Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Haha was just about to post that.

Giving the run they’ve had and I imagine this may be the last full Nas/Hit Boy album (I may be wrong though). Would be cool if this coming week was celebratory in its promotion of the entire run and build hype not just off any single/ track list but what they’ve achieved from this amazing collab

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was about to come in and say considering this album had the most lead time from announcement to release date of the KD series Im surprised theres hasnt been any build, but yall said it. Especially when the annoucement had a lot of good reaction online.
Yeah theres the Drake/21 album but Ultra Black as a single dropped same day as Laugh Now Cry Later by Drake and Durk too. I dont know I trust them and they'll probably do all the promo after the album drops (videos etc) but I think this album could have used some build and chatter.
Maybe theres a slight chance they push it back again but hope not

Edit: Guess its still coming on the 11th

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was counting top 20 tracks, whether on the rap charts or billboard 100. But certainly a fair point.

Also I can't find it but there's a vid of Salaam saying him and Nas took Thief's Theme to radio stations in person, to play it for DJs. And they were concerned about the tone, or thought Nas was up to something. I always thought that was an interesting, weird detail. It certainly sounds like a street record, which radio was used to receiving first from most New York artists at the time. Maybe the story was just Salaam highlighting the divide between NY radio/DJs and Nas at the time, post-Ether. Classic track IMO.

I always felt like the response to Theif's Theme may have messed with him a little. I feel (and maybe in his mind) it was a sequel to made you look in some respects and that joint was an improbable hit and street anthem. Because its a throwback era beat and street I think they were expecting the same. But the record is a little more street and this was when we were in that radio era of the south/g-unit/Kanye and just not as pristine but it was what people wanted from Nas so he his singles were always different then on.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake and Nas aren’t running the same “race” so to speak. I doubt Nas cares enough to not release a single simply because Drake dropped an album.

If a single doesn’t drop today then it was never meant to.
Seriously Thanks💯 !

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I suspect there’s a few anthems on KD3. It would be dope if radio and streaming playlists decided to show Nas and Hitboy more love this go around. It would be incredible to see Nas with a modest hit in this era after surviving 3 decades in the game.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Lack of promo so far is disappointing. I wanted this to feel like a big thing for the culture but hey it’s not my job.
Yep. One week out and there's no single, no interviews, no radio or podcasts, no freestyles, no tracklist, nothing. I don't want to hear any more shyt from that fraud twitter lady and her lackeys about "getting the numbers up" if they're not going to promo the album.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yep. One week out and there's no single, no interviews, no radio or podcasts, no freestyles, no tracklist, nothing. I don't want to hear any more shyt from that fraud twitter lady and her lackeys about "getting the numbers up" if they're not going to promo the album.

Yeah I dont understand her complaining about stuff that should be obvious. Older artist, independent artist, limited budget and they've chosen to just put the music out, which is fine.

Budda

Superstar
Daps

True.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The Kanye ep is unfairly hated on.
I dont want to derail the KD3 thread talking about Nasir, so just one comment and I’ll leave it at that; when I buy a Nas album I dont want to hear Dream and mf Kanye singing for 2 mins on the intro and outro of a song.