Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I think nas is the best rapper of all time .... if 2pac was never born

he never disappoints ... I dont care about sales or media push, I love how he dropped the last 3 discs and started working with a producer that fit his style

I wish he would just keep doing this forever for fun

you dont need all that extra shyt when you are the best ... nothing will change Nas from being one of the top artists of all time

even if his catalog is deep and amazing... I could honestly just listen to these 4 hit boy albums forever and be happy

the fact a 4th one is here feels like getting hit by Tyson... I'm still trying to recover from the last 3 ... even Magic put me on the ropes
just let this man be comfortable and keep dropping more songs :blessed:

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished Magic again in the whip. That album really is high on Nas discography list for me, and it's insane that he's still able to do something at that level all these years later.

I feel like each album on this run has been better than the last, as Nas and Hit continue to figure out what works for one another. I can't wait to see what KDIII brings, but if the trend continues and it is somehow better than Magic, sheesh. I'm not sure what this theoretical grandiose sound is supposed to be, but if they give us something that fits that description while Nas is spitting like he was on Magic, :banderas:

Again, I can't believe Nas is killing it like this 30 years in the game.

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just finished Magic again in the whip. That album really is high on Nas discography list for me, and it's insane that he's still able to do something at that level all these years later.

I feel like each album on this run has been better than the last, as Nas and Hit continue to figure out what works for one another. I can't wait to see what KDIII brings, but if the trend continues and it is somehow better than Magic, sheesh. I'm not sure what this theoretical grandiose sound is supposed to be, but if they give us something that fits that description while Nas is spitting like he was on Magic, :banderas:

Again, I can't believe Nas is killing it like this 30 years in the game.
It’s a blessing. I remember hearing Nas before I was even of age to understand the lyrics fully. Hearing older dudes play records like Affirmative Action, Phone Tap, Firm Biz, Hate Me Now and Nas Is Like at like 7 years old is my first exposure to Nas. You Owe Me and Hot Boyz remix out on the radio at the time.

I just remember hearing at that age Cormega saying dude was dead on the couch with his head cut off (y’all know the rest) and was like :dame::dame:the fukk is wrong with bro? Of course the immature mind would hear that lol.

Also remember being 10 and hearing Made You Look premier on radio, back then Nas was talking about avoid the bootlegs cause the sound sucks. :pachaha:

We’ve been fortunate. :wow:

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
As for the sound, yea i hope it's not all hardcore stuff like Magic bc that can get old after a while. I think if Nas/ Hit bring a good mix between that KD2 sound and Magic then that's the sweet spot. Some hard stuff like Speechless and Ugly but give us some of that soul music like Moments and Nas is Good.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
this thread shows nas got some good ass fans... im scared to even comment in here
i dunno bout that. his base is love and hate. people in here with wish lists for sounds/collabos he wont deliver will be crying about some shyt nobody promised them they were getting.

shyt is bizzare and off putting, his bar for expectations is always on some stupid shyt.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Its amazing seeing how Nas has grown as an artist. This is almost a complete flip from his old doubting himself, leaving the best on the shelf because he didn't have the confidence/faith in his fans to get him rapper he used to be. You can hear it in his MCing and general presence as well as he truly sounds comfortable in his own skin now he has matured as evidenced in these tight, concise back to back projects.

All that in the modern rap game without chasing trends, diluting the brand or dumbing down his style with releases no one cares about after a few spins.

That Ether... The legacy speaks for itself.
full

tenor.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Was really hoping for a single and video but Nas and Hit must REALLY think they have an absolute bonafide classic on their hands to not feed us a single solitary goddamn THING before Friday. Its the same thing they did with KD2 and that was my favorite album of last year so in Nas and Hit we trust…

I’m SUPER excited for the features on this one. I think they’re going to be BIG. Like bigger than Nas and RAPPING Lauryn Hill which was monstrous.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was really hoping for a single and video but Nas and Hit must REALLY think they have an absolute bonafide classic on their hands to not feed us a single solitary goddamn THING before Friday. Its the same thing they did with KD2 and that was my favorite album of last year so in Nas and Hit we trust…

I’m SUPER excited for the features on this one. I think they’re going to be BIG. Like bigger than Nas and RAPPING Lauryn Hill which was monstrous.

Facts. I’m thinking the single they about to drop is about to be that anthem. Kinda hoping flex drop bombs on it and he do a little flex nas radio interview… playing some records…. Gold III all over the city this weekend coming up.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It would be dope if they drop a little behind the scenes making of kd3. Or a compilation of the making of all the albums. I wonder what day we getting the tracklist. What days did we get them before?