Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dope album. Best trilogy since Lord Of The Rings.
:salute:

I wonder if Nas wrote lyrics down this time because I don't hear as many punch ins or stuff that feels freestyled. The flows, bars...he's in rare form on this. Love how acrobatic he sounds on many of the beats, the flow switch ups etc. Speaking of beats Hit Boy did his thing again. On first listen I didn't feel like the highs matched KD2 but as others have said I think there's some mastering/mix issues that are the culprit. I'll have to confirm it in the whip. Listened twice last night before jumping in bed.

Only track I wasn't feeling was I'm On Fire due to the hook. Honestly the only other minus that came to mind was Hit's drums starting to give me 9th Wonder vibes, in terms of blending together. Feel like Thun should have had a break beat, or dirtier drums. That track is filthy tho. Might be my favorite. I'll play it in the whip later today and see what it sounds like there. Can't wait.

The three track opening of Ghetto Reporter, Legit, and Thun is crazy. Hell you could make it four, Hood2Hood is dope too. Love how Michael & Quincy morphs and changes. Later on, Get Light sounds like the single. And it would be Nas' best one since Life Is Good era. Sounds like something Statik would give to Joey Badass, I really fukk with it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Man gtfoh for trying to tell me who should be on my shyt. My list is about nikkas who had impact on the rap game and Em definitely has the classics & impact in hip-hop to be on the list.

MMLP
The Eminem Show
Recovery
Music To Be Murdered By (off side A alone)

Most nikkas don't want to give him his respect cuz he's white. Jay, Nas, Cube etc., all have had a few wack albums at some point in their careers.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Yall think this sounds like a goodbye? :mjcry:
giphy-downsized.gif

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
YO! - ya'll better be talking about how Nas is shytting on these nikkas - young and old ...

This is an incredible body of work. - Like he really is embarrassing these nikkas trying to be artsy or follow trends.

GMR (grown-man-rap) is the wave!

"I'm on Fire" is on repeat -

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Standouts:

Mike and Quincy
Hood2Hood
Reminisce
Serious Interlude
I’m on Fire
WTF/SMH (Second Half)
Once A Man
Get Light
First Time

Excellent production or rhyming on all of these joints …they were really in a zone with these ones …the remaining tracks I might have to spin back a few more times but there’s either something with the production or song execution that I wasn’t in love with …but 9 out of 16/17 tracks is pretty good …the best of playlist between Nas and Hit that you could make between these 4 projects is crazy tho :wow:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First listen and I think I like the beats on KD2 and Magic better but it keeps getting better with each listen

My only complaint is the songs are too short. I was hoping the 3 on the cover not only stood for KD3 but 3 verses

Thun and 30 are my favorite right now

Thun is just some old school street sh1t and i know 30 is just a sequel to 27 summers but it’s a fukkin anthem :blessed:

Like someone else said this album sounds like it was released for the summer.

Beats are KD2 ish

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas talkin bout they sound “thin” in here. Lol. shyt crazy. Then be cool with “Wu Is For The Children” while dope is just a drumless loop for the most part.
Correct Wu For The Children is dope. But the production on KD3 is just special. So the nitpicking about beats & mixing is just people really can’t talk shyt negative about this album. They just have to complain about something.