Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I forgot to add Snoop, who has 28M monthly listeners. So just three 90s rappers having more listeners. That’s pretty amazing, don’t you agree?

Busta’s numbers are also heavily inflated due to a p*ssy Cat Dolls remix. That chick said Nas turned down being on Scary Hours 2 a few weeks ago right. If Nas had done that track it would almost certainly be his most streamed track from 2018 onward, and his numbers would be higher. Which goes back to my point about the blueprint for selling. If you don’t have hits you need features. And if Drake wants you on a track you do it.
:manny:
You don't do a surprise drop with no promo, no single and no type of roll out if you're trying to get your numbers up.
"Magic didn't do well, so it's not worth going back to that style."
nick-young-whuut.gif

Well no shyt it didn't do well. There was no attempt to get it out there like the KD albums. Do you guys remember how long it took them to even put up merch and physicals for the album? How long it took to drop a video? They clearly don't give a shyt about the numbers like that.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Few points for me on all this and this comes with the caveat I don’t think this is the view of Nas at all

1) try as hard as you can, but the Nas fanbase just isn’t going to stream to rack up numbers. Most are 30+ who most ain’t gonna get on streaming just to increase the numbers. Most will play it when they want and importantly can. For example I’d love to play the song 10+ times on Saturday but I’ll be with the wife and kids most of the day. One thing they could do is promote physicals more with special freebies and exclusives like others do. Get your supply chains on point so if you order a actual physical you get it that week

2) like others said, if they want the numbers for KD3 and disappointed in the previous ones. Then you got to do the podcast/ radio tour, you need to get a big star on a lead single. Ultra black and rare are not going to get your numbers up

3) Magic did as good as it could just before Christmas, with no single and no promotion. Apart from being on Nas and Hit Boy’s Socials where else was it promoted massively. Magic had 9 tracks like Illmatic. was a ‘90s album’. They could have promoted it in that way to build hype for it that Nasty Nas was back or something. If that’s what they saw it as, then promote it as such

All that again is with the caveat that I don’t even believe Nas and the team sitting there disappointed in the numbers and in the fanbase, as if they were they’d know the reasons for the numbers are the above

Ball

All Star
Daps
Nas knows ultra black and rare aren’t going to bump his numbers up. But he rather drop that real. He’s a true artist. An album guy. That’s why he’s still relevant and has a supporting core fan base to this date. Where are all the rappers who were amazing at having songs chart and blow up? Not many left that people truly want to hear new music from. Nas doesn’t need to be a #1 charting rapper. If the dude wanted all of that he wouldn’t be having lyrical, thoughtful songs as a majority of his singles (I can, Nas is like, just a moment, hip hop is dead). He stayed relevant and goat status because of his artistry. Streaming doesn’t tell the full story.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is buying multimillion dollar rings and beautiful luxurious homes and shyt like that and we talkin about streams. We in here talking about streams. Not the music…not the music…we talking about streams, man. SMH. Nas is at a level at this point in his career/life financially that he can release an album full of him freestyling over Destiny beatboxing if he wants and when it tanks and sells 755 copies it will have no lasting bearing on him because he’s probably playing with 9 figures.

Just be happy that we actually have a T.B.E. level rapper who has the freedom/peace of mind to make us music in abundance and release it whenever he feels like it and isn’t motivated by quotas and first week sales and all that because he’s already filthy. I understand his business team caring about that kind of stuff, obviously…but I’m sure it’s the furthest thing from Nas’s plate at this point, worrying about chart position.

Off name recognition alone, Nas can tour and perform that “flopped” album y’all talking about and more than likely sell out and almost sell out every show and make that money back times 5-10 and dump it right back into the label if he wants

Last edited:

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last night i jumped out of the Coop & Mike live, shyt was getting too cringy.. Coop kept mentioning her as "the source" LMAO, but wasn't saying much about the music.. and then i logged onto the Twitter space, only to hear her saying she was kinda bored of doing those spaces like people weren't worthy.. Like she was straight shytting on her audience, that's how i felt it.. And out of nowhere she sorta bigged me up like my tweets are inspirational or some shyt.. While i hardly tweet any interesting shyt about Nas or Hip-hop LMAO, 95% of my tweets are about football and in French :deadrose: it was 2 AM so maybe i got confused and she was talking about someone else haha

But yeah i don't like this current vibe they've been throwing these days. At first they were really a good and necessary balance, as opposed to the the sneaky hate by the industry. And they still have good points, but it's starting to look like some conspiracy theory shyt.. I don't think that's the way they'll get Nas the recognition he deserves. Actually, to outsiders, they'll make us look like some sort of a sect of Stans living in the past etc.. And you'll see it'll make them hate even more.. And that won't bring more streams or whatever..

Of course i'd love Nas to shine high in the charts and am kinda resigned when I see so many industry people try to play down his recent accomplishments with Hitboy... There

But first of all, i am personally totally comfortable with my GOAT being past his prime saleswise. I'm 40+, i'm too old for this shyt.. As long as his music is top notch I'm good, even if we're 20k people in the world listening and not millions.

Second, i don't think his "camp" should blame it on the actual fans. Piff posted a long list of things that could be done better if they wanted to maximize the sales/streams and bring in more people outside of the core base. And it doesn't need a huge budget to achieve that, it just needs being smart and not lazy...

Anyway, i hope we talk more of the music in the coming weeks..

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
2022 has actually been a really busy year for hip hop

look who dropped this year:

Kendrick
Cole
Push
Future
Lupe
Gibbs
JID
Benny
Black Thought
Game
Joey Badass
Roc Marc
Black Star
Lloyd Banks
Gunna
Boldy
Saba
Vince Staples
Cormega
Denzel Curry
Conway
Currency

and many more I'm sure

their buzz came and went, but none of their shyt stuck

now all eyes on Nas the Don

true king shyt

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
2022 has actually been a really busy year for hip hop

look who dropped this year:

Kendrick
Cole
Push
Future
Lupe
Gibbs
JID
Benny
Black Thought
Game
Joey Badass
Roc Marc
Black Star
Lloyd Banks
Gunna
Boldy
Saba
Vince Staples
Cormega
Denzel Curry
Conway
Currency

and many more I'm sure

their buzz came and went, but none of their shyt stuck

now all eyes on Nas the Don

true king shyt
Man, just looking at this list. I really dont be interested anymore. I probably heard 6 of these albums with Pusha being the one I played the most.. I havent even bothered to play Mega one yet.. ill get to it

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Last night i jumped out of the Coop & Mike live, shyt was getting too cringy.. Coop kept mentioning her as "the source" LMAO, but wasn't saying much about the music.. and then i logged onto the Twitter space, only to hear her saying she was kinda bored of doing those spaces like people weren't worthy.. Like she was straight shytting on her audience, that's how i felt it.. And out of nowhere she sorta bigged me up like my tweets are inspirational or some shyt.. While i hardly tweet any interesting shyt about Nas or Hip-hop LMAO, 95% of my tweets are about football and in French :deadrose: it was 2 AM so maybe i got confused and she was talking about someone else haha

But yeah i don't like this current vibe they've been throwing these days. At first they were really a good and necessary balance, as opposed to the the sneaky hate by the industry. And they still have good points, but it's starting to look like some conspiracy theory shyt.. I don't think that's the way they'll get Nas the recognition he deserves. Actually, to outsiders, they'll make us look like some sort of a sect of Stans living in the past etc.. And you'll see it'll make them hate even more.. And that won't bring more streams or whatever..

Of course i'd love Nas to shine high in the charts and am kinda resigned when I see so many industry people try to play down his recent accomplishments with Hitboy... There

But first of all, i am personally totally comfortable with my GOAT being past his prime saleswise. I'm 40+, i'm too old for this shyt.. As long as his music is top notch I'm good, even if we're 20k people in the world listening and not millions.

Second, i don't think his "camp" should blame it on the actual fans. Piff posted a long list of things that could be done better if they wanted to maximize the sales/streams and bring in more people outside of the core base. And it doesn't need a huge budget to achieve that, it just needs being smart and not lazy...

Anyway, i hope we talk more of the music in the coming weeks..

You’re the one with the I Am avatar on twitter?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Man, just looking at this list. I really dont be interested anymore. I probably heard 6 of these albums with Pusha being the one I played the most.. I havent even bothered to play Mega one yet.. ill get to it

You fukk with Joey? I’d HIGHLY recommend 2000 and this is coming from someone who wasn’t traditionally a fan of his