Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Oville

Pro
Daps
Midway through my second listen. Still would rank KD 2 over this but this fire too. One thing about the sequencing and the mixing of the album is that I wish there'd be more breathing room. A lot of the songs bleed into each other to the point where it has more of a mixtape feel. Also I think the beats crowd out the vocals a bit but it might think differently when I hear it in another system. On my first listen I felt nas was trying to pack too many words in a bar but off second listen I feel like he sound more on-beat then on my previous listen.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got to Get Light :banderas:

headphones-wow.gif

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont' have much time to post anymore. But i always log on here for a Nas release. And find time to read every comment - salute to you all.

Nas is second to Pac and Pac only at this point. With that said, the anticipation when Nas drops is matched by none.

YET. He still exceeded my expectations. I don't know how. Cant say more than that.

Nas a funny dude:

I'm on a yacht, old smash with a newer body

You probably heard somebody say that I pick bad beats.... But I pick bad freaks

King's Disease I'm still poppin these young things / Got me thinkin like Amerie, its this one thing

10 years ago Nas told us not to applaud him, hes exhausted lol.

The god having fun.

Nas also said...aunties and mama's now it's they daughter's turn. He must've caught a second wind.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
That's shockingly close to my order. I"d have to think about it because he's got such a large body of work, but damn that might actually be my exact order. If I was allowed to put Lost Tapes on there I'd have it at the #2 slot under Illmatic. Not sure where I'd put Lost Tapes 2 if it could go on the list. But with what you got on there that's basically my list. I might swap LIG and GS on your list, but that'd be the only change.

I think that's unfair to put compilation album since they are basically best of in their approach. But if I had to put it it would be right after iww. And lt2 just before hip hop is dead.

The album I always have trouble ranking is I am. The highs are very highs but the lows are very low. Same for Vol 1 for Jay. Albums like KD1 or life is Good are way more consistant but don't have these highs. But f*ck it. I prefer no skip albums.

I'm shocked myself to put life is good so low. He got 9 next to flawless albums. That's how crazy his disco his

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Midway through my second listen. Still would rank KD 2 over this but this fire too. One thing about the sequencing and the mixing of the album is that I wish there'd be more breathing room. A lot of the songs bleed into each other to the point where it has more of a mixtape feel. Also I think the beats crowd out the vocals a bit but it might think differently when I hear it in another system. On my first listen I felt nas was trying to pack too many words in a bar but off second listen I feel like he sound more on-beat then on my previous listen.
No way in hell. Lol.