Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I love the Hit Boy connection but there's still a laundry list of albums I'd like to hear from Las and a handful of producers I'd like to see a while album with

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I love the Hit Boy connection but there's still a laundry list of albums I'd like to hear from Las and a handful of producers I'd like to see a while album with
Like who…we got Nas and large pro, we got Nas and Kanye, Nas and primo, we got Nas and just about everybody, including Dre and others…..

for the first time tho we are getting Nas with his own custom chosen beat crafter… it’s why the albums been so dope and organic…. so idk, if the ship floatin’ ride the waves

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know all about that what I do know is he produced one of the beats of this year with the Benny Cole track.
I agree that song is fire! I’m not saying alchemist wouldn’t give Nas no fire, but we can’t act like sometimes his beats can’t get repetitive.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
fukk Hit Boy. You know who Nas should be working with in 2022? Salaam Remi. :troll:

(This actually isn't a shot at Salaam. He's a great producer and I feel like he and Nas made some incredible music together.)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s focus on the project that we know is coming in August. Kings Disease 3. Everyone expecting the 19th to be the day? We think promo going to start next week? What type of sound we think we getting?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Let’s focus on the project that we know is coming in August. Kings Disease 3. Everyone expecting the 19th to be the day? We think promo going to start next week? What type of sound we think we getting?

I’m 98% sure its going to be the 19th.

As far as sound i’m thinking something more grandiose and celebratory

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m 98% sure its going to be the 19th.

As far as sound i’m thinking something more grandiose and celebratory
That’s what I was thinking too and I won’t be mad at it. Nas is in such a dope space, I expect this to be a real fire summer album that can be played in every setting.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing is y’all never say those Alchemist albums sound the exact same which they do. I’m not saying alchemist

im not saying that alchemist isn’t dope but let’s stop acting like alchemist of recent hasn’t had the same redundancy of sounds on albums that he has produced. No drums slow tempo. Y’all are hard on hit boy and hit boy has been providing a variety of heat. If you just prefer the boom bap no modern sound you are better off saying that. By the way I wouldn’t be against a nas and alchemist album.
Alchemist isn't going to give the same beats he gives to Boldy James to Nas. The rappers Alch predominantly works with right now have slower more methodical flows. Boldy, Spitta, Roc Marci, Griselda....none of them rap like Nas pace wise. I think good producers know that the worse Nas tracks tend to be the lower tempo/BPM ones with slow drums (Blunt Ashes for instance), so they avoid giving him that stuff.

I just feel like 4 albums with the same guy is enough. A trilogy plus an off shoot (Magic)...the natural inclination would be to try new things. And my preference would def be to get one more album with multiple producers.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alchemist isn't going to give the same beats he gives to Boldy James to Nas. The rappers Alch predominantly works with right now have slower more methodical flows. Boldy, Spitta, Roc Marci, Griselda....none of them rap like Nas pace wise. I think good producers know that the worse Nas tracks tend to be the lower tempo/BPM ones with slow drums (Blunt Ashes for instance), so they avoid giving him that stuff.

I just feel like 4 albums with the same guy is enough. A trilogy plus an off shoot (Magic)...the natural inclination would be to try new things. And my preference would def be to get one more album with multiple producers.
Welp for now kd3 is on the table and we will see what comes after. For now I’m focusing on the fire Nas and Hit Boy are about to provide us again.