Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
The Hate Nas brigade has formed these fans minds that his beats aren't knocking post Illmatic

We actually have Nas fans that think he should work with a man that sued him in Pete Rock, 9th Wonder that dissed his personal album dedicated to his just had passed Mom in GodSon, and work with a Lupe that dissed him plenty times during his podcast with Royce. And fukk J Cole too. Nas fans are stupid AF

In the same vein of you pointing out that tweet, you don't find it strange that people can't even discuss who they'd like to see Nas create music with or offer criticism of his recent and past works without the torches and pitchforks coming out from his acolytes online?

Like, what seriously is the point of having an album or artist DISCUSSION THREAD if the only discussion that most people participating in it will find acceptable is how everything about the album or artist is perfect in every way?

Pete Rock has a Phd in being a smart dumb n*gga (he's probably teaching courses at this point) and has become an embarrassment on social media. And yes he sued Nas, so a professional working relationship proabably ain't in the cards ever again. He's also arguably the greatest producer to touch a beat machine and still puts out dope shyt. So why act as if a person saying "Hmmm, I think Nas and Pete together would sound pretty good" is some absurd sentiment for a hip-hop fan to express?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In the same vein of you pointing out that tweet, you don't find it strange that people can't even discuss who they'd like to see Nas create music with or offer criticism of his recent and past works without the torches and pitchforks coming out from his acolytes online?

Like, what seriously is the point of having an album or artist DISCUSSION THREAD if the only discussion that most people participating in it will find acceptable is how everything about the album or artist is perfect in every way?

Pete Rock has a Phd in being a smart dumb n*gga (he's probably teaching courses at this point) and has become an embarrassment on social media. And yes he sued Nas, so a professional working relationship proabably ain't in the cards ever again. He's also arguably the greatest producer to touch a beat machine and still puts out dope shyt. So why act as if a person saying "Hmmm, I think Nas and Pete together would sound pretty good" is some absurd sentiment for a hip-hop fan to express?

The greatest producer to touch a beat machine is The RZA

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To respond to your last paragraph.Because it’s a flat out unrealistic expectation. Why would Nas work with Pete rock is suing him, so logically why would we say he would sound good over Pete rock? That ship has sailed. Somebody also said Nas should also work with MC Shan. That is not a logical statement either.

Daps
To respond to your last paragraph.Because it’s a flat out unrealistic expectation. Why would Nas work with Pete rock is suing him, so logically why would we say he would sound good over Pete rock? That ship has sailed. Somebody also said Nas should also work with MC Shan. That is not a logical statement either.

Because if you're a fan of hip-hop music and socialize with others online, that's a normal and rational thought/discussion to have. You can even take Pete Rock's name out of the equation because it doesn't matter who you say. If it's not whatever Nas released at the moment, cats will come for your head for suggesting or openly wondering "what if..?". There's not a single musical artist I can think of where this phenomenon takes place (maybe Beyonce stans?)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Nas working with Shan is a million times more realistic than Nas ever touching a Pete Rock beat ever again.

There was a reason Nas and Pete Rock hadn’t even in spoken in almost twenty years after The World Is Yours and thats because Pete is a bitter hater who trashed It Was Written because he wasn’t on it. Then he gets TWO placements on Lost Tapes 2 and turns around and sues Nas over Masters royalties from Illmatic which would only make sense if Nas actually OWNED the Masters to Illmatic.

So there really is no realistic reason to be expecting a Nas/Pete Rock record ever again

Whereas with Shan, Nas always shows love to the legends and Shan especially. He sampled him on Life Is Good. I could see a situation similar to The Definition which featured Brucie B, where Shan is talking on the record whether than rapping a full verse, or I could even see Nas directing a documentary about Shan the way he did for Ralph Mcdaniels. THAT would be an incredible way of honoring Queensbridge for the 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop celebration that Nas is spearheading

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas working with Shan is a million times more realistic than Nas ever touching a Pete Rock beat ever again.

There was a reason Nas and Pete Rock hadn’t even in spoken in almost twenty years after The World Is Yours and thats because Pete is a bitter hater who trashed It Was Written because he wasn’t on it. Then he gets TWO placements on Lost Tapes 2 and turns around and sues Nas over Masters royalties from Illmatic which would only make sense if Nas actually OWNED the Masters to Illmatic.

So there really is no realistic reason to be expecting a Nas/Pete Rock record ever again

Whereas with Shan, Nas always shows love to the legends and Shan especially. He sampled him on Life Is Good. I could see a situation similar to The Definition which featured Brucie B, where Shan is talking on the record whether than rapping a full verse, or I could even see Nas directing a documentary about Shan the way he did for Ralph Mcdaniels. THAT would be an incredible way of honoring Queensbridge for the 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop celebration that Nas is spearheading
I get what you are saying. Of course Nas has love for a lot of the legends of hip hop. I’m talking specifically for the KD series. Working with those type of mcs on other projects, I would understand.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm not opposed to Nas one day working with guys from previous eras again but the insistence that he only work with them really annoys me. You don't hear Jay fans asking why he isn't working with Clark Kent or Ski Beatz. Don't hear Em fans asking why he doesn't work with the Bass Brothers. If Biggie was alive no one would be demanding he work with Easy Mo Bee.

The funny thing about most of these dudes is they can't even name one Pete Rock beat they liked in the last 10-20 years. And they probably didn't even like the Pete Rock beats on Lost Tapes 2, or they pulled the "it's not as good as xyz" card. No shyt. These guys are operating entirely off nostalgia. Whether it's a beat/song, slice of pizza, or some p*ssy, nothing these old heads do today is going to be better than how that stuff sounded/tasted/felt circa 94 when when they were in their 20s. That's how nostalgia works. You gotta move past that shyt or you'll be bitter forever.