Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
You could tell Nas and Hit Boy actually became good friends through this process. You can see them in the studio, just zoning out, having fun recording. Having a drink, smokin a bit gettin in that zone bouncing ideas off each other. They also hangout outside the studio too.

Nas seems happy right now in life. That divorce shyt with Kelis is over, his kids are grown, and Nas got the money and status to basically do whatever he wants and it shows that he's in a good space.

As he says on WTF SMH, "Might hop on a jet to Japan, just to eat some sushi, if customs let me in....."

Nas just in that part of his life where the bullshyt is over and he is free.

Having money and being devoid of female drama in one's life does wonders for a man......

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohlawd: Salute to both Hit-Boy and Nas!

Michael & Quincy has a similar pace to Shootouts on It Was Written.
Was JUST listening to this song thinking the same thing. I gotta give Hit credit for giving a modern IWW vibe, and then slapping us with that beat change.

The whole run of Thun, Michael & Quincy, 30, and Hood2Hood is like a perfect take on modern mafioso. Hood2Hood gave me Scarface theme song vibes. Hit was in a zone coming up with these, and Nas somehow found another wind not sounding like someone about to turn 50 :blessed:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“When you see me at awards or a popular place I see chains shinin I want a stocking over my face”

:banderas::ohlawd:
Smh at this gif not accompanying that quote :scusthov:

boxden-ski-mask.gif