Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's features on this, I just hope theyre not wack......I don't wanna year YG, Big Sean, Kodak, Drake or any of them other new school wack commercial nikkas on this.

Nas did good with the features on KD2......brought EPMD outta the woodwork.....got Lauryn back, also Eminem. But he did have Durk on KD1 sooo....

Hoping for another Firm collab on KD3.....or since he just toured with Wu hopefully he got up with some of the Wu members and did a track. Would be dope to hear a collab with him, Ghost, Rae, Meth, or maybe Inspectah deck.
Those younger features bring new listeners, which is needed. I’ll take a Drake feature easily over everyone you named

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those younger features bring new listeners, which is needed. I’ll take a Drake feature easily over everyone you named

Well it's not like those younger features helped sales. He should only throw them on there if he really fukk with them.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well it's not like those younger features helped sales. He should only throw them on there if he really fukk with them.
Actually they probably contributed to more sales in general. Sales would have been even less without them. I would rather hear wu and all them other people you named on a project produced by Premo or one of those other boom bap producers y’all want. For KD3, I hope they knock it out the park with younger more modern energy and sounds. Bangers and Nas doing his usual thing.

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
If there's features on this, I just hope theyre not wack......I don't wanna year YG, Big Sean, Kodak, Drake or any of them other new school wack commercial nikkas on this.

Nas did good with the features on KD2......brought EPMD outta the woodwork.....got Lauryn back, also Eminem. But he did have Durk on KD1 sooo....

Hoping for another Firm collab on KD3.....or since he just toured with Wu hopefully he got up with some of the Wu members and did a track. Would be dope to hear a collab with him, Ghost, Rae, Meth, or maybe Inspectah deck.
I just realized how over the years, Nas has had a few guest spots on Wu member’s tracks over the years, but never any Wu members on Nas albums. :ehh:

Wonder why that’s been and considering that, some Wu appearances would be fresh. The only thing we’ve gotten is the RZA beats on Lost Tapes II and even that’s a little late. Nas and Raekwon in particular have multiple collabs, none on Nas albums.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized how over the years, Nas has had a few guest spots on Wu member’s tracks over the years, but never any Wu members on Nas albums. :ehh:

Wonder why that’s been and considering that, some Wu appearances would be fresh. The only thing we’ve gotten is the RZA beats on Lost Tapes II and even that’s a little late. Nas and Raekwon in particular have multiple collabs, none on Nas albums.
I noticed over the years Nas really was never a feature heavy artist on his albums. During the KD series he has added more features on his albums but he has always been a solo artist.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

He obviously fukks with Big Sean as he was on Big Sean’s album. He fukks with YG and he was on YG’s album. Its obvious he fukks with the A$AP crew…

I really don’t get this “Nas shouldn’t work with so and so” angle that people have like Nas has shunned working with popular artists his entire career or something. Most all Nas albums that have features are features from popular high selling artists of the times. Lauryn Hill was the most famous female in Hip Hop when they worked together in 96. Aaliyah, Puff Daddy, DMX, and Ginuwine were all Double Platinum artists when Nas worked with them in 99. Amerie was about to blow up when Nas worked with her in 2001. We could go on and on. EVERY Nas album after Illmatic features a Platinum selling artist. Every single one.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He obviously fukks with Big Sean as he was on Big Sean’s album. He fukks with YG and he was on YG’s album. Its obvious he fukks with the A$AP crew…

I really don’t get this “Nas shouldn’t work with so and so” angle that people have like Nas has shunned working with popular artists his entire career or something. Most all Nas albums that have features are features from popular high selling artists of the times. Lauryn Hill was the most famous female in Hip Hop when they worked together in 96. Aaliyah, Puff Daddy, DMX, and Ginuwine were all Double Platinum artists when Nas worked with them in 99. Amerie was about to blow up when Nas worked with her in 2001. We could go on and on. EVERY Nas album after Illmatic features a Platinum selling artist. Every single one.
People that say he shouldn’t work with any new school artist have and will continue to be the problem with Nas fan base in my opinion. They limit his greatness as an artist.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I am the only one who think he would have been great if he had kept using the same girl to do the artwork cover ? Since it's a trilogy it would have been dope if they kept the same concept with a different scene each time and maybe in a different tone (blue for kd2 and yellow for kd3 for example), the kd one was one of his best cover

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
People that say he shouldn’t work with any new school artist have and will continue to be the problem with Nas fan base in my opinion. They limit his greatness as an artist.
I wonder if part of it is the type of tracks some of the bigger new features have been on. YG on YKTV...I get older fans not fukking with that. But shyt like this?

:blessed:

I'd def love more stuff along those lines, or along the lines of Till The War Is Won. I'm not even a Big Sean fan but he's great on Replace Me...that chemistry is super dope. Just some dope shyt with dudes spitting, whether there's a concept or just shyt talking. That's where Kodak, Drake, Cole etc would really thrive.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
If you don’t like replace me I don’t want to even hear an opinion on any other black music lol, Replace Me is one of the best singles from a mainstream rapper in years, it really should have been bigger it’s a song ladies would love, it just never had the reach.