Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will come off as being negative.
(Which I'm not trying to be)

But I hope KD3 is the end of Nas and Hit-Boy's run. I've really appreciated the work they've been able to produce, so far Nas and Hit are 3 for 3. But from a career standpoint this has been the longest Nas has ever stuck with one theme for an album(s) if Nas keeps going forward with this Kings Disease (Series) theme after a while it'll water down the body of work and it'll start feeling like a mixtape series instead of a body of work. Kings Disease doesn't need to turn into The Carter.
Yeah for real. Everyone gets in their feelings when someone has this opinion and I dont understand why. This run is cool and all but I dont want to hear the same formula over and over again.

I get that a lot of people like the more modern style of beats .. but imo a some of those beats will sound dated and generic in a few years. This goes with most "modern" production not just Hit Boys.

I want to hear him on an ALC album just one time. I used to say madlib but tbh, I think madlib shyt is too left field these days for Nas. Alc can bring that smooth clean gangsta production.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
If it's true Baby is dropping in August he's def gonna dominate the month, but I don't think that has any impact on when Nas drops. Also I'm starting to think Nas drops before Game which will be hilarious.

Game is supposed to dropping August 12th. You thinking Nas will drop next week or that Game will push his album back again?

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah for real. Everyone gets in their feelings when someone has this opinion and I dont understand why. This run is cool and all but I dont want to hear the same formula over and over again.

I get that a lot of people like the more modern style of beats .. but imo a some of those beats will sound dated and generic in a few years. This goes with most "modern" production not just Hit Boys.

I want to hear him on an ALC album just one time. I used to say madlib but tbh, I think madlib shyt is too left field these days for Nas. Alc can bring that smooth clean gangsta production.
Oh lord

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the real, I like Nas on any track as long as he is spittin'. I love when Nas be spittin' over a moody beat on some introspective shyt. My favorite Nas shyt is always going to be that older classic shyt, but I know that he will still drop classic songs now. I'm good with that.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What formula are we talking about here? King's Disease, King's Disease II, and Magic all sound completely different from each other. And I'm pretty sure King's Disease III is going to sound completely different, too.
They don’t know. They are making it up. You are exactly right. None of them sound the same. We go through the same talking points every time nas about drop something

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This will come off as being negative.
(Which I'm not trying to be)

But I hope KD3 is the end of Nas and Hit-Boy's run. I've really appreciated the work they've been able to produce, so far Nas and Hit are 3 for 3. But from a career standpoint this has been the longest Nas has ever stuck with one theme for an album(s) if Nas keeps going forward with this Kings Disease (Series) theme after a while it'll water down the body of work and it'll start feeling like a mixtape series instead of a body of work. Kings Disease doesn't need to turn into The Carter.

Agreed. Whether the album is great or a full blown classic, a four album run is more than enough for anyone. I def want to see another direction. Not to say they should never work again obviously. I'd like to get at least one more album that features producers. Yes I want Alchemist on there. Would love a return of 40 and Boi1da. In terms of new producers I still think Cardo would give Nas some heat. Tyler The Creator would give Nas some dope shyt. 88-Keys.

Last edited:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don’t know. They are making it up. You are exactly right. None of them sound the same. We go through the same talking points every time nas about drop something
What's No phoney love, Brunch on Sundays, All bad, Replace me on Magic ???

Assume that's what he means, Magic has no what some would consider "fat"

It's not about sounding the same it's about certain type of tracks...

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm giving u No Phoney Love but it ain't nothing wrong with Brunch on Sunday, Replace Me or All Bad. Quality music right there.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

Those all good songs though

There's a segment of Nas fans who only wanna hear about the gun inside his bad hand he sliced trying to bag grams but that don't mean he can't or shouldn't rap about anything else

Magic remind me a ton of the first Lost Tapes, it's an instant classic but it's never gonna reach an audience outside the diehard core. So yhe should drop those projects time to time but he got other lanes he's good in and plenty fans appreciate those tracks

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't say those tracks are not dope, there's just nothing "friendly" on Magic, that's the only difference in style I see between the kd series and the most recent one.

People really need to handle other opinions than their own a bit better