Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
At one point Beatminerz were my fav production team. Those early BCC albums were tough. Dah Shinin still sounds like I'm hearing it for the first time every time I put it on.

They're my favorite producers of all-time. I personally have them over Premier and Pete Rock. Dah Shinin, not surprisingly, is my favorite album ever too, in large part to Walt and Dee's production. I'm all for more Nas cuts with them on the boards.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was really excited about that album because of Hip Hop's involvement. He said the first time him and Nas hung out, they went to Alchemist's house/studio to vibe and pick beats. Having the guy who picked Hov's beats (and who is a big Nas stan) A&R a Nas album was just an amazing idea and then it didn't happen for whatever reason.
Exactly! Nas and Hit Boy is dope and I’m all for they music but I ain’t trying to hear nobody tell me that Nas Album Done wasn’t going to be a project to look forward too. Yeah, Nas may have used some of the rhymes and maybe even some of the concepts but Nas is also well know for leaving dope ass shyt in the vaults. Whatever yo! Anything that ever leaks from any of those sessions, especially shyt the dude Hip Hop was involved with, I want to hear.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never understood why it took nearly 30 yrs for a Beatminerz collab to happen in the first place. They used to record in the same studio for years, I can't imagine a working relationship or discussions about them doing stuff together didn't happen at some point.

"The Mecca" was flames, but given the legendary lineup I was a bit underwhelmed.

But Nas over some vintage Evil Dee or Mr. Walt grittiness :ahh:
I forgot about "The Mecca." I need to put all of the loosies and guest appearances Nas has done since Nasir dropped.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I wish someone could interview Hip Hop and ask him about the Nas Album Done project.

This is from when he was still working with Nas. I don't think he's said anything since Nasir came out. Since then he's been working pretty heavily with Alchemist and doing some management stuff for Westside Gunn.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
At one point Beatminerz were my fav production team. Those early BCC albums were tough. Dah Shinin still sounds like I'm hearing it for the first time every time I put it on.
that OGC Storm album is one of my fav albums ever production wise..the whole album sounds how the No Fear video looks

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is from when he was still working with Nas. I don't think he's said anything since Nasir came out. Since then he's been working pretty heavily with Alchemist and doing some management stuff for Westside Gunn.

Thanks! That's a long ass interview. Can I get a timestamp where he talks about working with nas?