Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
That one snippet Hit-Boy had on his IG stories sounded like some Stevie Wonder shyt :wow:

I'm thinking a combo of lush, upbeat soulful stuff mixed with a maybe couple darker sounding beats...whatever the sound is I'm sure it will be dope.
fukk Hit Boy. You know who Nas should be working with in 2022? Salaam Remi. :troll:

(This actually isn't a shot at Salaam. He's a great producer and I feel like he and Nas made some incredible music together.)
I wouldn't be mad at them doing a full album together. A lot of underrated Nas/Salaam songs and the last two songs they did together (Yonder and Find My Love) were heat.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Everyone out here caping for hitboy again :heh:
Kd 1 and 2 had the exact same formula.. I'm not shytting on the albums I'm just saying I want to hear something different. Yeah magic was slightly more gutter but it still had the same sonics and overall sound because the same dude produced it

I don't want to hear 4 albums from the GOAT MC with the same producer on every single one. I already know what kd3 gonna sound like, we've heard it all already. One or two gutter tracks, one or two chick songs, a few generic beats with younger mcs featuring, couple soulful vibes.

We don't even know how many albums nas has left, mix it up now. Mad new producers out there that can put something dope and unique together.

Everyone acting like they want to hear nas and hitboy together till the end of time lol.

KD and KD2 sound nothing alike:childplease:

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Everyone out here caping for hitboy again :heh:
Kd 1 and 2 had the exact same formula.. I'm not shytting on the albums I'm just saying I want to hear something different. Yeah magic was slightly more gutter but it still had the same sonics and overall sound because the same dude produced it

I don't want to hear 4 albums from the GOAT MC with the same producer on every single one. I already know what kd3 gonna sound like, we've heard it all already. One or two gutter tracks, one or two chick songs, a few generic beats with younger mcs featuring, couple soulful vibes.

We don't even know how many albums nas has left, mix it up now. Mad new producers out there that can put something dope and unique together.

Everyone acting like they want to hear nas and hitboy together till the end of time lol.
Stop lyin man. Non of the songs on the two KDz sound the same. The only thing which cld be said has same structure is featuring new artist on the club/commercial record. even the ft Charlie wilson tracks are diffrent. The is not a single track that u'ld say the beat is a generic Hitboy beat.
If these albums came without producer credits yall wldnt say this....:ufdup:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really shouldn't matter if Nas decides to work with Hit-Boy forever or if he decides to “switch it up”. Whatever inspires NAS is what we as fans should be looking forward to. You think Nas hasn’t heard Alchemist, Large Professor, Justice League, Bink, or whoever else you could possibly name production in the past four years? Guess what? Them beats obviously didn’t do shyt to MOVE Nas to pick up his pen. Thats the point. If they ain’t inspiring Nas then why are we whining about him working with them? Large Professor hasn’t had a beat on a Nas album in TWENTY ONE YEARS. You think maybe perhaps that ship might have sailed? That Large Pro just might not have a modern enough sound, or challenging enough production for Nas? Alchemist put out an album with Freddie Gibbs the same year Kings Disease came out. One of then debuted within the top 5 of billboard and won a Grammy and the other debuted at number 15 and didn’t win a Grammy. Ask Nas which was the better choice.

Nas and Hit-Boy obviously have a chemistry and a short hand that has led to a highly successful partnership. You should be wondering why these other producers have seemingly failed to reach that level of musical rapport with Nas more so than you should be expecting Nas to work with them. If the inspiration ain’t there we just gonna get bullshyt. Would you rather have Kings Disease 7 or a turd sandwhich with your dream Alchemist, Large Pro, and Justice League beats? Remember when EVERYBODY thought Nas and Kanye doing an entire album would be an instant unadulterated classic? What happened there? Kanye morphed into Super c00n and ruined the whole thing. THATS what happens when fans get what they THINK they want

This.

I am perfectly ok with Hitboy exclusively producing Nas music. So far, it's been consistently dope. Sure, we all have favorite producers we'd like to hear Nas collaborate with, but outside of a new installment of Lost Tapes, is that something that's feasible at this point? I mean, with HitBoy, he has a producer that can give him a modern sound, something left field, or a throwback sound. Not only that, but it seems like HitBoy inspires him. As long as Nas is inspired, we likely aren't hearing him with another producer unless it's something for someone else's album or compilation.

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That one snippet Hit-Boy had on his IG stories sounded like some Stevie Wonder shyt :wow:

I'm thinking a combo of lush, upbeat soulful stuff mixed with a maybe couple darker sounding beats...whatever the sound is I'm sure it will be dope.

I wouldn't be mad at them doing a full album together. A lot of underrated Nas/Salaam songs and the last two songs they did together (Yonder and Find My Love) were heat.
No idea how I've never heard these, sheesh. That Yonder is so soulful. I gotta check the rest of that Salaam album, the features look crazy.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Stop lyin man. Non of the songs on the two KDz sound the same. The only thing which cld be said has same structure is featuring new artist on the club/commercial record. even the ft Charlie wilson tracks are diffrent. The is not a single track that u'ld say the beat is a generic Hitboy beat.
If these albums came without producer credits yall wldnt say this....:ufdup:
Yea, brehs acting like hitboy is 808mafia or some shyt. He produces a lot of styles. Anyone sitting here saying both albums sound the same when he produced a variety of sounds on one album alone are just looking for something to hate and some reason to say Nas needs to go back to Primo

Last edited: