Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Sohh, looks like that's Hit-boy compensation for getting KDIII? That's Hit's home (i seen his old videos). Paired with the comment, I'm thinking he's saying all that because he's lowkey saying Nas paying Hit upfront so the record really really coming out.

What??
lol

You definitely comprehend different

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So far, the previous KD albums have had the following:

1) Surprise guests (The Firm including Dr. Dre, Lauryn Hill, Eminem, EPMD). I don't know if I would call them surprises, but definitely features that were mostly unexpected. I think a Coli breh predicted both Lauryn and Eminem.

2) Features from newer artists

3) Charlie Wilson

4) Beat switches

5) New flows

That said, it will be crazy to hear what Nas and Hitboy do for KD3. Charlie Wilson has been a staple in the series thus far, so it'll be dope if he's also on this one. I like both "Car 85" and "No Phony Love".

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So far, the previous KD albums have had the following:

1) Surprise guests (The Firm including Dr. Dre, Lauryn Hill, Eminem, EPMD). I don't know if I would call them surprises, but definitely features that were mostly unexpected. I think a Coli breh predicted both Lauryn and Eminem.

2) Features from newer artists

3) Charlie Wilson

4) Beat switches

5) New flows

That said, it will be crazy to hear what Nas and Hitboy do for KD3. Charlie Wilson has been a staple in the series thus far, so it'll be dope if he's also on this one. I like both "Car 85" and "No Phony Love".
For some reason, I feel like we getting a Sade feature this time around. I’m also feeling like we will get another major feature, either Kendrick, drake, Rihanna or The Weeknd. I feel like one of them will be on the album. For the young feature, I feel like we could get a Kodak feature.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Assuming Nas sticks to the KD formula and blends the old and new I wonder who he goes with as far as features. For “old”, I’m kinda hoping for Method Man, Rae, or Ghost. Would love to see Busta too. I would flip if he got Jay Elec. For “new”, I think it would be dope if he goes with Dave East. Wondering if he’s going to have a feature in the vein of Don Toliver, Blxst, and Anderson .Paak. Look forward to whoever he might go with, especially as far as the new school rappers, because the features have been a cool part of the series.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
For some reason, I feel like we getting a Sade feature this time around. I’m also feeling like we will get another major feature, either Kendrick, drake, Rihanna or The Weeknd. I feel like one of them will be on the album. For the young feature, I feel like we could get a Kodak feature.

Sade? Lol

Sade is like 63yrs old and not into hip hop.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Fans don't have to like everything.

If a jay fan don't like vol 1, fukk you n fukk yo opinions . I don't wanna hear shyt you gotta say .

That album is divisive to the wrong muhfukkas. IMO, you can't call yourself a jay fan without fukking with that album.

Easily my most played Jay album

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Thread went to shyt :russ: ima just wait for the music to come. All this Nas should do this and do that for ppl who just gonna listen to it on YouTube or (gasp) still asks for a link is hilarious

Same shyt I already said....
These pretentious muhfukkas...

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
It won't happen because what does Nas gain from it other than another good album under his belt? That's the only reason we haven't gotten it yet, you know AZ is down whenever he gets the call...Nas probably sees doing that album as just a 100% alley-oop to AZ...which AZ definitely deserves but that's neither here nor there.

Maybe Nas is a little scared of people saying AZ outshined him or he was the star of the album? :hubie:, who knows. He's probably way more open to a Firm album than a Nas and AZ album, imo

They have 2 album worth of material out there. Which makes this "fear" talk nonsensical

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Ready to hear what Nas and Hit have cooked up. I think the tracklist and/or a single coming by Friday

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
You care about Nas new music in 2023 n think he has a "problem." you muhfukkas are nuts

Emphasis on "was". And just because I'm a fan don't mean I can't be critical on my favorite artist. To me he been the greatest even before his run with hit boy and despite the fact that his a'n'r direction wasn't the best. And that's a true testimony right there of how dope he is. I can go more on details but it'll be too long