Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If anything, they may drop a teaser next week, if not a single. I'm not expecting a feature on the single. "Rare" nor "Ultra Black" had features.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Coop still with her talking points :heh:
so Coop (thru "her") is saying that even if you buy the download and play the download over and over again, those don't count as streams

and Nas fans are too old/out of touch to understand that those don't count as streams and if Nas fans want bigger numbers for him, they have to buy the download, then delete (or ignore) the download I just paid for and play it off different platforms/ playlists or whatever

that sounds like the whole billboard chart system is completely fukked up/ catered to the streaming sites/younger artists with younger fans

I'm not doing that... fukk that

to be honest, ever since Nasir, then LT2, KD1/2, Magic, I buy the download and the physical, so twice I'm paying $10, + a third time for the vinyl ($20-30) but the physicals takes 6 months to arrive, so I burn the download copy onto a disc to play in my car because the Bose CD player in my '06 Acura still sounds better than the aux.. and I paid $10 for it, so if I don't listen to the download copy, I'm throwing away/donating $10 .

so essentially I'm dropping $40-50 on 1 Nas CD (+merch) and according to Coop and his source and posters on here, I'm not doing ENOUGH to support Nas

meanwhile Spotify spins are free right? So what they/Billboard is saying is: I would be better off paying ZERO $ and just playing the shyt out of it on Spotify over and over again, but having to suffer through ads... and therefore I would be a better fan?

am I understanding all of this correctly?

Last edited:

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
If you buy a copy, digital or physical, it still counts as a sale. While you need to stream more than a thousand times to equal one sale.

So buying an album will always be more support than streaming it.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
If you buy a copy, digital or physical, it still counts as a sale. While you need to stream more than a thousand times to equal one sale.

So buying an album will always be more support than streaming it.

Ok then why is the conservation:

"Nas fans don't know how to stream properly?"

if your math is right, then I'm streaming it 3,000x by buying three copies

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Ok then why is the conservation:

"Nas fans don't know how to stream properly?"

if your math is right, then I'm streaming it 3,000x by buying three copie
I guess because if everyone who bought the album would listen to it on streaming services as well it would amount to even more sales.

But the "not supportive enough" narrative is dumb if you're buying copies, I agree.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Coop:
"If you don't know how to stream music, or if you think you do, I want you to google how to stream music properly. If you wanna support Nas, you gotta support Nas in a modern way with your streams. Not with your old school ass way of thinking"

about 27 minutes in:

fukk Coop, he was my favorite Youtube head until about a week ago...

my old ass way of thinking is buying the digital, the CD, the vinyl and a sweatshirt or whatever = that's like $120 per release - but that apparently is the wrong way to support a musician in 2023

as I said a few days ago, I have friends who didn't even know Magic existed until I told them last weekend. Someone else said they were in a barbershop and nobody knew Magic existed

so they're blaming Nas fans, the last people in the world they should blame, the loyal ones who stuck with Nas through years when he was down, for not streaming "properly"....

when his own camp isn't promoting properly, blame them

and I don't care about sales

but blame the bad reviews from racist publications like RS and PF, and whoever else... but a 8.0+ in PF would do wonders for Nas, as much as we say "fukk PF, who cares?", a good review there would bring in outsiders/ new listeners/streamers

blame them, blame the radio stations, especially in NY, for not playing KD1 or KD2 or Magic tracks... did Hot97 ever play Spicy or YKTV?

blame whoever

but Nas' camp should never blame his lifelong/diehard fans

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You need to have a massive amount of fans (Mostly young and global) to stream in the high numbers to use that to move units.
Hes does decent with the physical sales in the stream era, so cop whever and if its dope stream for however you want

Like I said the sales thing shouldnt be something they sweat too much even though I understand hes indie so he needs just off funding the shyt himself

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
totally agree with y'all. they should blame the way the streaming services work and the "tricks" they oblige fans to use rather than blame the fans and saying they don't do enough. I purchased every physical release, bought some merch, went to the show...
I'm not downloading every platform just to support an artist, I'm not a justin bieber fan, i'm a grown man with responsibilities, and most nas' fans are. that's like asking for a casual gamer to farm a game and complete all the trophy's on playstation or else you didn't support enough. just be glad I bought the game in the first place
the worst thing you can do as an artist team is to alienate the fans, know their demographic and age and act accordingly

Last edited:

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
lets be honest. If Mass Appeal want more sales then 2 weeks prior to the release they probably need to do more than 1 post by Nas and 2 by HitBoy.

Fully expect promotion to pick up. but this why i feel that twitter is talking some BS, as if Mass Appeal wanted bigger numbers they need to put some damn effort in

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m 42 years old and I gotta be honest the stuff coop was saying about streaming was over my head lol

I don’t get their disappointment or shock about lack of Magic sales. It was released on Christmas Eve with no buildup and no songs that could be considered a huge single to help promote the album

Also coop saying Nas is disappointed he’s never sold to the level of the very top guys

Nas’ music isn’t condusive to sell that level. Nas isn’t a “hit maker” so to speak like those guys are

He’s my favorite rapper but as far as making hits to take an album to the next level those guys who sell more do that better then Nas overall.

When Nas tries it you get alot if you owe me type records. It’s not his lane.

But if he’s still bitter about that I don’t know what to tell you.

Make an album full of nothing but huge features and make every song a attempt at a radio hit like French montana if that’s what’s important to you

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all got to relax. We are getting a new Nas album in 2 weeks. His 4th in 2 years. This has never been done before by any artist of his stature. What is y’all’s method the night of release. Y’all listen the night of or wait until the am? I ain’t going to lie I might take a sick day :lolbron: