Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Khaled album coming August 26th. I can see Nas fitting in on the 19th. He always usually has a song on khaleds album too.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Now that we know Khaled album is dropping on the 26th, I feel like there's only two dates left : this friday which seems unlikely and the 19th. It's kinda convenient that Game is dropping the 12th and Khaled two weeks after cause the 19th is free of a "big" hip-hop release.
If you consider Curtain Call 2 dropping friday then you might cross out that date as well and only the 19th remains.

Anyway we'll have some news soon, if it's not dropping in two weeks then we probably getting it later after his tour with the Wu-Tang.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I've lost all interest in Games album, nygga pushed his shyt back so many times I don't even care about it anymore.

Last edited:

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I've lost all interest in Games, nyggaz pushed his shyt back so many times I don't even care about it anymore.

Agreed. He would have to drop something mind blowing to get a buzz going again. Seems as if everyone is speculating about when KD3 will drop, with Drillmatic not even getting any whispers.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
I don't know much about NBA YoungBoy so I wasn't aware that his new album is also coming friday, he's a big seller so that leaves out that date for KD3 if Nas team is concerned with competition in regards to sales.

The release calendar for hip-hop this month :

August, 5 :
Eminem - Curtain Call 2
NBA YoungBoy - The Last Slimeto

August, 12 :
The Game - Drillmatic
Black Thought & Danger Mouse - Cheat Codes

August, 19 :
Literally nothing.

August, 26 :
DJ Khaled - God Did
Roc Marciano & The Alchemist - The Elephant Man's Bones

The 19th is the most obvious choice for KD3, it's the only date with no release planned on a heavily stacked month.
And since I guess those things are planned in advance maybe KD3 is the reason why no other album seems to be dropping on the 19th.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
London
While that's true I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. Nas worked with Salaam in his prime, and they made seminal records that still matter. The KD and Magic albums are all good-to-great but comparing them to when Nas was in his prime isn't fair. If we had time machines and could see what prime Nas and prime Hit Boy could create in 2001/2002 then we could talk.
I hear you.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know much about NBA YoungBoy so I wasn't aware that his new album is also coming friday, he's a big seller so that leaves out that date for KD3 if Nas team is concerned with competition in regards to sales.

The release calendar for hip-hop this month :

August, 5 :
Eminem - Curtain Call 2
NBA YoungBoy - The Last Slimeto

August, 12 :
The Game - Drillmatic
Black Thought & Danger Mouse - Cheat Codes

August, 19 :
Literally nothing.

August, 26 :
DJ Khaled - God Did
Roc Marciano & The Alchemist - The Elephant Man's Bones

The 19th is the most obvious choice for KD3, it's the only date with no release planned on a heavily stacked month.
And since I guess those things are planned in advance maybe KD3 is the reason why no other album seems to be dropping on the 19th.
19th would be perfect

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Most people know this fan account knows Nas and his circle and gets the info, I dont know if I should be worried though.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Most people know this fan account knows Nas and his circle and gets the info, I dont know if I should be worried though.

I wouldn’t look into it too much. They have had similar post before each release. I think the statement is typically for the illmatic only folks.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I wouldn’t look into it too much. They have had similar post before each release. I think the statement is typically for the illmatic only folks.

Yeah I was wondering if it was the usual thing or if they were trying something experimental on this. You could argue KD 1 was "kinda" experimental in terms of getting him to rock with modern sounds but not sure