Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Once it didn't drop August, I knew NaS would give us something 4th QTR. The Wu Tour was Hit but I guess he wanted to get the tour out of the way and drop right after. He needs time to promote and market it. The first two albums were a surprise. He told us on "Ugly" this was coming so this time, do a traditional roll out. Announce a month in advance. Check 1. Let's have some video ready from jump too. Check 2. Lastly a few interviews, Check 3 and then release. Look, "Magic" dropped last December and that album is still on rotation just like the KD series.

Looking back, August was too soon. If "Magic" didn't drop then fine but since it did. I'm happy NaS pushed it back. He's drop multiple albums in the same year before but it's rare for him to do that. Can't wait. That mean basically Two back to back winter albums from NaS. He's dropped so many albums in the winter. Anyways, NaS still kept us fed with the Premo Track and Cormega track and a few features. Escobar Season has Returned Folks. Lastly to Hit-Boy and NaS. Thank you guys. It really was no rush, you both put in so much work over the last 3 years. I will always remember this era from NaS specially because he did this during the Pandemic.

FfY_unTXkAk7_6G

:blessed:

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed with the poster above, don't need any half assed features from the "new school" like YG, Big Sean, Kodak, etc......all trash or on that trap tip.

Give me some Rae and Ghost, or how about bringing Nature out of the woodwork for a feature? That would be dope!
Maybe some real Queens OG's like an MC Shan who hasn't been on a song in forever!?
Rakim maybe?
Lupe Fiasco?
Black thought?!
JID!

So many good lyrical artists to go to for a feature than the Gen Z/ Millennial bums y'all mentioning.....
MC Shan and Rakim???? In 2022 fam stop it :camby:

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
My body is ready. Did hit or nas say if they’re ending the series at iii or have they hinted that iv is possible? Either way, hell of a string of projects and it only makes since that the goat jump on a track to bookend the kd lps

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As
My body is ready. Did hit or nas say if they’re ending the series at iii or have they hinted that iv is possible? Either way, hell of a string of projects and it only makes since that the goat jump on a track to bookend the kd lps

They’ve never said one way or the other besides the fact that they always planned to do KD3.

This is really unprecedented territory for Nas. Before this the last producer he worked with multiple times throughout a string of albums was Salaam Remi, and of course not with the fervor of productivity with which he and Hit-Boy have accomplished.

If I were to GUESS what Nas would do next it might be the long awaited album with Premier.

Ball

All Star
Daps
As

They’ve never said one way or the other besides the fact that they always planned to do KD3.

This is really unprecedented territory for Nas. Before this the last producer he worked with multiple times throughout a string of albums was Salaam Remi, and of course not with the fervor of productivity with which he and Hit-Boy have accomplished.

If I were to GUESS what Nas would do next it might be the long awaited album with Premier.

I would love for one of his next projects to be Distant Relatives II

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
KD1
- The Firm, including surprise verse from Dr. Dre.
- Anderson Park feature was dope
- Don Tolliver & Fivio Foreign 🔥
- Big Sean did his thing too

KD2
- A new Nas and Lauryn Hill song (shyt even Obama liked it)
- Blxst is fire

I was mainly referring to the rap features.

The Firm reunion was obviously dope.

Fivio/Ferg and Big Sean/Don Toliver songs were probably the 2 weakest songs off KD1 for me.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
As

Preme def made it sound like they had more planned than just the EP track, we'll see. Personally I'd like at least one more album with multiple producers in this period where Nas is on fire. Nas has clearly enjoyed the studio process with Hit Boy, coming up with shyt and just recording. My dream idea has always been Nas and a bunch of producers setting up camp in some dope area and just recording, collaborating, etc. Like when Kanye went to Hawaii and did MBDTF. Hit Boy, No ID, Alchemist, Premo, Sounwave, Bo1da...just a bunch of dudes crafting some crazy shyt with Nas.