Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
It was literally better in the 90s when albums was released at 10am when the music store opened.

Yeah I said it.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Nas team shouldn’t be complaining about sales if they don’t market the album in a way that’s conducive to more sales, press runs, features on other high streaming rappers albums, placements in social media relating to your target age group(30-50), singles with current stars who stream well(Drake Kodak Black, J Cole, Kendrick), interviews and adverts on the biggest black social media platforms(Shaderoom) etc these are the basics to anyone involved in marketing.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Nas team shouldn’t be complaining about sales if they don’t market the album in a way that’s conducive to more sales, press runs, features on other high streaming rappers albums, placements in social media relating to your target age group(30-50), singles with current stars who stream well(Drake Kodak Black, J Cole, Kendrick), interviews and adverts on the biggest black social media platforms(Shaderoom) etc these are the basics to anyone involved in marketing.

This. I remember back in the day 10-20 years ago when the first big single for an album would be released months before the album dropped....like 2-3 months out, to give it proper spin on the radio and to make it's way around all the channels and build hype for the album. Then with the single out the artist would start their press runs, appearances on Rap City or MTV, interviews etc.

We are 2 weeks out from KD3 with no single, no press, no tracklist, no features, nothing.

So what do they expect?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
If I remember correctly they were brought to the Coli’s attention when Magic dropped and they were one of the first to do a review and not only that, they called out other publications for ignoring the album. Coop EVISCERATED the guy who did the Pitchfork review.

I’ve been a regular listener ever since. I asked them if they were aware of the Coli and they weren’t but Coop would have a BALL on here lol

Lmao Coop quit smoking a while back so he always got a short fuse for any bullshyt.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
It was literally better in the 90s when albums was released at 10am when the music store opened.

Yeah I said it.

Yep every Tuesday

But I would get my albums illegally two weeks earlier from the Africans in Manhattan… the Reasonable Doubt tape i bought had 4 random skits which sounded like the Africans
:lupe:

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Yeah I said it.
Nothing will ever beat the feeling of going in the local shop or mall and asking if that new album is in stock. They turn around and grab that crisply wrapped CD:banderas: Finally finding that little magic tab to remove the skirt off that bytch. Gently slide that thing in avoiding scratches. The anticipation of seeing that disk loading as you start thumbing through the insert.

It will never be a better feeling bro. shyt was like new sex

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
After listening to "Letter to the King," I seriously wondered why Nas and Game didn't do a swap. Seems like neither of them realized the other guy's song would fit their album better.

But I still love "Make the World Go Round." Nas killed that song for no reason at all. :mjlol:

They actually DID swap. Letter To The King was originally for Untitled and Make The World Go Round was for LAX

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Game was live on Twitch and someone kept spamming he heard he was on KD3 and wanted him to confirm and Game kept avoiding the question when he was taking questions.

Would be dope to hear them together but Game is super inconsistent these days. If he on a song with Nas in 2022 he better be focused.

Game inconsistent? Bro, u better off using the name dropping as a way to discredit him. Game to my recollection has never been inconsistent..

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Game inconsistent? Bro, u better off using the name dropping as a way to discredit him. Game to my recollection has never been inconsistent..

Fam I'm probably one of the biggest fans of dudes catalog on the site lmao

Drillmatic had 10/10 songs like Voodoo, but then a weak Change The Game flip a couple songs right after it.

Ball

All Star
Daps
The way he starts off on Glorious sounds like it would be a good intro song