Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What’s the point of this post? Besides asking for my attention lol …like I said …you nas super stans are weird as hell :mjlol:
Son honestly stfu. For one. U fukked the the point of the argument from the beginning trying to be right. Dude was speaking on how Nas’ bars are more sparse now because he’s trying to appeal to a wider audience. Then u replied that he’s been doing that since IWW. Then I reminded u that he was more bar heavy and concept driven on IWW than he was on Illmatic. Then u tried to make like it was the SOUND of the album we was speaking on. Now I don’t even know wtf the argument is about because u just wanna argue with everyone. Even people who agree with u. So yea. Take a chill pill lil nikka. Go smoke a blunt or somethin and calm the fukk down.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cornballs rebuked IWW cause it wasn’t Illmatic. The streets loved it. But IWW he actually stepped up technically and conceptually.

Illmatic loving cornballs existed and yes, a lot of people fukked with IWW but folks may be simplifying things a bit. Were Stretch and Bobbito cornballs? Most of the shyt they were playing in 96 was street shyt, hard shyt etc…I’m not sure if they ever dissed IWW outright but they barely played tracks on their shows. The idea that IWW was more commercial was not a sentiment only held by cornballs or haters. Black Girl Lost alone lol (featuring Ki-C and JoJo). Watch Dem nikkas beat. Even just having a single women fukked with. Compared to more "street" albums that year from MOP, Mobb Deep, Heltah Skelta, Jeru etc.

End of the day it was a great album. But let's not pretend like Steve Stoute wasn't trying to make a hit album (and succeeded).

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Dudes talking about "IWW flow" when 2-3 years later (still in his prime) he wasn't even using that same flow anymore. Yet they're bringing it up 26 years later? Smfh. Nas "stans" aren't the weirdos... it's you "still stuck the past" dudes. I wonder if some of you dudes even progress or evolve in life, on a personal level, with that mentality.

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Son honestly stfu. For one. U fukked the the point of the argument from the beginning trying to be right. Dude was speaking on how Nas’ bars are more sparse now because he’s trying to appeal to a wider audience. Then u replied that he’s been doing that since IWW. Then I reminded u that he was more bar heavy and concept driven on IWW than he was on Illmatic. Then u tried to make like it was the SOUND of the album we was speaking on. Now I don’t even know wtf the argument is about because u just wanna argue with everyone. Even people who agree with u. So yea. Take a chill pill lil nikka. Go smoke a blunt or somethin and calm the fukk down.
Did not read …emotional ass Nas Stan pouring his soul out to me like I give a fukk :mjlol: FOH clown

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do y’all have to talk about Illmatic and IWW every day? Seriously.

When it comes to KDIII I’d love to see another Game or Ross feature. It’s been some years since they hooked up. A Lloyd Banks or 50 feature would be fresh and new.
Ross and Nas always go crazy. Game too, but I really don’t expect a game feature.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Illmatic loving cornballs existed and yes, a lot of people fukked with IWW but folks may be simplifying things a bit. Were Stretch and Bobbito cornballs? Most of the shyt they were playing in 96 was street shyt, hard shyt etc…I’m not sure if they ever dissed IWW outright but they barely played tracks on their shows. The idea that IWW was more commercial was not a sentiment only held by cornballs or haters. Black Girl Lost alone lol (featuring Ki-C and JoJo). Watch Dem nikkas beat. Even just having a single women fukked with. Compared to more "street" albums that year from MOP, Mobb Deep, Heltah Skelta, Jeru etc.

End of the day it was a great album. But let's not pretend like Steve Stoute wasn't trying to make a hit album (and succeeded).
Album sounded far less commercial than albums that got praised within the past 2 years of its release.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Illmatic loving cornballs existed and yes, a lot of people fukked with IWW but folks may be simplifying things a bit. Were Stretch and Bobbito cornballs?

they had that purist/backpack mentality

Most of the shyt they were playing in 96 was street shyt, hard shyt etc…I’m not sure if they ever dissed IWW outright but they barely played tracks on their shows. The idea that IWW was more commercial was not a sentiment only held by cornballs or haters. Black Girl Lost alone lol (featuring Ki-C and JoJo). Watch Dem nikkas beat. Even just having a single women fukked with. Compared to more "street" albums that year from MOP, Mobb Deep, Heltah Skelta, Jeru etc.

Did you listen to those songs real good? Those beats/songs aren't anywhere near being commercial:what: More than half of Biggies debut sounds more radio friendly than those songs lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
they had that purist/backpack mentality

Did you listen to those songs real good? Those beats/songs aren't anywhere near being commercial:what: More than half of Biggies debut sounds more radio friendly than those songs lol
Black Girl Lost isn’t commercial? Come on fam. That beat and the hook? I don’t want to derail further - then again every Nas related thread ultimately becomes a general discussion Nas thread lol.