times

but regardless of who is on KD3, I cannot be more excited for it

but at the end of the day Raekwon is better than Drake in every single way, even still in '22

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

This is all true, but when you said they got spotify Im surprised it didnt pop up in new releases but to be fair how it was presented (no promo, physicals, just annoucement and the cover might get mistaken for an old school compilation) might have influenced that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
btw

How old were these friends?

I’m asking because if your a fan Nas has promoted the album via instagram and his online store. I’d think the issue wouldn’t be self proclaimed fans who go as far as to make sure they stream the catalog, but the more casual fans/Hip Hop heads who maybe aren’t perusing the internet like that.

There’s a reason why KD2 did 56k first week and Magic only did 22K, and its not “Nas fatigue”. It was the overall lack of awareness amongst the casual/older hip hop head fanbase.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Same way I have it and had it since the first day I heard "Magic". :salute:. If this new shyt tops "Magic" then I really don't even know why the "G.O.A.T." shyt is still even a plausible conversation anymore...my son is just lapping his peer group at this point. 4 straight dope ass albums at 48-49 years old? Prior to which, he was already considered the best ever by a lot of people? Come on man.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
How old were these friends?

I’m asking because if your a fan Nas has promoted the album via instagram and his online store. I’d think the issue wouldn’t be self proclaimed fans who go as far as to make sure they stream the catalog, but the more casual fans/Hip Hop heads who maybe aren’t perusing the internet like that.

There’s a reason why KD2 did 56k first week and Magic only did 22K, and its not “Nas fatigue”. It was the overall lack of awareness amongst the casual/older hip hop head fanbase.
36/ 37

and they loved KD2

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Raekwon is dropping better verses

AND HE WRITES HIS OWN shyt

how are you a fan of the greatest lyricst of all time and also a fan of a CORNY Canadian Child actor who got caught with a dozen reference tracks????????

like I said days ago: Drake is the anti - Nas

Just because you said it first time doesn’t make it right.

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
btw

Cap!

I'm in the same age group. We're not dinosaurs. Real enthusiasts don't need an algorithm to put them on game. These men don't sound 'cultured' ...no 'cism.