Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It would be dope if they drop a little behind the scenes making of kd3. Or a compilation of the making of all the albums. I wonder what day we getting the tracklist. What days did we get them before?

The KD1 tracklist leaked early. I think within a few days of the announcement?

KD2 tracklisting was released on Aug 3rd. Three days before the album dropped.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
It would be dope if they drop a little behind the scenes making of kd3. Or a compilation of the making of all the albums. I wonder what day we getting the tracklist. What days did we get them before?

Agreed. I been saying this forever. Since merchandise is king.......create a box set with all the albums released during the run (include Magic, call it The Kings Disease Era). Box set the albums (CD/Vinyls), a Blu-Ray with music videos and a documentary about the making of the albums (interview Nas, Hit-Boy, and their collaborators). Top it off with T-Shirt commemorating the albums. Place everything in a treasure chest or some other piece of medieval storage that makes sense.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Agreed. I been saying this forever. Since merchandise is king.......create a box set with all the albums released during the run (include Magic, call it The Kings Disease Era). Box set the albums (CD/Vinyls), a Blu-Ray with music videos and a documentary about the making of the albums (interview Nas, Hit-Boy, and their collaborators). Top it off with T-Shirt commemorating the albums. Place everything in a treasure chest or some other piece of medieval storage that makes sense.

He's been running merch with every release so hopefully we get some good shyt this time around too.

I still never received my Wave God's tee I ordered months ago 😑

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps

Dope idea.

People who are gonna buy it will buy it, especially with A1 presentation and attention to detail as well as "offline only" stuff that is exclusive and not on the net already. Plus, thematically speaking, this run fits together beautifully and a slick looking box set would be like a victory lap.

I'm really surprised that more artists don't do this because most merch is wack and a physical release with real credits to read is something else.

Nas is obviously in this era of his career now:

Battle tested, knows the ropes but still in fighting shape and is doing it for the sport of it and that makes him the definition of a rappers rapper. Pushing the pen with that old man strength...

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Lol

Soooo, Nas should do 30, 000 to 40, 000 of these? Lol

Bro... like, seriously. Think about what you saying.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
A lot of people casual Nas fans don’t even know the album is dropping
I can imagine, no promo :yeshrug:its Monday so there is still time to get an interview or two out + a single or tracklisting but if nothing changes they’ll be lucky to do Magic numbers. As a fan, the quality of music is all I care about. I’m going to do my part and buy the album, they need to do their job and promote it. And I do believe they will ramp it up at some point this week.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
With how streaming works I'm sure the featured artists are gonna have a big impact on the numbers.
If you have big names with big fanbases on your album you increase the number of people who are gonna atleast listen to the tracks with them.

I think having Eminem on KD2 was one of the reason it dit better than the first in terms of sales.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I hope it's not stadium music. The worst that can happens is KD3 ressemble bp3 or recovery. Two huge succes in terms of hits and commercial wise but cringy in terms of music.
The reason KD1 was appreciated is because of a mix of modern sound and RnB. KD2 got modern sound and soulful sound. Magic was modernful boom bap. If KD3 is 100% modern, I don't know if it will fit with Nas. But I have faith in him

Yeah, she's barely talking, makes long pauses and sounds very amateurish. I hope she don't be a part of the marketing strategy because
What if it's none if those but is stadium music like Graduation with a little Made You Look & Store Run mixed in.