Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
It will be heavy promo next week. Promo this week would have been drowned out by 21 and Drakes album.
keep the fanbase engaged twitter post IG stuff a countdown anything. shyt don't take but a a minute to post again if shyt falls below "their" expectations I don't want to hear no bullshyt blaming the fans

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
fukk it, just drop the album. No single. At least it been announced before hand unlike Magic. :manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It will be heavy promo next week. Promo this week would have been drowned out by 21 and Drakes album.

Dunno. The Drake/21 album is dominating discourse to levels I haven't seen in awhile, so I get why releasing the single could have been rough. Then again it seems like if a single was coming it would have been planned in advance. That Drake/21 album got delayed a week mind you. I can't verify this obviously but I feel like if a single was coming today we would have known.

People will still be talking about Drake on Monday, then he does the Apollo on the 11th. Not giving your single a week to bank streams/sales/preorders is going to hurt.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dunno. The Drake/21 album is dominating discourse to levels I haven't seen in awhile, so I get why releasing the single could have been rough. Then again it seems like if a single was coming it would have been planned in advance. That Drake/21 album got delayed a week mind you. I can't verify this obviously but I feel like if a single was coming today we would have known.

People will still be talking about Drake on Monday, then he does the Apollo on the 11th. Not giving I can’t your single a week to bank streams/sales/preorders is going to hurt.
😂

deeman

All Star
Daps
Lack of promo so far is disappointing. I wanted this to feel like a big thing for the culture but hey it’s not my job.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I was counting top 20 tracks, whether on the rap charts or billboard 100. But certainly a fair point.

Also I can't find it but there's a vid of Salaam saying him and Nas took Thief's Theme to radio stations in person, to play it for DJs. And they were concerned about the tone, or thought Nas was up to something. I always thought that was an interesting, weird detail. It certainly sounds like a street record, which radio was used to receiving first from most New York artists at the time. Maybe the story was just Salaam highlighting the divide between NY radio/DJs and Nas at the time, post-Ether. Classic track IMO.

Salaam mentioned this in his Vlad interview a couple years ago. He said nobody said anything about "Thief's Theme" for years. When it dropped, it was radio silence. Busta Rhymes said the beat was retarded when he heard it in the studio, but it wasn't until years later that people walked up to Salaam and told him how much they loved it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

People will still be talking about Drake on Monday, then he does the Apollo on the 11th. Not giving your single a week to bank streams/sales/preorders is going to hurt.

Drake and Nas aren’t running the same “race” so to speak. I doubt Nas cares enough to not release a single simply because Drake dropped an album.

If a single doesn’t drop today then it was never meant to.