Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Kendom

Pro
Daps
I personally feel that most all of this was going to happen with or without the Nasir album being released. This was all pre-planned ahead of time.

Nas formulated Mass Appeal Records back in 2014. They even announced that Lost Tapes 2 would be released via Mass Appeal and that Killer Mike (whose group RTJ would eventually release their second album on the label) would be involved in a compilation album.

Nas still had one more album to turn into Def Jam and I believe instead of giving them the “Nas Album Done” record, he hooked up with Kanye and did the “Wyoming Sessions” to fulfill his contract and give him some added buzz and for Mass Appeal. The only issue with that is Kanye was in the midst of becoming a full on c00n MAGA Psychopath and sabotaged the album by not having the beats ready until A WEEK before the album was supposed to come out. Which is why it sounds so rushed and didn’t live up to expectations.

Once he was free of Def Jam, Nas did what he said. He released Lost Tapes 2. He also fulfilled a wish to work with Hit Boy, whom he’d already collaborated with twice before on the song Another Black Girl Lost and the unreleased No Such Thing As White Jesus (which became Royalty on Lost Tapes 2)

Nas was working with Hit Boy on a Valentine’s Day themed EP that ended up becoming King’s Disease, so a project with Hit was always planned and in the cards. That it went so well and became a four album series maybe wasn’t planned. But i’m certain that Nas had tapped Hit Boy for his first official Mass Appeal project before Nasir was released.
:laff: :laff:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France

I don't know if this guy is legit, I wouldn't even be mad if KD3 is only Nas tho. Maybe he's just saying that because he has no idea who Nas recorded with recently.

Last edited:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
He never made an album with zero feature. As a fan I would be very curious to hear that to be honest.
When I think about it the first two KDs had some lines and tracks related to the "King's Disease" theme but I would like to see a full blown concept album, if there's really a track called "Chalice" then we might get that.
Imagine a "kingly" album with a grandiose feel and sound, that would be dope as fukk.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He never made an album with zero feature. As a fan I would be very curious to hear that to be honest.
When I think about it the first two KDs had some lines and tracks related to the "King's Disease" theme but I would like to see a full blown concept album, if there's really a track called "Chalice" then we might get that.
Imagine a "kingly" album with a grandiose feel and sound, that would be dope as fukk.
I would be surprised if he went featureless.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m confused by what those tweets mean but if he’s implying having kodak in the studio…. i would love that move. Not really durk. He did that already and what they did is as good as it can get with the direction nas likes to go with. Kodak and nas could work though hard body. No funny shyt

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
I’m confused by what those tweets mean but if he’s implying having kodak in the studio…. i would love that move. Not really durk. He did that already and what they did is as good as it can get with the direction nas likes to go with. Kodak and nas could work though hard body. No funny shyt
The other tweets are him listing features for other albums (Lil Baby and Offset), I put that here for context.
He's implying KD 3 has no features at all. I don't really believe it tho.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If any artist can pull off a featureless album its Nas. Hell Illmatic only had one feature and that turned out to be one of the most iconic guest verses in history so the bar for features on a Nas album has always been high. Magic could easily have had a second Nas verse in place of ASAP (though ASAP did a great job) so its not as if features are the reason to buy a Nas album anyway. We wanna hear from the man himself.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If any artist can pull off a featureless album its Nas. Hell Illmatic only had one feature and that turned out to be one of the most iconic guest verses in history so the bar for features on a Nas album has always been high. Magic could easily have had a second Nas verse in place of ASAP (though ASAP did a great job) so its not as if features are the reason to buy a Nas album anyway. We wanna hear from the man himself.

i Agree. I don’t even go in expecting features at all when it comes to a nas album. when I hear of features I get surprised and wonder how it’s gonna Turn out but my expectation going in is always with a featureless album cuz son is the only one that can make you hear a album all the way through the way he does.