Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
The funny thing is y’all never say those Alchemist albums sound the exact same which they do. I’m not saying alchemist

im not saying that alchemist isn’t dope but let’s stop acting like alchemist of recent hasn’t had the same redundancy of sounds on albums that he has produced. No drums slow tempo. Y’all are hard on hit boy and hit boy has been providing a variety of heat. If you just prefer the boom bap no modern sound you are better off saying that. By the way I wouldn’t be against a nas and alchemist album.

These are fire though. I listen to them regularly.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh hit boy is so versatile it’s ridiculous. What hit boy did on magic was perfect and the boom bap heads still complain, that just lets me know that they are more concerned about name more so than the product.
Same dudes been begging for Nas and Premo but didn't support Beat Breaks. I listened to that song and yea let's just say I'm happy I'm getting another Nas and Hit-Boy album.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same dudes been begging for Nas and Premo but didn't support Beat Breaks. I listened to that song and yea let's just say I'm happy I'm getting another Nas and Hit-Boy album.
Yea break beats isn’t a bad record. It’s actually pretty solid, but for today nas and hit boy just work. Hit boy so versatile with the production that Nas can branch out and do whatever sound he wants. People still hating on hitboy at this point is crazy.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea break beats isn’t a bad record. It’s actually pretty solid, but for today nas and hit boy just work. Hit boy so versatile with the production that Nas can branch out and do whatever sound he wants. People still hating on hitboy at this point is crazy.
Beat Breaks is just ok.
That song wouldn't of been a standout on KD1, KD2 or Magic. It's Hit-Boy time now lol

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really shouldn't matter if Nas decides to work with Hit-Boy forever or if he decides to “switch it up”. Whatever inspires NAS is what we as fans should be looking forward to. You think Nas hasn’t heard Alchemist, Large Professor, Justice League, Bink, or whoever else you could possibly name production in the past four years? Guess what? Them beats obviously didn’t do shyt to MOVE Nas to pick up his pen. Thats the point. If they ain’t inspiring Nas then why are we whining about him working with them? Large Professor hasn’t had a beat on a Nas album in TWENTY ONE YEARS. You think maybe perhaps that ship might have sailed? That Large Pro just might not have a modern enough sound, or challenging enough production for Nas? Alchemist put out an album with Freddie Gibbs the same year Kings Disease came out. One of then debuted within the top 5 of billboard and won a Grammy and the other debuted at number 15 and didn’t win a Grammy. Ask Nas which was the better choice.

Nas and Hit-Boy obviously have a chemistry and a short hand that has led to a highly successful partnership. You should be wondering why these other producers have seemingly failed to reach that level of musical rapport with Nas more so than you should be expecting Nas to work with them. If the inspiration ain’t there we just gonna get bullshyt. Would you rather have Kings Disease 7 or a turd sandwhich with your dream Alchemist, Large Pro, and Justice League beats? Remember when EVERYBODY thought Nas and Kanye doing an entire album would be an instant unadulterated classic? What happened there? Kanye morphed into Super c00n and ruined the whole thing. THATS what happens when fans get what they THINK they want
Thank You! “Fans think they know what’s best for me more than I know what’s best for me.”- Nas

Budda

Superstar
Daps
The funny thing is y’all never say those Alchemist albums sound the exact same which they do. I’m not saying alchemist

im not saying that alchemist isn’t dope but let’s stop acting like alchemist of recent hasn’t had the same redundancy of sounds on albums that he has produced. No drums slow tempo. Y’all are hard on hit boy and hit boy has been providing a variety of heat. If you just prefer the boom bap no modern sound you are better off saying that. By the way I wouldn’t be against a nas and alchemist album.

I don’t know all about that what I do know is he produced one of the beats of this year with the Benny Cole track.