Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Also some other tidbits

Nas and Jay aren’t in direct competition when it comes to release dates. Nas told Jay the release dates of both KD2 and KD3 directly.

Nas went into the recording process for KD3 knowing there would be no features. Everyone was surprised, even Hit Boy asked him if he was sure about it

Said Nas won’t clear a feature if he does the verse and he listens to the album and its wack. Or if he suggests changes to the song and the changes don’t happen. She alluded to this being the case with the Cordae song Nas was supposed to be on.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
We went into a conversation regarding Nas recording process and she talked about the craziness of the Nasir recordings and how frustrated Nas was working with Kanye and how Ye didn’t send Nas the first beat until the WEEK OF the release. She said during the Queensbridge listening event Nas and Kanye were in the back of the car still recording. She implied Nas was NOT happy with the whole fiasco but that Kanye sees Nas as a superhero and told him to his face “You’re NAS! This is light work for you!”
Just another reason why I’ve appreciated the KD series and Magic. It felt like something was off with that listening party in QB. It’s why as a fan I still feel sour about that project. Had Nas recording in the backseat on the night the record was released. :scusthov: And therein lies a difference between Kanye and Hit-Boy in their approaches to working with Nas. I think they both hold Nas in high regard but the respect is different. For Nasir, Kanye seemed more concerned about himself and what he was doing with those 7-song EPs and not really focusing on collaborating with Nas. I fully think he expected Nas to make magic out of his chaotic madness. Meanwhile, Hit-Boy has seemed to be locked in with Nas and tailoring shyt for Nas and giving Nas the space to be comfortable in creating. I’m sure the documentary will reveal what their recording process entailed and how they felt about it. I expect it to be categorically different from that Nasir stretch. In the clips we’ve already seen and what they’ve shared it seems like Nas was genuinely having fun and enjoying the process.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Also some other tidbits

Nas and Jay aren’t in direct competition when it comes to release dates. Nas told Jay the release dates of both KD2 and KD3 directly.

Nas went into the recording process for KD3 knowing there would be no features. Everyone was surprised, even Hit Boy asked him if he was sure about it

Said Nas won’t clear a feature if he does the verse and he listens to the album and its wack. Or if he suggests changes to the song and the changes don’t happen. She alluded to this being the case with the Cordae song Nas was supposed to be on.
Damn I was hoping that wasn’t the case wit Cordae.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Also some other tidbits

If i wasnt on the road rn id go find that thread one of them stans made about this shyt smh

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Also some other tidbits

I dont know how much of this I buy. And I know you’re just passing along the info she said but it sounds like bs. Does anyone really think Nas listened to Bieber, Joss Stone or this dude album below to clear a guest verse? :heh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To put in perspective.

I any other rapper's first 4 albums were KD1/KD2/Magic/KD3, then they would already be in the top 20-25 convo. Nas dropped them after already being on Mount Rushmore. THE GOAT.

I was thinking about this earlier. The KD series and Magic run has been crazy to where those four albums could really go against anything this decade. He sounds current without being corny or dated. Same goes for the production.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to ole girl the ALBUM wasn’t done.

Nas rush recorded a lot of that album and there were other songs that got left off because there wasn’t time and they were sticking to the 7 song format. Apparently they were recording up to and AFTER the QB event. The QB event was the first time Nas even saw Kanye in person during the entire process

Last edited: