Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Jay, Nas, Cube etc., all have had a few wack albums at some point in their careers.
No elite emcee has made songs like Fack, Heat, Big Weenie, Rain Man, Offended, etc. The latter half of Em's career is a massive cringe fest that you'd be embarrassed to play in the car with anyone else in it. Revival is legitimately one of the worst hip-hop albums of all time. Music to be Murdered by 2 is awful. Recovery is pretty bad and has aged poorly. And shyt I actually kinda like Relapse but a lot of people despise that one too. Encore is mostly awful.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
One thing that really helps with this is hitboys varied and nuanced production. Beat switches etc
Also the track lengths. My friend this morning was telling me the track sequence doesn't even necessarily make a lot of sense (and I agree) but that it doesn't have to, because every song is a gem and no song is so long where you get tired of it. The track lengths are brief and hit hard.

This album sounds like a playlist or even a greatest hits collection of songs you never heard before. I mean those things as a compliment too.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Off first listen, I think Nas delivery & vocals are stronger on this than KD1, KD2 and Magic

I like the production on the last 3 projects better than this

This is a consistent album...whereas KD2 was more like a crescendo

Solid 8.5/10 album...and I say that objectively

Will have to go back and dissect the bars on my next listening sessions

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only 10 songs in so far. Just had Deja vu.
In my dream I remember being hyped about something, and then my coworker called me.

Then it just happened.
11-11

Nas needs his own holiday. When you reach legendary status like this the game should celebrate you every year.

I'm at work so I'm going to do 4 songs at a time. First Time reminds exactly how I felt first listening to this. :ahh:

Last edited: