Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Who the fukk cares. It’s 2022. For the life of me why would anyone expect a legend artist that debuted in fukkin1994 to have a hit record in 2022.

The album will be acclaimed by critics and more importantly his peers. And most importantly by fans.

He’ll eat off vinyl and merch
LilGator, LilBape, and CrimsonTider like trolling Nas fans for attention so it's just a waste of time to engage anything they say in good faith.

Daps
I thought it was also was pretty dope how Nas addresses the question about his Islamic affiliations on here too, cuz for people who are familiar with or run in those type of circles, that's always been a topic of discussion.

As was mentioned before, seems he got very confortable about opening up more regarding the talk and gossip around some of the moves he has and hasn't made in his life.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I am PROUD to say that Hip Hop has produced an artist of Nas caliber.

He’s not only the GOAT rapper but amongst the most important ARTISTS in contemporary music.

And he never took the easy way out. He could have gotten with Alchemist and all the dusties and white boys would have creamed their pants rolled out the red carpet (ya’ll KNOW its true) but instead he went and tapped a young BLACK producer, one who was mostly known as a “trap” producer, and knocked out four BEAUTIFUL albums with songs like Ultra Black, Til The War Is Won, Rare, Nas Is Good, Dedicated, and now Michael & Quincy, Beef and Don’t Shoot

He reformed the muthafukking FIRM! He reached back and got Brucie B, EPMD, Premo, and gave us collabs we never knew we needed or wanted like Fivio Foreign, ASAP Rocky, Lil Durk, and Anderson.Paak

He WOKE UP LAURYN fukkING HILL!

Its an incredible time to be a hip hop fan, and Nas has been at the forefront of the culture all this time. Directing documentaries, opening museums, producing tv shows, ALL DEDICATED TO THE CULTURE!

GOAT shyt

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Where do u rank this pairing of the three?

Hitboy/Nas
Premier/Nas
Pete Rock/Nas
I mean I tthink I might rank them in that order. I think the best Nas and Preemo songs are better than the best Nas and Hit-Boy songs. Like I'd still probably take Nas Is Like, Memory Lane, NY State, and 2nd Childhood over a lot of Nas and Hit songs. But Nas and Hit have made so much magic together that I'm comfortable putting them in the top slot. The chemistry is undeniable.

If I could only take 3 or 4 Nas albums on an island, at least one of the Nas and Hit albums would be on the list.

I definitely have Pete and Nas at the bottom. I love The World Is Yours as much as anyone, but that's basically they're only song. I know they have 2 on Lost Tapes 2, but QB Politics was the main one I liked on there. If we were in 1998 I might rather have a Nas/Pete album than a Nas/Preem album, but we missed the boat on that.

I know that was a long ass answer. But yeah that might be my order right there.

You?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
KD3_LITHO_640x.jpg

KD3_TAPEAB_1100x.jpg

Fire.
Kinda reminds me of the Elephant Man's Bones cover but made out of gold

FY183IVWIAEB112

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Midway through my second listen. Still would rank KD 2 over this but this fire too. One thing about the sequencing and the mixing of the album is that I wish there'd be more breathing room. A lot of the songs bleed into each other to the point where it has more of a mixtape feel. Also I think the beats crowd out the vocals a bit but it might think differently when I hear it in another system. On my first listen I felt nas was trying to pack too many words in a bar but off second listen I feel like he sound more on-beat then on my previous listen.
Yeah this album definitely has a playlist feel to it. Not mad at it though because there's no time to even breathe. So much energy on the album and nthoing overstays its welcome. It's a long album by today's standards but it breezes by.

But yeah if I were to nitpick, the sequence doesn't have much breathing room and it does in some ways sound more like a mixtape or a playlist. Or even a greatest hits sort of album.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
"Couldn't be the loser taking Gatorade out the cooler"
:mjlol:

Finally somebody calling That Guy out. Everybody who played ball or practiced anything outside knew the guy who just shows up to stretch and steal shyt out the cooler. Watch everybody from the bleachers. I don't care if it's just a bottle of water, leave that shyt alone if you not putting in work lmao

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Wouldnt that mean that as a fan or someone mimicking him like you say…he probably holds him to a higher regard than just acting like everything Nas drops is classic? Nas was rapping on all of these drops but theres a difference between the last two than the first two. He sounds waaaay more comfortable and more than anything…energized and engaged on these last two.

Clones don't have room to talk, there's critique and there are backhanded compliments, Ransoms tweet falls into the latter.

No room to talk when your whole style is 22 yr old Nas.