Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They asked the dude on Reddit if the album, being 17 tracks, is full of tracks with 3 verses and over an hour long? He replied "Roughly yes".

Replying to a comment saying this may be the last Nas album we get for a while, he said "It won't be".

Second best post so far regarding news from Nasir jones… and I ain’t got work Friday so it’s lit Thursday night.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Its not weird. Nas has done the “passing the torch” thing before with newer artists. He made a song with Quan when NOBODY knew who Quan was and said “Here’s another warrior song from Nasty and Quan/its to HIM I pass the Paton to carry this on”

And look what happened? Quan got caught up in some dumb shyt and went back to jail, got dropped, and now he’s back to nobody knowing who he is.

Nas has shown love to Cole and Lupe and in return Cole shyt on him over the Kelis accusation and Lupe publicly said he was happier that Royce was nominated for a Grammy more than he was for Nas to win one. He also listened to half a song on Magic and told everybody on Instagram that the album sounded like Nas was influenced by J.Cole. But he expects to work with him?

As far as Drake goes, they exist in two different lanes. But when their lanes DO occasionally intersect Nas has shown Drake nothing but love. They did a Sprite commercial together

Same thing with Kendrick. Nas has shown Kendrick respect and Kendrick shouted Nas out during his Grammy speech and has praised both Illmatic and It Was Written as two of his favorite albums.

Beyond that, Nas has worked with a plethora of young artists and shown them love. He was on Joey Badass’s recent album and did a full song with him on Statik Selectah’s album

He’s had Big Sean, Ace Boogie, YG, Fivio Foreign, ASAP Ferg, ASAP Rocky, BLXST, and Durk his last three albums.

Sean has no song with Jay-Z
YG has no song with Jay-Z
Ferg has no song with Jay-Z
Rocky has no song with Jay-Z

Perhaps we should be focusing on which artists Nas HAS worked with instead of focusing on the artists Jay has worked with

Quan is not relevant. That was his artist. I'm talking about the cats that been a staple names in the last ten years in the rap game, that's precisely why Jay was on their albums. Because at one point each of these cats were deemed to be the "next guy". From an artistic and business point of vue (streaming) Jay made a move by appear on their albums.
All the youngins that have been on kd you know they were on it more because hit boy probably reach to them than nas and they are 2nd or 3rd tier artists
Nas probably have some reasons to why no collabs but the reasons you pointed out are not really convincing since theses declarations were made in the last two years and theses artist are 10 years plus in the game and there was no collabs.
Nas did tracks with Jeezy and mega so nothing is impossible he don't have real beef with theses cats
If he don't want to do it that's ok with me but it would be a shame. Kinda like Eminem on a primo beat or rakim who never made a track with bdk or a real track with nas.
I would add Royce to that list too

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not weird. Nas has done the “passing the torch” thing before with newer artists. He made a song with Quan when NOBODY knew who Quan was and said “Here’s another warrior song from Nasty and Quan/its to HIM I pass the Paton to carry this on”

And look what happened? Quan got caught up in some dumb shyt and went back to jail, got dropped, and now he’s back to nobody knowing who he is.

Nas has shown love to Cole and Lupe and in return Cole shyt on him over the Kelis accusation and Lupe publicly said he was happier that Royce was nominated for a Grammy more than he was for Nas to win one. He also listened to half a song on Magic and told everybody on Instagram that the album sounded like Nas was influenced by J.Cole. But he expects to work with him?

As far as Drake goes, they exist in two different lanes. But when their lanes DO occasionally intersect Nas has shown Drake nothing but love. They did a Sprite commercial together

Same thing with Kendrick. Nas has shown Kendrick respect and Kendrick shouted Nas out during his Grammy speech and has praised both Illmatic and It Was Written as two of his favorite albums.

Beyond that, Nas has worked with a plethora of young artists and shown them love. He was on Joey Badass’s recent album and did a full song with him on Statik Selectah’s album

He’s had Big Sean, Ace Boogie, YG, Fivio Foreign, ASAP Ferg, ASAP Rocky, BLXST, and Durk his last three albums.

Sean has no song with Jay-Z
YG has no song with Jay-Z
Ferg has no song with Jay-Z
Rocky has no song with Jay-Z

Perhaps we should be focusing on which artists Nas HAS worked with instead of focusing on the artists Jay has worked with

Damn lupe said that about Magic?

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Damn lupe said that about Magic?

Yeh he played it on IG as first reaction. Can’t remember which song but he was like ‘yeh that’s J Cole’s flow’ haha.

Interestingly Lupe from a lyrical standpoint was more impressed when he reacted to KD2. But to be honest I think it really depends with Lupe if you’re getting ‘pretentious Lupe’ or ‘humble Lupe’ and the sort of comments he makes.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
nikkas talkin about Immortal Technique, Cappadonna, Killah Priest, and Afrika Bambataa on a Nas album in 2022 :gucci:

Breh the Pillage and Heavy Mental are classics lol.

That being said, yea everyone got different opinions but if you wanna hear new cats more power to you. IMO Big Sean is trash, so is YG.

Maybe Nas will surprise us and give us some Tragedy Khadafi and Big Noyd guest spots. Queens OG's.

That would be dope.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeh he played it on IG as first reaction. Can’t remember which song but he was like ‘yeh that’s J Cole’s flow’ haha.

Interestingly Lupe from a lyrical standpoint was more impressed when he reacted to KD2. But to be honest I think it really depends with Lupe if you’re getting ‘pretentious Lupe’ or ‘humble Lupe’ and the sort of comments he makes.
The jealousy some of these rappers so towards Nas is crazy haha

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
The jealousy some of these rappers so towards Nas is crazy haha

Lupe just random with what he likes it seems or what his mood is haha. Take the rhyme scheme for the below. Lupe loved it and was more impressed with Nas than Lauryn. There’s another part that doesn’t seem to be online anymore where he said you can take that Nas rhyme scheme right there at the start of Nas’ first verse on Nobody and a rapper can have an entire career off that one rhyme scheme.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Lupe just random with what he likes it seems or what his mood is haha. Take the rhyme scheme for the below. Lupe loved it and was more impressed with Nas than Lauryn. There’s another part that doesn’t seem to be online anymore where he said you can take that Nas rhyme scheme right there at the start of Nas’ first verse on Nobody and a rapper can have an entire career off that one rhyme scheme.

Yeah and I thought myself Nas sounded like Cole on I thibk Meet Joe Black, it’s a throwaway comment, Lupe a weirdo but I wouldn’t take a lot of what he says seriously.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lupe is a pretentious lame bytch nikka and so are his fans

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
There’s mad rappers who never passed the torch to anyone. Rakim and LL quickly come to mind. Nas has collaborated with a million young rappers he even got a collab with Papoose when he was just a mixtape rapper. Nas held Cole down and even gave him a “Let Nas Down” verse. Cole turned around and did some dumb shyt. Kendrick went on a 5 year hiatus himself so it ain’t even like Nas to be pressed to collab with someone to the point he would take them off of it. Him and Drizzy ain’t really in the same lane but would be a dope feature. Plus he has collaborated with cats like Future so I don’t see Drake too far out of the picture. With Nas it seems like it’s all about timing but he has shown OD love to the young cats even when other older cats have shytted on them.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well nas is known to historically fukk with who he wants to fukk with, he was never the hopper type unlike "others". Its just how his personality was and still is to some extent. Have heard Royce and Pusha for example waiting in line for a collabo but nas just does his thing

While im at it reddit tracklist sounds made up... like he from qb so... Thun, he raps about the past more than the average so... Reminisce

Nas way more creative than that...

Also find it hard to believe hes by himself on 17 tracks AT THE MINIMUM there have to be some hook features but will see sooooooooooooon