Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
He asked a few weeks back how people would react if the album was just songs like 27 summers/ spicy

So perhaps the album going to have a strictly modern sound

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He asked a few weeks back how people would react if the album was just songs like 27 summers/ spicy

So perhaps the album going to have a strictly modern sound
As soon as I saw that. I said this album will be more like KD1 than KD2 and Magic. I can feel it. Dude said I gave y'all Illmatic the 2022 version in Magic be grateful lol

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Personally I expect it to be like KD1 and KD2 in sense it will be mix of sounds. Even Magic wasn’t THAT different. Most songs on it wouldn’t be out of place on the first two albums

The one thing I hope we get is the pace Nas was rapping at on Magic more. Most songs on KD1 and KD2, Nas delivery was bit more laid back. Quite a few pauses in verses . Was of course great but Nas on Magic was beastly lyrically

But yeh either way I’m not complaining

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I was wondering if it was the usual thing or if they were trying something experimental on this. You could argue KD 1 was "kinda" experimental in terms of getting him to rock with modern sounds but not sure
Yea I think this one will definitely be modern but lyrically I can see it being elevated even higher than the first 2. I ain’t mad at any direction they decide to go. I have full faith in both of them. Those illmatic only fans are to please in Nas base.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally I expect it to be like KD1 and KD2 in sense it will be mix of sounds. Even Magic wasn’t THAT different. Most songs on it wouldn’t be out of place on the first two albums

The one thing I hope we get is the pace Nas was rapping at on Magic more. Most songs on KD1 and KD2, Nas delivery was bit more laid back. Quite a few pauses in verses . Was of course great but Nas on Magic was beastly lyrically

I think that’s what we will get

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope it's like Magic but with a touch of Magic. Production wise I hope it's more reminiscent of Magic tho.

The KD's are great bodies of work but it's Magic for me all day, in terms of what I'm trying to hear Nas on. The KD's are more worldly, more adult, more a showcase of Nas's music/song making ability (since he got shyt for that for a while...haven't really heard it since). Magic was just some gritty hip hop type shyt from a 50 year old's perspective, I prefer that from son every time. I actually would like an even grittier, dirtier Magic, :ohhh:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
KD2 over Magic for me. I want a modern sounding album with incredibly lyricism, I would like to hear a couple anthems on this album reminiscent of Hate Me Now Made You Look, if there is one slight critique of Nas is that he doesn’t have enough of those type songs.

I think he had a couple type songs on KD1 like 27 Summers and Replace Me which have both been elevated with the right features, Jay on 27 Summers for example and Drake in place of Sean on Replace me.

I wouldn’t mind big features like Drake Andre Kendrick Lamar also, this album is the 3 rd release and should be the most grand and elaborate one out them all, with the right push and moves Nas can still do 100k in 2022.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Whoever running this account is saying a lot of contrary things. :yeshrug:

And weird shyt. Needless shots at Beyonce when her album dropped despite Hit Boy being on there, and lots of endless griefing over what some fans say about Nas on twitter. Who cares man, and for every Nas hater on twitter there's 1-2 Nas Stans so it washes out.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD2 over Magic for me. I want a modern sounding album with incredibly lyricism, I would like to hear a couple anthems on this album reminiscent of Hate Me Now Made You Look, if there is one slight critique of Nas is that he doesn’t have enough of those type songs.

I think he had a couple type songs on KD1 like 27 Summers and Replace Me which have both been elevated with the right features, Jay on 27 Summers for example and Drake in place of Sean on Replace me.

I wouldn’t mind big features like Drake Andre Kendrick Lamar also, this album is the 3 rd release and should be the most grand and elaborate one out them all, with the right push and moves Nas can still do 100k in 2022.
I’m 100% in agree with everything you stated. Exactly how I’m feeling, modern with anthems.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz

It's gonna be a mix of all 3

Budda

Superstar
Daps
And weird shyt. Needless shots at Beyonce when her album dropped despite Hit Boy being on there, and lots of endless griefing over what some fans say about Nas on twitter. Who cares man, and for every Nas hater on twitter there's 1-2 Nas Stans so it washes out.

The person who runs that account is weird, comes across unhinged, don’t want to diss them too much cause seems heart is in right place but hope it’s a lady running that account to make it a bit less weird.

Last edited:

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
I don't mind modern sounds as long as Nas is spitting

27 summers isnt' his most lyrical effort

would love to hear a few more tracks like Count Me In, not necessarily modern but a different sounding beat we don't normally hear Nas over

I'm good with whatever though, Nas improved on each of the first three, excited to see where he takes it from here