Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I can see how KD1 could be a bit divisive. I don't hold it as high as some others do. I think it's 4 mics solid definite step up from Nasir. KD2 was great outside a couple of songs :banderas: . Magic was something for the day 1's IDK how any Nas fan couldn't feel that:wtf:
nikka literally made an album for everyone these last 3 albums.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What does that really mean, though? Rakim isn't some no-name rapper, he literally changed the way people rhymed. If Nas didn't exist, he would be the GOAT. And he hasn't lost his skills at all as the feature on Busta's album and the Black Messiah track shows. Just because Rakim hasn't been that active past his prime, doesn't mean he no longer belongs. If he was trash now, I would understand, but he can release an album on Friday and still show everyone why he was considered the GOAT at one point.

Nas got EPMD on a track on the KD series with Hit Boy and they killed it. You really don't think Rakim can do the same thing? That him and Nas on the same track isn't a huge moment for hip hop?

I don’t think Nas & Rakim fukk with each other like THAT to be honest. There’s obviously mutual respect there but Rakim has said some suspect shyt regarding Nas since UBR dropped (he flip flops consistently about his feelings regarding that song) and Nas has pretty much said he’s better than Rakim (check Reach Out on Life Is Good) so there’s weird energy there. I doubt the two of them ever do real song together.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y’all are really stuck in a time period musically and don’t know how to evolve with Nas as an artist. Some of these comments are downright comical and I find it hard to believe that y’all are real Nas fans in todays time. Evolution occurs slowly and gradually so it’s crazy that Nas has been a professional artist for 30 yrs and he still has fans wanting him to recreate music he already MASTERED and feature artist he already collaborated with multiple times throughout his career. Shoutout to Nas for being confident in who he is as an artist/man and understanding that evolution is apart of life, music and business. Because if you do not grow your azz will he left behind.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Some of y’all are really stuck in a time period musically and don’t know how to evolve with Nas as an artist. Some of these comments are downright comical and I find it hard to believe that y’all are real Nas fans in todays time. Evolution occurs slowly and gradually so it’s crazy that Nas has been a professional artist for 30 yrs and he still has fans wanting him to recreate music he already MASTERED and feature artist he already collaborated with multiple times throughout his career. Shoutout to Nas for being confident in who he is as an artist/man and understanding that evolution is apart of life, music and business. Because if you do not grow your azz will he left behind.

If nas would have listen to the fans he would never eva eva eva did an album with hit boy to begin with

Last edited:

Budda

Superstar
Daps

Delusional folks talking about MC Shan, all respect due to the pioneers but for nikkas so caught up on lyricism, these old school 80’s rappers for the most part ain’t better than the likes of Kodak lyrically either, outside of Rakim and G Rap who Im still not all to interested in hearing on a Nas song in 2022, he said in 2001 he’s always moving forwards a shame over 20 years later some of his fans can’t, guess they really still in their 2nd childhoods.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I don’t think Nas & Rakim fukk with each other like THAT to be honest. There’s obviously mutual respect there but Rakim has said some suspect shyt regarding Nas since UBR dropped (he flip flops consistently about his feelings regarding that song) and Nas has pretty much said he’s better than Rakim (check Reach Out on Life Is Good) so there’s weird energy there. I doubt the two of them ever do real song together.
It’s respect there. Ra violated in the past tho but they have been cool since. Ra’s son Tahmell be clout chasing tho and be running around saying he’s the “real godson” and he runs Ra’s page as well and be saying that shyt. Every nikka in the family be telling him to stop that shyt but he would rather clout chase. Funny thing is he’s a big Nas fan. Smh.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who would y’all like to see feature judging off the past 2’s features

Andre 3000, Big Boi or both

Mase (I got flack for this before, but the two of them never worked together and I think it would work)

Drake

Rihanna or Beyonce (Nas has a song with all the huge R&B/Pop divas except these two. I know Beyonce had back up and additional vocals on "BBC" and "Sorry Not Sorry", but I'd like to hear a song with her doing a hook/bridge or even a short singing verse)

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It started right at the beginning. When Nas did the verse on Live At The Barbecue people started saying he was the second coming of Rakim, but Ra was still actively putting out music at that time.

Ra didn’t really take that as a compliment, he took that as people saying his time was over. So naturally he wasn’t really feeling the comparison or wanting Nas to take his spot, and that spilled over into just not really rocking with Nas like that at all.

Add to that Rakim’s legal issues with Eric B preventing him from putting out music and then Rakim getting dropped from his label right around the same time illmatic was hitting the streets. Ra saw his career going down at the same time Nas’ was going up.

By the time Ra was back in the game Nas was already a superstar and Ra was now trying to reestablish himself, but spending 5 years off he kind of fell out with the sound of hip hop. Things done changed and there was a new school of MCs running shyt with Nas right at the top.

Where Shan was over before Nas came out, KRS and Kane was a different lane altogether, Slick Rick was locked up, LL was doing his thing, G Rap was still working, Rakim’s career just got stalled. That wasn’t Nas fault, but Ra never really cliqued it up with Nas.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This...

These collab wishes are downright crazy for the most part. I dont think Ive ever really wished collabs for him (maybe once or twice back in the day) for the simple fact I dont really like artists doing collabs.

Listeners have become so brainwashed by the industry.. This a Nas album. We should be checking for Nas.. not no collabs for playlists, streams and grammy noms...

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
Preme def made it sound like they had more planned than just the EP track, we'll see. Personally I'd like at least one more album with multiple producers in this period where Nas is on fire. Nas has clearly enjoyed the studio process with Hit Boy, coming up with shyt and just recording. My dream idea has always been Nas and a bunch of producers setting up camp in some dope area and just recording, collaborating, etc. Like when Kanye went to Hawaii and did MBDTF. Hit Boy, No ID, Alchemist, Premo, Sounwave, Bo1da...just a bunch of dudes crafting some crazy shyt with Nas.

I wonder what happened to that album he was recording between 2013-2016 with different producers which was suppose to be the follow up to Life Is Good but he decided to go a different direction. I know different producers was saying they had sessions with Nas but the songs never surfaced.