Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
it’s insane he dropped better content in a two
Man, hearing all this stuff about the Nasir fiasco it shows how Kanye really dropped the ball with Nas man.......like Nasir was kinda trash. Kanye shoulda gave Nas those College dropout and Late Registration soul type beats to flow over, but we get some half assed shyt instead.
Hit Boy was right when calling his mental ass out.

Also, does the Nas and Primo album possibly excite me? Yea.....but at the same time, Primo usually does hard joints. Street bangers.
Listening to KD3, could Primo pull of a beat like WTF SMH? Get Light or Legit with all the beat changes? I dont know, those types of beats ain't in Primo's bag or wheelhouse.

It just goes to show you how versatile Hit Boy is......shyt Hit Boy even replicated Primo's style with "Wave Gods......"
honestly the only producer I want to see Nas do a whole album with is Madlib. I keep thinking about Bonjour and then Education for Gibbs. Same sample but way better.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Great album. While I slightly like the production on KD2 and Magic better Nas is so lyrically sharp on this album. This man never ages

The more I listen to KD3, I think the production was more on the smoother side to let Nas shine lyrically. Upon first listen, my impression was that Nas lyrics overpowered the production. After listening a few times, the production is good, but I think it was intentionally not created to be dynamic so that it would play second fiddle to Nas bars, flow, and delivery.

On Fri, I gave the album an 8.5. Yest I gave it an 8.75. Today, I give it a 9.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I'm 1 of the few that actually fukked with the production on NASIR (besides White Label) which felt like a Watch the Throne left over but majority of production just didn't fit for Nas....

You can tell Nas sounded really awkward on certain points of them beats.

That why i tell people that producers like Justus League wouldn't suit Nas for a whole album, few songs would be dope but their production is too over produced for somebody like Nas...but that's just me.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
The more I listen to KD3, I think the production was more on the smoother side to let Nas shine lyrically. Upon first listen, my impression was that Nas lyrics overpowered the production. After listening a few times, the production is good, but I think it was intentionally not created to be dynamic so that it would play second fiddle to Nas bars, flow, and delivery.

On Fri, I gave the album an 8.5. Yest I gave it an 8.75. Today, I give it a 9.
I see exactly what you mean. Nas floats all over this album

With the exception of a few you look at most rappers around his age and they sound
:flabbynsick:

Nas sounds so current and sharp

H.S.

All Star
Daps
We went into a conversation regarding Nas recording process and she talked about the craziness of the Nasir recordings and how frustrated Nas was working with Kanye and how Ye didn’t send Nas the first beat until the WEEK OF the release. She said during the Queensbridge listening event Nas and Kanye were in the back of the car still recording. She implied Nas was NOT happy with the whole fiasco but that Kanye sees Nas as a superhero and told him to his face “You’re NAS! This is light work for you!”

We were getting some GREAT stories about the lead up to KD3 when Coop fell asleep. Like I said I was a little tight because she couldn’t tell who was snoring and ended up kicking Coop AND me out! I had sooooo many other questions I wanted to ask!

:russ: Kanye ain’t shyt for this but if they ever make a Nas biopic this would be a funny ass scene.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Recession sounds like a dirty funk vibe Q Tip would have done.... that baseline is the shyt

I was surprised how much my wife liked this one in particular. I’m paraphrasing but she was like it’s crazy how Nas can still talk about the street shyt we like without pretending he’s still in the streets.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
This album has been on repeat since it dropped. I get a new song stuck in my head every few hours. I took a long ride just to play Get Light 30 times. I’m on Fire is my shyt too. Whole album is crazy, I don’t skip anything on this. This is going to creep into Top 3 Nas albums for me at this rate.

Last edited:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Man, hearing all this stuff about the Nasir fiasco it shows how Kanye really dropped the ball with Nas man.......like Nasir was kinda trash. Kanye shoulda gave Nas those College dropout and Late Registration soul type beats to flow over, but we get some half assed shyt instead.
Hit Boy was right when calling his mental ass out.

Also, does the Nas and Primo album possibly excite me? Yea.....but at the same time, Primo usually does hard joints. Street bangers.
Listening to KD3, could Primo pull of a beat like WTF SMH? Get Light or Legit with all the beat changes? I dont know, those types of beats ain't in Primo's bag or wheelhouse.

It just goes to show you how versatile Hit Boy is......shyt Hit Boy even replicated Primo's style with "Wave Gods......"

what pisses me off was it was a 6 year gap since the last nas release witch was great and you have the audacity to give him basically leftovers, half assed tracks. for the first time since hearing nas, I was disapointed in the way he was rapping and even the lyrics. but givin tha lack of time it was understandable. To me that's his worst album and he still manage to give you bonjour, adam & eve & simple thing. And even worse when you heard daytona, it was clear he didn't put respect on nas' name

My dream for a next nas album would be primo, madlib, large pro, alc and hit boy 3 tracks each. to definitely shut down everything and everyone

Last edited:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: Kanye ain’t shyt for this but if they ever make a Nas biopic this would be a funny ass scene.
I apologize if I am derailing the thread with more Nasir talk, but I recall that at the time the word was the album didn't drop at midnight because Puffy hadn't even recorded his part for "Not for Radio." Puff's vocals always sounded a little off to me so wonder exactly where and how those were recorded.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I apologize if I am derailing the thread with more Nasir talk, but I recall that at the time the word was the album didn't drop at midnight because Puffy hadn't even recorded his part for "Not for Radio." Puff's vocals always sounded a little off to me so wonder exactly where and how those were recorded.

According to ole girl the ALBUM wasn’t done.

Nas rush recorded a lot of that album and there were other songs that got left off because there wasn’t time and they were sticking to the 7 song format. Apparently they were recording up to and AFTER the QB event. The QB event was the first time Nas even saw Kanye in person during the entire process