Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
We won't know how it'll sound until they actually get in the studio and lock in. It's a lot more focus going into an album than if they just do a song here and there. They're going to both give it their all. An EP isn't enough when they've been teasing this for 20 years. If it's for the people who have been asking for this give them a full album so they don't feel cheated. Why go into it scared? Nas and Primo always fit.

The fact that Nas hinted at doing it means he's open to working with someone other than Hit Boy.

Would you be okay with someone who is still working at a high level like Alchemist or Madlib?
I never said I wouldn't be okay with it. I'd love to hear it. I just think for me personally, given how I've reacted to Preem's newer music...I'd rather have an EP than a full LP. But would I turn down a full LP? Absolutely not. I also don't think anyone should ho into it scared. I'm not sure where that part came from. I don't see why they'd go into it scared or nervous, because every song they've ever made has been dope.

What would I think about Madlib or Alc? I mean I still think Hit is going to have better chemistry with Nas than anyone, but I'd enjoy hearing those. I'd probably be more interested in a little something with Alc, just because they have an extensive history already, and release a song as recently as last month. I thought The Sickness with Madlib was dope though.

Nas can do whatever he wants. I'm here for it.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
nikkas talkin bout they sound “thin” in here. Lol. shyt crazy. Then be cool with “Wu Is For The Children” while dope is just a drumless loop for the most part.
Its about how you chop up a loop that gives a song depth not how many elements are in it WFTC is fire and better than most the beats on this bum for sure :yeshrug:

you can execute depth in simplicity on one track just by the sample choice alone but still not capture that precision on others that may have a few more sounds …it’s ok bro.. I know you want this to be an instant greatest audio recording of all time lol but you can’t force universal acclaim you have to let it come organically …it will feel less earned any other way

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Its about how you chop up a loop that gives a song depth not how many elements are in it WFTV is fire and better than most the beats on this bum for sure :yeshrug:

you can execute depth in simplicity on one track but still not capture that precision on others that may have a few more sounds …it’s ok bro.. I know you want this to be an instant greatest audio recording of all time lol but you can’t force universal acclaim you have to let it come organically …it will feel less earned any other way
Son I’m a producer. Lol.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dusty/old-heads are in shambles from all this KD3, Nas & Hitboy love.

I’m a dusty old boom bap head and I love KD2 Magic and this album

Hell the boom bar heads complained about Magic

Some people complain just to complain. They won’t be satisfied unless he recreates 30 year old albums

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
We won't know how it'll sound until they actually get in the studio and lock in. It's a lot more focus going into an album than if they just do a song here and there. They're going to both give it their all. An EP isn't enough when they've been teasing this for 20 years. If it's for the people who have been asking for this give them a full album so they don't feel cheated. Why go into it scared? Nas and Primo always fit.

The fact that Nas hinted at doing it means he's open to working with someone other than Hit Boy.

Would you be okay with someone who is still working at a high level like Alchemist or Madlib?

I don’t know why people keep saying they’ve been “teasing” a joint album for all these years when thats not the case. Its been what stuck in the 90’s fans have wanted but literally Nas has NEVER publicly said before KD3 dropped that a Nas/Premier album was a possibility. He’s always either been coy about it or he flat out denied it. Even in the Scratch Magazine cover issue (which I own) Nas specifically said he’s looking to get multiple producers on his next project (which ended up being Hip Hop Is Dead)

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy-downsized.gif
He did say the Preem album might happen so hopefully he's not on that type of time at all.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Correct Wu For The Children is dope. But the production on KD3 is just special. So the nitpicking about beats & mixing is just people really can’t talk shyt negative about this album. They just have to complain about something.
Jesus Christ. Sometimes I understand why Nas stans get clowned on so much. If you say anything he does is less than perfect y'all start acting all sassy and shyt:hhh:

Even just saying the beats are good not great got y'all emotional:scust:

People have their own tastes and preferences. Deal with it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yall think this sounds like a goodbye? :mjcry:

He literally said on the intro he can’t quit rapping and he’ll be doing it forever. Then THREE songs later he strongly suggests the Premo album might happen.

What about this suggests “goodbye”?

Do you LISTEN to music or just skim threw it?