Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Yeah for real. Everyone gets in their feelings when someone has this opinion and I dont understand why. This run is cool and all but I dont want to hear the same formula over and over again.

I get that a lot of people like the more modern style of beats .. but imo a some of those beats will sound dated and generic in a few years. This goes with most "modern" production not just Hit Boys.

I want to hear him on an ALC album just one time. I used to say madlib but tbh, I think madlib shyt is too left field these days for Nas. Alc can bring that smooth clean gangsta production.

Yea that would be good

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Didn't say those tracks are not dope, there's just nothing "friendly" on Magic, that's the only difference in style I see between the kd series and the most recent one.

People really need to handle other opinions than their own a bit better

Didn't mean to imply you did so my bad if I did so

KD1 is the most modern, pop friendly album of the series. But it was done well in a way that suit Nas and didn't feel forced at all

KD2 had more of a soulful throwback vibe than KD1 with a few obvious exceptions

Magic felt like a tribute to 1997-2002 production styles. Like, 40-16 made me think of a Terror Squad or Roc beat Just Blaze would have made in 2000. Wu For The Children sound like a 2000 RZA beat. Speechless sound like Puff and the Hitmen from 1997.

My hope for KD3 especially if the last in the KD series is that it's longer, 20-24 tracks and contains one "disc" that's more along the lines of Magic and another that's more modern but we'll see, I know they will come correct on this this one

Budda

Superstar
Daps
We need to hear another collaboration with Nas and Alchemist again, if Hit boy and Nas do another project after KD3 would be good to see the likes of ALC Madlib Metro Boomin, Zaytoven Large Pro producing on the project too.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone out here caping for hitboy again :heh:
Kd 1 and 2 had the exact same formula.. I'm not shytting on the albums I'm just saying I want to hear something different. Yeah magic was slightly more gutter but it still had the same sonics and overall sound because the same dude produced it

I don't want to hear 4 albums from the GOAT MC with the same producer on every single one. I already know what kd3 gonna sound like, we've heard it all already. One or two gutter tracks, one or two chick songs, a few generic beats with younger mcs featuring, couple soulful vibes.

We don't even know how many albums nas has left, mix it up now. Mad new producers out there that can put something dope and unique together.

Everyone acting like they want to hear nas and hitboy together till the end of time lol.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kd 1 and 2 had the exact same formula.. I'm not shytting on the albums I'm just saying I want to hear something different. Yeah magic was slightly more gutter but it still had the same sonics and overall sound because the same dude produced it

I don't want to hear 4 albums from the GOAT MC with the same producer on every single one. I already know what kd3 gonna sound like, we've heard it all already. One or two gutter tracks, one or two chick songs, a few generic beats with younger mcs featuring, couple soulful vibes.

We don't even know how many albums nas has left, mix it up now. Mad new producers out there that can put something dope and unique together.

Everyone acting like they want to hear nas and hitboy together till the end of time lol.
yea i don't want to hear another nas and hit boy album

magic should of been called kings disease 3

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It really shouldn't matter if Nas decides to work with Hit-Boy forever or if he decides to “switch it up”. Whatever inspires NAS is what we as fans should be looking forward to. You think Nas hasn’t heard Alchemist, Large Professor, Justice League, Bink, or whoever else you could possibly name production in the past four years? Guess what? Them beats obviously didn’t do shyt to MOVE Nas to pick up his pen. Thats the point. If they ain’t inspiring Nas then why are we whining about him working with them? Large Professor hasn’t had a beat on a Nas album in TWENTY ONE YEARS. You think maybe perhaps that ship might have sailed? That Large Pro just might not have a modern enough sound, or challenging enough production for Nas? Alchemist put out an album with Freddie Gibbs the same year Kings Disease came out. One of then debuted within the top 5 of billboard and won a Grammy and the other debuted at number 15 and didn’t win a Grammy. Ask Nas which was the better choice.

Nas and Hit-Boy obviously have a chemistry and a short hand that has led to a highly successful partnership. You should be wondering why these other producers have seemingly failed to reach that level of musical rapport with Nas more so than you should be expecting Nas to work with them. If the inspiration ain’t there we just gonna get bullshyt. Would you rather have Kings Disease 7 or a turd sandwhich with your dream Alchemist, Large Pro, and Justice League beats? Remember when EVERYBODY thought Nas and Kanye doing an entire album would be an instant unadulterated classic? What happened there? Kanye morphed into Super c00n and ruined the whole thing. THATS what happens when fans get what they THINK they want

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t agree at all with all the Nas hitboy albums sounding the same

KD2 and Magic couldn’t be more different

Magic is some winter time hoodies n tims grimy sh1t

KD2 is a soulful summertime album

Both great albums just different

KD1 I thought was ok but not touching the last 2

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don't agree with this at all.
All 3 albums sound completely different
Hit-Boy versatility is crazy. This new Game freestyle if you told me it wasn't a Hit-Boy beat I would've guessed it was a Havoc beat. Pissed off Nas ain't get that beat but that's another story. Whatever you want he can make. Gave Nas some Boom Bap, just gave Beyonce a House/Dance song and even has a Drill song he did for himself that has its own twist to it with Corsa and they all sound good. I hope Nas stays with him.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need to hear another collaboration with Nas and Alchemist again, if Hit boy and Nas do another project after KD3 would be good to see the likes of ALC Madlib Metro Boomin, Zaytoven Large Pro producing on the project too.
The funny thing is y’all never say those Alchemist albums sound the exact same which they do. I’m not saying alchemist
Yea that would be good

im not saying that alchemist isn’t dope but let’s stop acting like alchemist of recent hasn’t had the same redundancy of sounds on albums that he has produced. No drums slow tempo. Y’all are hard on hit boy and hit boy has been providing a variety of heat. If you just prefer the boom bap no modern sound you are better off saying that. By the way I wouldn’t be against a nas and alchemist album.

Daps
It really shouldn't matter if Nas decides to work with Hit-Boy forever or if he decides to “switch it up”. Whatever inspires NAS is what we as fans should be looking forward to. You think Nas hasn’t heard Alchemist, Large Professor, Justice League, Bink, or whoever else you could possibly name production in the past four years? Guess what? Them beats obviously didn’t do shyt to MOVE Nas to pick up his pen. Thats the point. If they ain’t inspiring Nas then why are we whining about him working with them? Large Professor hasn’t had a beat on a Nas album in TWENTY ONE YEARS. You think maybe perhaps that ship might have sailed? That Large Pro just might not have a modern enough sound, or challenging enough production for Nas? Alchemist put out an album with Freddie Gibbs the same year Kings Disease came out. One of then debuted within the top 5 of billboard and won a Grammy and the other debuted at number 15 and didn’t win a Grammy. Ask Nas which was the better choice.

Nas and Hit-Boy obviously have a chemistry and a short hand that has led to a highly successful partnership. You should be wondering why these other producers have seemingly failed to reach that level of musical rapport with Nas more so than you should be expecting Nas to work with them. If the inspiration ain’t there we just gonna get bullshyt. Would you rather have Kings Disease 7 or a turd sandwhich with your dream Alchemist, Large Pro, and Justice League beats? Remember when EVERYBODY thought Nas and Kanye doing an entire album would be an instant unadulterated classic? What happened there? Kanye morphed into Super c00n and ruined the whole thing. THATS what happens when fans get what they THINK they want

Hard to break it down for folks who don't grasp the creative process... .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Hit boy restored Dom and he giving Nas new life, he’s earned my listens :yeshrug:

Hope he does KD4 and 5 just to make y’all madder 😡

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't agree with this at all.
All 3 albums sound completely different
Hit-Boy versatility is crazy. This new Game freestyle if you told me it wasn't a Hit-Boy beat I would've guessed it was a Havoc beat. Pissed off Nas ain't get that beat but that's another story. Whatever you want he can make. Gave Nas some Boom Bap, just gave Beyonce a House/Dance song and even has a Drill song he did for himself that has its own twist to it with Corsa and they all sound good. I hope Nas stays with him.
Bruh hit boy is so versatile it’s ridiculous. What hit boy did on magic was perfect and the boom bap heads still complain, that just lets me know that they are more concerned about name more so than the product.