Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Listen y'all, Nas and Hit know what they doing, this is their 4th album in 2 years and so they know how to work together. As a Nas fan, I love his soul shyt more.....gimme tracks like Memory Lane, Second Childhood, Moments, Take it in Blood, Nas is Good, that storytelling Nas......I eat that soul shyt up. But I think Nas also needs an anthem as someone said......a big song for the Wu-Tang tour......maybe a anthem in the same vein as Hate Me Now bc everyone was singing that shyt back in 99'. He had the video, Puff was in it......Nas needs a new anthem for the modern times!

Nas needs his "Empire State of Mind" so to speak.......because he never had a song as big as that.......

I love Magic also but that was hardcore Nasty Nas, he gave the hardcore fans that but I can't see another album full of tracks like that bc that album wasn't commercial at all except for maybe Wave Gods.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
KD3 going to be next level, so I’m not even worried.

Yeah, I know Nas and Hit-Boy aren't going to disappoint, regardless of what direction they go in. It's just that this is the first album they're doing with an advance warning, so now, you have everybody stressed out and speculating which is just going to leave them even more stressed out when the album finally comes.

But on the plus side, it means something that people care so much. King's Disease came out two years ago today and look where we are now. We're one album away from one of the greatest trilogies in hip hop.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I know Nas and Hit-Boy aren't going to disappoint, regardless of what direction they go in. It's just that this is the first album they're doing with an advance warning, so now, you have everybody stressed out and speculating which is just going to leave them even more stressed out when the album finally comes.

But on the plus side, it means something that people care so much. King's Disease came out two years ago today and look where we are now. We're one album away from one of the greatest trilogies in hip hop.
You have a point. That one line Nas dropped was all the promotion he needed to really get the fans excited. That's just Nas though. Honestly, people such as myself still waiting on the Nas Album Done project. LMAO. The lin didn't age well.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
You have a point. That one line Nas dropped was all the promotion he needed to really get the fans excited. That's just Nas though. Honestly, people such as myself still waiting on the Nas Album Done project. LMAO. The lin didn't age well.

"Nas Album Done" was a great song, but because the album never came out, the song is going to be lost to time.

I really want to know why that album never came out and if we've heard any of it. My theory is some of the songs ended up on LT2 like "No Bad Energy" and "Adult Film," but I can't be sure.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
"Nas Album Done" was a great song, but because the album never came out, the song is going to be lost to time.

I really want to know why that album never came out and if we've heard any of it. My theory is some of the songs ended up on LT2 like "No Bad Energy" and "Adult Film," but I can't be sure.
Pretty sure Nas, Swizz Beatz and others said that was the case. I think I remember reading Echo was a part of that too. Swizz had a whole albums worth of stuff with him at that time and I think the RZA joints were for the album as well.

I know for sure Swizz mentioned it in interviews, I just don't remember which ones.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty sure Nas, Swizz Beatz and others said that was the case. I think I remember reading Echo was a part of that too. Swizz had a whole albums worth of stuff with him at that time and I think the RZA joints were for the album as well.

I know for sure Swizz mentioned it in interviews, I just don't remember which ones.

The thing with "Nas Album Done" is that the era doesn't cover just one album. There's like 2-3 albums from that period:

1) Nas announced he was revealing the title of the album, which at the time was the follow up to Life Is Good. This was around the time of the 2013 Grammys. We never got a title.

2) Timbaland revealed he'd worked with Nas and revealed "Sinatra In The Sands" in a 2013 interview around the release of MCHG.

3) In 2014, Nas confirmed working with Timbaland and described it as powerful implying it was multiple songs. He also worked with No I.D. and Swizz in the same interview. Nas pretty much said he needed to live a little bit so he could complete the album. Sounded like he was concerned about how fast everything was coming together and wanted to live outside of the studio to find inspiration to complete the album.

4) Timbaland released a snippet of what they working on in 2015. Later that year Nas said the album was coming. Nas does an interview with Khed and doubles down on "Sinatra In The Sands" being on said album, but also reveled work with Large Professor, Beatminerz, and Cool & Dre.

5) Khaled drops the song "Nas Album Done" on his album in 2016.

6) Swizz reveals he'd done an album with Nas. Previously, around New Years 2016, Swizz played some beats implying they were for Nas as we see someone getting an "Illmatic" design in their hair cut.

7) Hip Hop revealed that he was the A&R of the album Nas was working on and that it was 80% complete.

8) Nas drops Nasir entirely produced by Kanye. During a promo run, he reveals working with RZA and Swizz on a new album.

9) Lost Tapes 2 drops with songs produced by RZA and Swizz, which likely were from the sessions from the album he was working on from that 2017-2018 album.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
The thing with "Nas Album Done" is that the era doesn't cover just one album. There's like 2-3 albums from that period:

1) Nas announced he was revealing the title of the album, which at the time was the follow up to Life Is Good. This was around the time of the 2013 Grammys. We never got a title.

2) Timbaland revealed he'd worked with Nas and revealed "Sinatra In The Sands" in a 2013 interview around the release of MCHG.

3) In 2014, Nas confirmed working with Timbaland and described it as powerful implying it was multiple songs. He also worked with No I.D. and Swizz in the same interview. Nas pretty much said he needed to live a little bit so he could complete the album. Sounded like he was concerned about how fast everything was coming together and wanted to live outside of the studio to find inspiration to complete the album.

4) Timbaland released a snippet of what they working on in 2015. Later that year Nas said the album was coming. Nas does an interview with Khed and doubles down on "Sinatra In The Sands" being on said album, but also reveled work with Large Professor, Beatminerz, and Cool & Dre.

5) Khaled drops the song "Nas Album Done" on his album in 2016.

6) Swizz reveals he'd done an album with Nas. Previously, around New Years 2016, Swizz played some beats implying they were for Nas as we see someone getting an "Illmatic" design in their hair cut.

7) Hip Hop revealed that he was the A&R of the album Nas was working on and that it was 80% complete.

8) Nas drops Nasir entirely produced by Kanye. During a promo run, he reveals working with RZA and Swizz on a new album.

9) Lost Tapes 2 drops with songs produced by RZA and Swizz, which likely were from the sessions from the album he was working on from that 2017-2018 album.
I already knew all of this except that he was working with the Beatminerz :wow:
I know he worked with Baby Paul once, but I don't think he's released anything with them other than Destroy and Rebuild :patrice:
That shyt needs to come out :sadcam: