Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We should take what that girl on Twitter says with a grain of salt tho. And not act like she totally reflects the thoughts of Nas and his team and the way he views his fans.

I don't know why people are listening to her.
lets be honest. If Mass Appeal want more sales then 2 weeks prior to the release they probably need to do more than 1 post by Nas and 2 by HitBoy.

Fully expect promotion to pick up. but this why i feel that twitter is talking some BS, as if Mass Appeal wanted bigger numbers they need to put some damn effort in

Exactly. Get off your ass and promote.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
lets be honest. If Mass Appeal want more sales then 2 weeks prior to the release they probably need to do more than 1 post by Nas and 2 by HitBoy.

Fully expect promotion to pick up. but this why i feel that twitter is talking some BS, as if Mass Appeal wanted bigger numbers they need to put some damn effort in
Rihanna and SZA dropped massive singles today, and until a couple days ago it looked like Drake was dropping an album today before the pushback. Kodak dropped too. Dropping today wouldn't have been a good idea. Next Friday, November 4th, seems like a perfect day for a single and/or information.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Y’all got to relax. We are getting a new Nas album in 2 weeks. His 4th in 2 years. This has never been done before by any artist of his stature. What is y’all’s method the night of release. Y’all listen the night of or wait until the am? I ain’t going to lie I might take a sick day :lolbron:
Aye real shyt how you let them know you taking a sick day lmaooo I never had em until this year and I used one Monday due to the route I was on and I ain’t hear shyt from my manager the whole day lmaoooo lame ass bytch

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Y’all got to relax. We are getting a new Nas album in 2 weeks. His 4th in 2 years. This has never been done before by any artist of his stature. What is y’all’s method the night of release. Y’all listen the night of or wait until the am? I ain’t going to lie I might take a sick day :lolbron:
I'm play a nas set around 9 pm or so the night of, then go into the previous albums then play the album when it drop at midnight.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
so Coop (thru "her") is saying that even if you buy the download and play the download over and over again, those don't count as streams

and Nas fans are too old/out of touch to understand that those don't count as streams and if Nas fans want bigger numbers for him, they have to buy the download, then delete (or ignore) the download I just paid for and play it off different platforms/ playlists or whatever

that sounds like the whole billboard chart system is completely fukked up/ catered to the streaming sites/younger artists with younger fans

I'm not doing that... fukk that

to be honest, ever since Nasir, then LT2, KD1/2, Magic, I buy the download and the physical, so twice I'm paying $10, + a third time for the vinyl ($20-30) but the physicals takes 6 months to arrive, so I burn the download copy onto a disc to play in my car because the Bose CD player in my '06 Acura still sounds better than the aux.. and I paid $10 for it, so if I don't listen to the download copy, I'm throwing away/donating $10 .

so essentially I'm dropping $40-50 on 1 Nas CD (+merch) and according to Coop and his source and posters on here, I'm not doing ENOUGH to support Nas

meanwhile Spotify spins are free right? So what they/Billboard is saying is: I would be better off paying ZERO $ and just playing the shyt out of it on Spotify over and over again, but having to suffer through ads... and therefore I would be a better fan?

am I understanding all of this correctly?

Me personally, I purchase the album via iTunes then I buy a physical CD/Vinyl from Nas online store and I stream via Tidal. So the tidal plays should go towards his streaming numbers.

The streaming game is definitely rigged.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Once it drops, I stop reading this thread. Throw on my beats and it’s a late night for me. I definitely work from home the next day. I don’t get back on this board until I listen to at least three tracks in just to see the hype right quick for a couple of pages. May or may not post depending how hyped… once I listen, If I’m too hyped like I was for magic, I gotta take my headphones off and register how fire it is and start posting with the hype on this board. Once the board hypes me up even more, I take a break from the board and listen one more time completely. Do a quick skim of this thread to see what ya think and then go to sleep with the tunes in my ear…

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Game was live on Twitch and someone kept spamming he heard he was on KD3 and wanted him to confirm and Game kept avoiding the question when he was taking questions.

Would be dope to hear them together but Game is super inconsistent these days. If he on a song with Nas in 2022 he better be focused.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Bring the fact we haven't gotten a single yet, I'm guessing KD3 isn't going to have a commercial vibe to it.

Prolly in the vain of Magic or Streets Discipline.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Game was live on Twitch and someone kept spamming he heard he was on KD3 and wanted him to confirm and Game kept avoiding the question when he was taking questions.

Would be dope to hear them together but Game is super inconsistent these days. If he on a song with Nas in 2022 he better be focused.

Game worships Nas. There’s no way he wouldn’t bring his A game to a Nas collab. They both murked their last official song (In The Ghetto)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Damn I didnt know yall fukked with A2HH

If I remember correctly they were brought to the Coli’s attention when Magic dropped and they were one of the first to do a review and not only that, they called out other publications for ignoring the album. Coop EVISCERATED the guy who did the Pitchfork review.

I’ve been a regular listener ever since. I asked them if they were aware of the Coli and they weren’t but Coop would have a BALL on here lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Bring the fact we haven't gotten a single yet, I'm guessing KD3 isn't going to have a commercial vibe to it.

Prolly in the vain of Magic or Streets Discipline.

Streets Disciple had two singles before it was released and people forget that it was pretty heavily promoted.

Also Ultra Black was released one week before Kings Disease so they could go that route.

Hit Boy has inferred that there would be a single. So we’ll see.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Nothing wrong with the Chris Brown and Game track but it didn’t fit the album. Should’ve been replaced with Letter To The King.

After listening to "Letter to the King," I seriously wondered why Nas and Game didn't do a swap. Seems like neither of them realized the other guy's song would fit their album better.

But I still love "Make the World Go Round." Nas killed that song for no reason at all. :mjlol: