Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

yourgod

Pro
Daps
Gave the album 2 spins so far, the chemistry and growth between these two are amazing. Glad Hit Boy lit a fire under my favorite rapper of all time. Im in the same boat as some of you tho as far as production still, the beats arent flat and thin to me like how they were on KD1 but hit boys beats still don't wow me. I think Nas has been outshining hitboy since KD2 but now its just glaring, he's dancing in and out pockets, switching flows shyts wild.

Maybe its not so much the production not having a wow factor but Nas just having that much confidence and being completely at home with what hitboy has been creating. Even on the last half of Reminisce, I could easily hear Nas going back and forth with Fivio on that. In this latter half of his career this might be the pinnacle of his rapping, dood is just that nice! Recession Proof and First Time are my favs so far, first time is vintage nas and he's channeling g rap on recession proof.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've never heard Nas have this much fun and sound so comfortable on an album. You can tell he just enjoying life and really enjoyed making this album.

Get Light is
NE87.gif

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said I wouldn't be okay with it. I'd love to hear it. I just think for me personally, given how I've reacted to Preem's newer music...I'd rather have an EP than a full LP. But would I turn down a full LP? Absolutely not. I also don't think anyone should ho into it scared. I'm not sure where that part came from. I don't see why they'd go into it scared or nervous, because every song they've ever made has been dope.

What would I think about Madlib or Alc? I mean I still think Hit is going to have better chemistry with Nas than anyone, but I'd enjoy hearing those. I'd probably be more interested in a little something with Alc, just because they have an extensive history already, and release a song as recently as last month. I thought The Sickness with Madlib was dope though.

Nas can do whatever he wants. I'm here for it.

I meant scared by you saying it should only be an EP. I think Primo would go into it differently given the stakes and be able to do more than 5 songs.

I don’t know why people keep saying they’ve been “teasing” a joint album for all these years when thats not the case. Its been what stuck in the 90’s fans have wanted but literally Nas has NEVER publicly said before KD3 dropped that a Nas/Premier album was a possibility. He’s always either been coy about it or he flat out denied it. Even in the Scratch Magazine cover issue (which I own) Nas specifically said he’s looking to get multiple producers on his next project (which ended up being Hip Hop Is Dead)

Primo from 2011 time stamped:

Primo from 2013 time stamped:

Again in 2014:
This is what Nas told me recently and every time that we talk this is what he tells me; he says, "Look, I got another new album I got to do on Def Jam and then my contract is over. I'd rather do your album...that's because we can do whatever we want. There's no strings. We can just rock out." Everybody's like, "When are ya'll gonna do an album?" I'm not rushing it and I have other things to do. I don't even take it personal when he's like, "Yo, I'm working this first." Whenever he says that he's ready, I'm going in. So, that was always my way of looking at it. I never looked at it no other way. I ain't trippin.'

Nas out of his own mouth in a 2008 MTV interview:
"I want to do an all-Dr. Dre album," he told MTV News. "A whole thing with Dre and a whole thing with Premier, and drop 'em on the same day. That's the real thing. All right, I said it. That's what I really wanna do.

"I'm doing my dream," he continued. "If you could, wouldn't you do it? What else would you do? Every time I do something, it's, 'Oh, he's doing it because this and that.' Since my first album, everybody has an explanation of why. What am I supposed to be doing here? So I wanna drop the Dre album and the Premier album on the same day. That's what I'm thinking."

It's not just "stuck in the 90's" fans asking for something because they want that old thing back. If that was the case people would've been asking for a Nas album with either Extra P, Pete, RZA, Havoc, Q Tip, or anyone great producer from that era. People keep asking for Nas/Premier because they're the ones who kept teasing it all these years. Nas just teased it now so don't get mad when people bring it up from here on out. This is never going away until they officially announce it or flat out deny it.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Jesus Christ. Sometimes I understand why Nas stans get clowned on so much. If you say anything he does is less than perfect y'all start acting all sassy and shyt:hhh:

Even just saying the beats are good not great got y'all emotional:scust:

People have their own tastes and preferences. Deal with it.
Yeah nothing you said was out of line at all.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
this def feels like their most collaborative album.
like these would be Nas would pick for other albums.. actually, it kind of reminds me of Life Is Good

Thun to Serious (Interlude) is a fantastic run of songs

Hood2Hood, Reminisce, Get Light early favorites

Cole going to cry when he hears him pick Kendrick over him for that First Time song

if somebody told me in 2003 that in 2022, Nas, Jim Jones and Styles P would be the most consistent old heads from the city I would've laughed.