Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
He never made an album with zero feature. As a fan I would be very curious to hear that to be honest.
When I think about it the first two KDs had some lines and tracks related to the "King's Disease" theme but I would like to see a full blown concept album, if there's really a track called "Chalice" then we might get that.
Imagine a "kingly" album with a grandiose feel and sound, that would be dope as fukk.

That would be dope, both in sound (like some orchestral type beats with trumpets and vocal choirs and stuff like that) and concept. I mean KD and KDII were hitting on those themes but I think he can take it even further. Ever since the original I Am... never happened I always wanted him to do a concept album where all the songs connect into a bigger story. I know it was said that after KDII Nas said to HB let's go with a brighter sound and HB said no let's go darker which led to Magic so I think this will be more "grandoise" in sound like some have been saying.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be dope, both in sound (like some orchestral type beats with trumpets and vocal choirs and stuff like that) and concept. I mean KD and KDII were hitting on those themes but I think he can take it even further. Ever since the original I Am... never happened I always wanted him to do a concept album where all the songs connect into a bigger story. I know it was said that after KDII Nas said to HB let's go with a brighter sound and HB said no let's go darker which led to Magic so I think this will be more "grandoise" in sound like some have been saying.
It will definitely be a more grandiose sound in regards to KD3 which I’m excited about. I don’t think Nas has ever went into a project and tried that before. I also think this album will probably have some of the biggest features Nas will have on an album. You are right, hit and Nas went for more of a grittier sound with Magic and KD3 will be more modern with anthem, hit type records I think.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is still going on but I just joined now. Was anyone on since the beginning and can recap?
From what I’ve gathered is it’s going to be a bigger sound, more grandiose, probably more anthem style records. Bigger features, more modern sound, but still capturing Nas in his raw form.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
From what I’ve gathered is it’s going to be a bigger sound, more grandiose, probably more anthem style records. Bigger features, more modern sound, but still capturing Nas in his raw form.
Its a tough listen, chick takes forever to put a coherent thought together. Does Mass Appeal not have a marketing team or something? She talking about game planning what fans going to do to get stream numbers up, recruiting people to create posters for promo :what:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i‘m excited for all that if true. Just read it was that obsessive chick though so its hard to trust whatever she say.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain

I hope it's not stadium music. The worst that can happens is KD3 ressemble bp3 or recovery. Two huge succes in terms of hits and commercial wise but cringy in terms of music.
The reason KD1 was appreciated is because of a mix of modern sound and RnB. KD2 got modern sound and soulful sound. Magic was modernful boom bap. If KD3 is 100% modern, I don't know if it will fit with Nas. But I have faith in him
Its a tough listen, chick takes forever to put a coherent thought together. Does Mass Appeal not have a marketing team or something? She talking about game planning what fans going to do to get stream numbers up, recruiting people to create posters for promo :what:

Yeah, she's barely talking, makes long pauses and sounds very amateurish. I hope she don't be a part of the marketing strategy because

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope it's not stadium music. The worst that can happens is KD3 ressemble bp3 or recovery. Two huge succes in terms of hits and commercial wise but cringy in terms of music.
The reason KD1 was appreciated is because of a mix of modern sound and RnB. KD2 got modern sound and soulful sound. Magic was modernful boom bap. If KD3 is 100% modern, I don't know if it will fit with Nas. But I have faith in him

Yeah, she's barely talking, makes long pauses and sounds very amateurish. I hope she don't be a part of the marketing strategy because
Hit Boy ain’t giving Nas no BP3 nonsense. And definitely not recovery. Hate me now and made you look are stadium anthems. I wouldn’t mind those at all.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. One week out and there's no single, no interviews, no radio or podcasts, no freestyles, no tracklist, nothing. I don't want to hear any more shyt from that fraud twitter lady and her lackeys about "getting the numbers up" if they're not going to promo the album.
I don't think he cares about sales anymore if ever. Its just the love of the music.