Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Im pretty sure this will be the last for now or possibly ever with hitboy, personally not seeing a KD4.

Even like this its pretty crazy to have 3 albums in a row with one producer, to my knowledge more or less unheard of, blu and exile werent consecutive for example and gangstarr was a duo

Would expect Nas to release music here and there as part of hip hop 50 but no LP for a while...

If someone could ask him if the "surprise album" is still on the horizon or if it was KD2 or what it was meant to be if no longer to be expected or what was he cooking with Dr.Dre on that would be amazing

Either way, we are not worthy...

:blessed::ahh:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised for the opposite. Nas releasing projects annually or semi-annually for the next 3-4 years. He’s said he’s charged and inspired and not only does he have Hip Hop 50, but any and all releases from Nas bring more attention and success to Mass Appeal records, which i’m sure he’s well aware of as both the owner and premiere artist on the label.

As far as continuing with Hit-Boy. It can go either way. On one hand if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Its funny to me that some “fans” who brought into the “Nas picks bad beats” narrative and seemed indifferent to Lost Tapes 2 (when he took it back to the “essence” several times production-wise) are hollering for him to work with different producers when sonically, Hit Boy has proven he can provide ANY type of beat a Nas fan would want to hear. So Nas continuing to
Work with HB only makes sense

On the OTHER hand he’s obviously been working with other producers this while time, even if they didn’t evolve into full projects. He’s been undercover working with Premier, Dr Dre, Statik, etc. If another project is in the works i’d probably expect it to be with Premo as Preme seemed really excited at what be and Nas had cooked up in recent sessions.

I guess we’ll see. I’m excited for any and everything Nas has in the pipeline

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
crazy to think this the first that's had significant build up. all the previous 3 if i'm not mistaken came out of the blue a little bit. KD1 and Magic for sure and even KD2 i recall wasn't expected and people wondered if it was just joints that didn't make KD1.

KD3 the first from this collab that's had that build up that it was coming.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
crazy to think this the first that's had significant build up. all the previous 3 if i'm not mistaken came out of the blue a little bit. KD1 and Magic for sure and even KD2 i recall wasn't expected and people wondered if it was just joints that didn't make KD1.

KD3 the first from this collab that's had that build up that it was coming.
That's why Hit-Boy has been saying that they have more pressure for this one.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Well now i really hope it's coming the 19th cause Roc Marciano and Alc are dropping the 26th and I want to replay KD3 over and over without being tempted by anything else. :lolbron:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This will come off as being negative.
(Which I'm not trying to be)

But I hope KD3 is the end of Nas and Hit-Boy's run. I've really appreciated the work they've been able to produce, so far Nas and Hit are 3 for 3. But from a career standpoint this has been the longest Nas has ever stuck with one theme for an album(s) if Nas keeps going forward with this Kings Disease (Series) theme after a while it'll water down the body of work and it'll start feeling like a mixtape series instead of a body of work. Kings Disease doesn't need to turn into The Carter.
i'm fully opposite of you, this is some of the most listenable Nas has been, his lyrics, content and beats have all been top notch on these projects and you can feel energy/happiness from him. he's had plenty projects where people either question the content or are turned off by the beat selection. this is top notch nas, and even more impressive to get this from a rapper in his mid-late 40's. i don't think we have anyone currently who can do this outside of kenny/cole, and certainly not the gen z rappers

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm fully opposite of you, this is some of the most listenable Nas has been, his lyrics, content and beats have all been top notch on these projects and you can feel energy/happiness from him. he's had plenty projects where people either question the content or are turned off by the beat selection. this is top notch nas, and even more impressive to get this from a rapper in his mid-late 40's. i don't think we have anyone currently who can do this outside of kenny/cole, and certainly not the gen z rappers
I agree with this. I love where Nas is currently and how he fits into todays sound but still sounds like Nas. I think his base in general have always kinda boxed him into the boom bap sound only which is the issue. Nas is capable of doing both and he has shown that.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will come off as being negative.
(Which I'm not trying to be)

But I hope KD3 is the end of Nas and Hit-Boy's run. I've really appreciated the work they've been able to produce, so far Nas and Hit are 3 for 3. But from a career standpoint this has been the longest Nas has ever stuck with one theme for an album(s) if Nas keeps going forward with this Kings Disease (Series) theme after a while it'll water down the body of work and it'll start feeling like a mixtape series instead of a body of work. Kings Disease doesn't need to turn into The Carter.

I hear you on this, but I also think the best way for him to work it is what he has been doing, and that is keeping the music rolling out. If too much time goes by in between Nas and Hit-Boy projects, some causal fans could get sour on it. For me, I don't mind as long as he keeps the music coming.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If it's true Baby is dropping in August he's def gonna dominate the month, but I don't think that has any impact on when Nas drops. Also I'm starting to think Nas drops before Game which will be hilarious.