Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Budda

Superstar
Daps
If anything, i think the guest features been the weakest link on the Nas & HitBoy albums.

Magic came close to perfection also because it didn't have features. ASAP's verse wasn't groundbreaking but not bad enough either to bring the level a notch down. Can't say that about KD1 or 2.

This time i'd like him to go with elite guests in terms of quality and commercial "visibility".
And since we're dropping wishlists..

JID
Black Thought
Drake
Ghost & Rae

Not familiar with Kodak's music, just checked.. Didn't expect the kid to have so many 200M+ views videos on YouTube damn.. But the music is trash.. Don't want half ass features like YG, Big Sean etc..

But Hitboy probably orchestrated a whole new vision and maybe sound for this new LP. Expect surprises..

Kodak ain’t trash at all, he’s thoughtful without being complex and wise despite having an ignorant surface, you just have to dig through the dirt to get the jewels.

He’s one of the best newish rappers of the last 5-10 years, got his own style his own sound can churn out hits upon hits, can make a banger can make songs for the streets and ladies, can even get on the conscious tip, and he’s a big Nas fan and just been on Kendrick album.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
hope Pusha T is on it

but really cool with whoever

except for Drake (he's the anti-Nas as far as I'm concerned) -
why are so many smart posters in here listing Drake? Especially now when he's more trash than ever. Do y'all really care about a billionaire's album sales that much?

and for the record: I've copped all of Nas albums on CD, and most of them on Vinyl and will get the rest on Vinyl eventually

Drake is far from the Anti Nas. Even on the surface Drakes conversational flow can be very Nas like, when Drake was coming up he said he’s 4 biggest influences were Kanye Wayne Jay and Nas.

Drake is a good rapper both technically and musically and he and Nas could mesh the same way Drake and Ross or Nas and Ross do, that conversational flow on a soulful beat centred around women could work.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
This is such a mid 00s trope, it wouldn’t look out of place on AHH, we streaming now and I’m sure 99% of most on here will be streaming or buying album..

Fvck yo streaming.
It's Nas...wtf is 10 dollars

I love Nas so much let me go play his new album on YouTube n give him a "sell"

Man foh with that lame shyt

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Fvck yo streaming.
It's Nas...wtf is 10 dollars

I love Nas so much let me go play his new album on YouTube n give him a "sell"

Man foh with that lame shyt

You say this but you blocked your cousins when he asked you for a $50:russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
m9h1uar[1].png

Fred.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Agreed with the poster above, don't need any half assed features from the "new school" like YG, Big Sean, Kodak, etc......all trash or on that trap tip.

Give me some Rae and Ghost, or how about bringing Nature out of the woodwork for a feature? That would be dope!
Maybe some real Queens OG's like an MC Shan who hasn't been on a song in forever!?
Rakim maybe?
Lupe Fiasco?
Black thought?!
JID!

So many good lyrical artists to go to for a feature than the Gen Z/ Millennial bums y'all mentioning.....

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Agreed with the poster above, don't need any half assed features from the "new school" like YG, Big Sean, Kodak, etc......all trash or on that trap tip.

Give me some Rae and Ghost, or how about bringing Nature out of the woodwork for a feature? That would be dope!
Maybe some real Queens OG's like an MC Shan who hasn't been on a song in forever!?
Rakim maybe?
Lupe Fiasco?
Black thought?!
JID!

So many good lyrical artists to go to for a feature than the Gen Z/ Millennial bums y'all mentioning.....
Shan? Da fuhk