Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If anything, i think the guest features been the weakest link on the Nas & HitBoy albums.

Magic came close to perfection also because it didn't have features. ASAP's verse wasn't groundbreaking but not bad enough either to bring the level a notch down. Can't say that about KD1 or 2.

This time i'd like him to go with elite guests in terms of quality and commercial "visibility".
And since we're dropping wishlists..

JID
Black Thought
Drake
Ghost & Rae

Not familiar with Kodak's music, just checked.. Didn't expect the kid to have so many 200M+ views videos on YouTube damn.. But the music is trash.. Don't want half ass features like YG, Big Sean etc..

But Hitboy probably orchestrated a whole new vision and maybe sound for this new LP. Expect surprises..

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
hope Pusha T is on it

but really cool with whoever

except for Drake (he's the anti-Nas as far as I'm concerned) -
why are so many smart posters in here listing Drake? Especially now when he's more trash than ever. Do y'all really care about a billionaire's album sales that much?

and for the record: I've copped all of Nas albums on CD, and most of them on Vinyl and will get the rest on Vinyl eventually

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
also hope that isn't the real album cover, if it is, it's the worst cover in his discography

but works great for promo

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
hope Pusha T is on it

why are so many smart posters in here listing Drake? Especially now when he's more trash than ever. Do y'all really care about a billionaire's album sales that much?

and for the record: I've copped all of Nas albums on CD, and most of them on Vinyl and will get the rest on Vinyl eventually
Game had a Drake feature and it didn't do numbers like that, yet the record was quality. Don't sleep, Drake already been on a feature with Nas

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
hope Pusha T is on it

I’m not a Drake fan in the SLIGHTEST but i’d assume people want to see them work together because Drake has been the biggest rapper in the game the past 15 years (commercially speaking) and a song with Nas would stream like hot cakes.

Plus Drake is an admitted Nas stan

And of the most respected rappers whom everyone considers legends, Nas is the only one who Drake hasn’t worked with (although they were both on Nicki Minaj’s song Champion from 2012)

I don’t care either way. Nas can work with whoever he wants and i’ll give it a fair listen. Its not like Nas has ever been “above” working with commercial artists.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
If anything, i think the guest features been the weakest link on the Nas & HitBoy albums.

Magic came close to perfection also because it didn't have features. ASAP's verse wasn't groundbreaking but not bad enough either to bring the level a notch down. Can't say that about KD1 or 2.

This time i'd like him to go with elite guests in terms of quality and commercial "visibility".
And since we're dropping wishlists..

JID
Black Thought
Drake
Ghost & Rae

Not familiar with Kodak's music, just checked.. Didn't expect the kid to have so many 200M+ views videos on YouTube damn.. But the music is trash.. Don't want half ass features like YG, Big Sean etc..

But Hitboy probably orchestrated a whole new vision and maybe sound for this new LP. Expect surprises..
I agree that some of the guest features have been the ‘weakest’ part of the series, but the only old rapper I have any interest in hearing on KD3 is Jay. I hope they keep it current for the finale with the talented cats of todays era (no wack mfers). On the r&b tip I dont mind if they go back a bit, Nas and Charlie Wilson are 2/2 they should go for the trifecta