Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I'm not opposed to Nas one day working with guys from previous eras again but the insistence that he only work with them really annoys me. You don't hear Jay fans asking why he isn't working with Clark Kent or Ski Beatz. Don't hear Em fans asking why he doesn't work with the Bass Brothers. If Biggie was alive no one would be demanding he work with Easy Mo Bee.

The funny thing about most of these dudes is they can't even name one Pete Rock beat they liked in the last 10-20 years. And they probably didn't even like the Pete Rock beats on Lost Tapes 2, or they pulled the "it's not as good as xyz" card. No shyt. These guys are operating entirely off nostalgia. Whether it's a beat/song, slice of pizza, or some p*ssy, nothing these old heads do today is going to be better than how that stuff sounded/tasted/felt circa 94 when when they were in their 20s. That's how nostalgia works. You gotta move past that shyt or you'll be bitter forever.
lol.. aint no big time rappers out here calling Pete for beats. But, Nas should be working with him in order to make fire projects. lol

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is the only artist who is held to the standard of his first album and anything less then that is a complete failure

Dudes said the same thing about IWW because of trackmasters even though it had plenty of other legendary producers

KD1 and KD2 have plenty of songs for “stuck in the 90’s” fans

Hell Magic is pretty much a boom bap album yet people still complain

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Nas is the only artist who is held to the standard of his first album and anything less then that is a complete failure

Dudes said the same thing about IWW because of trackmasters even though it had plenty of other legendary producers

KD1 and KD2 have plenty of songs for “stuck in the 90’s” fans

Hell Magic is pretty much a boom bap album yet people still complain

If Nas listened to his fans, he would be Kool G Rap (paraphrasing Steve Stoute)

Ball

All Star
Daps
How close to the release date does the track list usually get released these days?

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas: “Why every time I announce I’m dropping the same old conversations?” All he wants is fans to enjoy, be happy, no stress & no room for hate.
I cough it up to jealousy there are some dudes that can’t get over the fact that he still this good, so they turn to hate. It’s actually a pretty astonishing thing to witness, especially on twitter. There are some dudes on there that go out of their way to hate on Nas on back to back post. It’s real weird behavior coming from men.