Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coop basically said the source told him people didn’t support Magic enough it dissalpointed in sales so he’s not sticking with that sound he’s gonna try to go the more radio friendly route

Said the fans claim to want Illmatic era Nas well he gave it to them and they didn’t support it

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree dog. The more I hear her talk I think she's going too far. It feels like her job is to make Nas a bigger presence on Social Media and she doesn't know how to so she blames it on his fans instead. This is a person who's job might be up in the air because of her lack of results. That's why she's coming across as unhinged. She's feeling the heat lol

I tried to stay quiet about it thinking I’m the only one that notices. Even to come in here and be mad cuz people have their own wish list of who they would want nas to work with gets looked in her eyes like unloyal fans who didn’t grow? im just glad she a female With those tendencies but she definitely ain’t cut out to do what she trying to do. Nas would laugh at the shyt we say here. He don’t give a fukk who we want him to work with. He does him, we know that, and we still fans no matter what. Talking shyt about the fans is not the target. The shyt she be on is too much emotion and obsession. That ain’t healthy but feel bad if the pressure is on for her job too.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Coop basically said the source told him people didn’t support Magic enough it dissalpointed in sales so he’s not sticking with that sound he’s gonna try to go the more radio friendly route

Said the fans claim to want Illmatic era Nas well he gave it to them and they didn’t support it

My take then (and now) was that the surprise release and it being literally CHRISTMAS EVE didn’t help the overall awareness of the album. Media didn’t even pick up that the album was available until 3-4 days later.

Nas benefits from traditional album rollouts. Both KD and KD2 debuted highly on the charts and guess what? They were both more traditional rollouts (singles, videos, interviews) with KD3 it looks like it will be traditional.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My take then (and now) was that the surprise release and it being literally CHRISTMAS EVE didn’t help the overall awareness of the album. Media didn’t even pick up that the album was available until 3-4 days later.

Nas benefits from traditional album rollouts. Both KD and KD2 debuted highly on the charts and guess what? They were both more traditional rollouts (singles, videos, interviews) with KD3 it looks like it will be traditional.
Yea this rollout period is ideal. I agree with you.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

not no funny shyt. You can do a better job than her. I be believing your shyt more than hers. Get that job app going. Tell her slide over.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I tuned in, out of curiosity a few minutes ago and immediately got hit with this weird argument that the fans need to support because the label is on his back, they needed to recoup etc. This chick, who is obviously "the source," should be fired. Straight up. There's not an artist on the planet who has an "insider" out here talking shyt about fans, talking shyt about producers, talking shyt about industry shyt....this is insane. And as someone who used to work in "the industry" I'm baffled.

This dude is claiming Nas' album sales are being "played with" and it's a conspiracy, based on the source. What the fukk? This is unhinged shyt.

I agree with this too. Besides KDII debuted at number 3 on Billboard. And that was an announcement less than two weeks before it dropped. So I think this could surpass that with good promotion, a single, tracklisting/feature announcement etc. But the sales stuff kinda bores me at this point too. I wanna see Nas succeed obviously but I'm more interested in the music. I'll support as I always do but he'll do whatever numbers he does and that's that. Die hard Nas fans have a tendency to overthink his career but he'll be alright, he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Coop literally repeated everything she said lol:snoop:. I've been saying for months shytting on his fanbase is stupid. Even if they feel that way privately don't put that out in public.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You aren’t concerned about the sales because you aren’t the artist.
If Stevie Wonder dropped an album next month, how concerned do you think he'd be about sales? If Rolling Stones dropped an album next month, would they care about sales? Sade is working on an album right now...is her team plotting out sales projections? No. Because they're legacy artists whose peak of sales success has passed. At this point they're making music out of love, and as a preface for going on tour.

Nothing about Nas' actions for these albums suggests he is trying to sell records. There are no real radio singles before the albums drop. There's been limited to no promotion. And one album was surprise dropped on Christmas Eve. There are obvious things that could be done to sell an album if that was the goal. He's checked one of the boxes this time by announcing the album early. The next would be a single, preferably with a big feature. Drake. SZA. Weeknd. Someone, pick one. With a video before the album. And then drop a "street" track, 2-3 days before album release, and reveal the features/track list. And then on album release date do a big interview. The Breakfast Club, live in studio. Or if he doesn't want to deal with Angela Yee, he can drop an interview with Charlamange on his own platform - the same way CTG did the Kanye interview. Then maybe do another interview on the west coast with someone like Big Boy, LA Leakers, Kev, etc. Maybe do the Kevin Hart interview thing that artists are doing.

Nas out here rich as fukk off great investments, he's not stressing album sales. But if he wanted to do 60-65k first week there's a clear blueprint to do it.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Stevie Wonder dropped an album next month, how concerned do you think he'd be about sales? If Rolling Stones dropped an album next month, would they care about sales? Sade is working on an album right now...is her team plotting out sales projections? No. Because they're legacy artists whose peak of sales success has passed. At this point they're making music out of love, and as a preface for going on tour.

Nothing about Nas' actions for these albums suggests he is trying to sell records. There are no real radio singles before the albums drop. There's been limited to no promotion. And one album was surprise dropped on Christmas Eve. There are obvious things that could be done to sell an album if that was the goal. He's checked one of the boxes this time by announcing the album early. The next would be a single, preferably with a big feature. Drake. SZA. Weeknd. Someone, pick one. With a video before the album. And then drop a "street" track, 2-3 days before album release, and reveal the features/track list. And then on album release date do a big interview. The Breakfast Club, live in studio. Or if he doesn't want to deal with Angela Yee, he can drop an interview with Charlamange on his own platform - the same way CTG did the Kanye interview. Then maybe do another interview on the west coast with someone like Big Boy, LA Leakers, Kev, etc. Maybe do the Kevin Hart interview thing that artists are doing.

Nas out here rich as fukk off great investments, he's not stressing album sales. But if he wanted to do 60-65k first week there's a clear blueprint to do it.
Maybe he will do all those for kd3