Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nas got it right now. This run has been incredible. Thankful that my favorite MCs still clashing at the top. But right now?
Nas got it.
I don't know how anyone really catches up. Jay seems like he's the only one that could have a shot at being in a debate. But I feel like Nas would have to stop making music, and Jay would have to drop at least 2 (if not 3) albums that would both have to be extremely high quality.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
one thing that I do hope comes from this run with hitboy and all the attention he hopefully gets from it is that we can change the narrative that you can’t age gracefully in rap like you can in other genres …I hate seeing artist that clearly are still competent at doing this rhyming shyt get discouraged or put out half hearted efforts because they feel like it’s a young man’s game … nikkas need to keep pushing and just incorporate some of that young energy into what they do like Nas did linking with Hit

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This. He's unbelievably robotic
Rome Streetz kind of exposed Ran a little bit on their duo project last year, I think. Rome had a lot more energy and charisma. Some of Ran's verses on there sounded really flat to me. Like I said, I still am a Ransom fan for sure. But yeah.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
one thing that I do hope comes from this run with hitboy and all the attention he hopefully gets from it is that we can change the narrative that you can’t age gracefully in rap like you can in other genres …I hate seeing artist that clearly are still competent at doing this rhyming shyt get discouraged or put out half hearted efforts because they feel like it’s a young man’s game … nikkas need to keep pushing and just incorporate some of that young energy into what they do like Nas did linking with Hit
Couldn't agree more.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I mean I tthink I might rank them in that order. I think the best Nas and Preemo songs are better than the best Nas and Hit-Boy songs. Like I'd still probably take Nas Is Like, Memory Lane, NY State, and 2nd Childhood over a lot of Nas and Hit songs. But Nas and Hit have made so much magic together that I'm comfortable putting them in the top slot. The chemistry is undeniable.

If I could only take 3 or 4 Nas albums on an island, at least one of the Nas and Hit albums would be on the list.

I definitely have Pete and Nas at the bottom. I love The World Is Yours as much as anyone, but that's basically they're only song. I know they have 2 on Lost Tapes 2, but QB Politics was the main one I liked on there. If we were in 1998 I might rather have a Nas/Pete album than a Nas/Preem album, but we missed the boat on that.

I know that was a long ass answer. But yeah that might be my order right there.

You?
"Take advantage of your youth before you're elderly, cus the day is as young as you will ever be"
with that line, Hitboy and nas shot right up to no.1. I understand how significant Nas an Preemo are together, but im still quite young (28) and seeing/experiencing Nas in real time (something im grateful for) has hitboy and nas solidly, solidly at the top. For the record, I have pete rock in that list cus The world is yours is actually how I found Nas.
and dw bout the long answer lol, more thoughts typed out the better as far as im concerned.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Who the fukk cares. It’s 2022. For the life of me why would anyone expect a legend artist that debuted in fukkin1994 to have a hit record in 2022.

The album will be acclaimed by critics and more importantly his peers. And most importantly by fans.

He’ll eat off vinyl and merch

Right? I'm just glad Nas is alive, and that he gives a fukk bout rap enough to go this hard still

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
First time has me in tears man. I can recall the first time I heard nas, playing THUG. I legit looked at the song, looked for the album and took a bus straight into the vinyl/CD shop to go ask about this album. It was hanging up on the wall, dude played it for me and I was in awe.
Nas now is still as good today as he was then. This is unreal