Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
You must be intentionally missing the point.
How :mjlol: you’re whole point is invalid because he’s BEEN doing that ..his fans damn near rebuked IWW because of that very fact ..you think he just started trying to appeal to the masses? When did you become a Nas fan bro bro

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How :mjlol: you’re whole point is invalid because he’s BEEN doing that ..his fans damn near rebuked IWW because of that very fact ..you think he just started trying to appeal to the masses? When did you become a Nas fan bro bro
Cornballs rebuked IWW cause it wasn’t Illmatic. The streets loved it. But IWW he actually stepped up technically and conceptually.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was a false narrative. It was written is no where near commercial. That narrative was put out by people that was illmatic producers to do it was written.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Cornballs rebuked IWW cause it wasn’t Illmatic. The streets loved it. But IWW he actually stepped up technically and conceptually.
What does this have to do with my point :mjlol: So you’re going to ignore his OBVIOUS attempts at commercial appeal on that album? It’s not about whether it was good or had concepts that’s not what’s being talked about …the point was that Nas trying to appeal to a broader audience isn’t some new concept that started with this KD series

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
That was a false narrative. It was written is no where near commercial. That narrative was put out by people that was illmatic producers to do it was written.
nikka stop …stop lying … We can’t have a real conversation if Nas fans are going to be in here lying …now you’re saying that Nas wasn’t trying to appeal to a mass audience by putting Lauren Hill and the track masters on his lead single for that album …but now that he’s working with hitboy that’s the real sign that he’s trying to broaden his appeal …nikka please …like who does this lying serve :mjlol:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cornballs rebuked IWW cause it wasn’t Illmatic. The streets loved it. But IWW he actually stepped up technically and
nikka stop …stop lying … We can’t have a real conversation if Nas fans are going to be in here lying …now you’re saying that Nas wasn’t trying to appeal to a mass audience by putting Lauren Hill and the track masters on his lead single for that album …but now that he’s working with hitboy that’s the real sign that he’s trying to broaden his appeal …nikka please …like who does this lying serve :mjlol:
Back to kings disease 3 talk. You on here talking nonsense. What promo y’all think we getting this week?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saying that Nas wasn’t trying to appeal to a mass audience by putting Lauren Hill and the track masters on his lead single for that album …but now that he’s working with hitboy that’s the real sign that he’s trying to broaden his appeal …nikka please …like who does this lying serve :mjlol:
"Trying to appeal to a mass audience" is the entire point of making records that you intend to sell to the buying public. I think sometimes we confuse that with "selling out"...or trying to sell out...that's silly. "Life's a bytch" sounds like it could be played during a "Quiet Storm" mix on a late night jazzy/sultry ass radio station, lol...I'm sure he wanted to "appeal to a mass audience" with that record too. And every other record...you hope as many people as possible will rock with your shyt...that's why he brought in the producers he brought in on "Illmatic".

I don't disagree with what you said...I'm just saying it's not a bad thing. Are you pointing it out to discredit it or are you just saying it to say it? As long as you're not compromising who you are artistically or as a person...or just flat out doing goofy sellout wack shyt then what's the problem? "If I Ruled the World" is f'n fire and 100% true to Nas the artist. It has a female singing on the hook. It was produced by The Trackmasters. What does that mean tho? Listen to how he's rapping...listen to what Lauren is saying on the hook...think about where the hook originally comes from...the beat is hard, etc... Nas made a hip hopped out street lead single that just so happened to sound good on the radio too, you literally could not ask for more from a hip hop recording artist.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Back to kings disease 3 talk. You on here talking nonsense. What promo y’all think we getting this week?
You on here LYING nikka

Stoute Nas Tone & Poke literally let nikkas know what they were aiming to do when they made IWW anyone denying that fact is on some weirdo alternative facts shyt lol

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
"Trying to appeal to a mass audience" is the entire point of making records that you intend to sell to the buying public. I think sometimes we confuse that with "selling out"...or trying to sell out...that's silly. "Life's a bytch" sounds like it could be played during a "Quiet Storm" mix on a late night jazzy/sultry ass radio station, lol...I'm sure he wanted to "appeal to a mass audience" with that record too. And every other record...you hope as many people as possible will rock with your shyt...that's why he brought in the producers he brought in on "Illmatic".
Nobody said anything about selling out or compromising the art or none of that extra stuff ..I don’t even care about that lol ..y’all nas fans are so sensitive when talking about bruh and the reality of things in his career.. it’s unnecessary …. This whole conversation started because some super fan was over defending the reason Nas doesn’t do as many concepts and story narratives and blaming it on him trying to “broaden his audience” which then I replied ..that’s silly because he’s been trying to broaden his audience since the IWW days and that didn’t stop him from giving us those kinds of songs then

I don't disagree with what you said...I'm just saying it's not a bad thing. As long as you're not compromising who you are artistically or as a person...or just flat out doing goofy sellout wack shyt then what's the problem? "If I Ruled the World" is f'n fire and 100% true to Nas the artist.

It has a female singing on the hook. It was produced by The Trackmasters. What does that mean tho? Listen to how he's rapping...listen to what Lauren is saying on the hook...think about where the hook originally comes from...the beat is hard, etc... Nas made a hip hopped out street lead single that just so happened to sound good on the radio too, you literally could not ask for more from a hip hop recording artist.
Nobody said it was a problem tho lol …that’s Nas fans getting riled up when they think anyone appears to even have the slightest critique on their “man” it’s corny … IWW era Nas specifically with tracks like If I ruled the world and Street Dreams remix with Kelly was an obvious intentional attempt to go to a bigger broader audience …Steve Stoute helmed the album with him and said that was his whole point on teaming with him …he didn’t want Nas to “become like Kool G Rap” …

Making commercially accessible music =/= spice girl tracks or inherently cringy records …but Nas trying to appeal to a wider crowd is not some new phenomenon that just started when he began working with Hitboy and it doesn’t preclude him from doing his creative penmanship shyt… which was the excuse one of these dudes tried to make

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody said anything about selling out or compromising the art or none of that extra stuff ..I don’t even care about that lol ..y’all nas fans are so sensitive when talking about bruh and the reality of things in his career.. it’s unnecessary ….
Bro...What? I asked you what your intentions were with what you said...there was nothing sensitive. And again..."the reality of things in his career." You come off like you're trying to slight the man, you can't blame somebody for getting that vibe from you, that's what it seems like. I told you I agree with what you said...I just wasn't clear on what you were trying to convey by bringing it up is all...that's why I asked you and didn't just assume. Appealing to as big an audience as possible (while keeping your artistic integrity of course) is every recording artists goal...and job description, lol.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
If we're getting something this week, it's probably a single/video.
We still don't have the cover too, I don't think it's the pic they posted when they announced the date, but the gold bars theme will probably be used.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Bro...What? I asked you what your intentions were with what you said...there was nothing sensitive. And again..."the reality of things in his career." You come off like you're trying to slight the man, you can't blame somebody for getting that vibe from you, that's what it seems like. I told you I agree with what you said...I just wasn't clear on what you were trying to convey by bringing it up is all.
nikka I gave a full explanation on my perspective …literally walked you thru how we got here ..why I said why I said and this is the reply I get :mjlol: nas fanatics are a trip man