Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Variety?

Nas has never been a “joyless” individual and I think the song was meant to fit into the album as a celebration of black life/culture/influence.

True, but "Hero" is also a radio song and I feel like it fits into the album better. Seeing how certain songs didn't make it on the album, I figured "Letter to the King" was an easy choice to get a spot.

But I have two questions for you:

1. If "Letter to the King" was made for Untitled and "Make the World Go Round" was made for LAX, why do Nas and Game have more verses on each other's tracks? Did they record one verse each, trade, and then add an extra verse?

2. Why did "Proclamation" not make the album? Seems like the perfect intro to lead into "Queens Get the Money."

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted it for years
I guess you don't care about it
AZ n Nas chemistry on tracks is just :ohlawd:
It won't happen because what does Nas gain from it other than another good album under his belt? That's the only reason we haven't gotten it yet, you know AZ is down whenever he gets the call...Nas probably sees doing that album as just a 100% alley-oop to AZ...which AZ definitely deserves but that's neither here nor there.

Maybe Nas is a little scared of people saying AZ outshined him or he was the star of the album? :hubie:, who knows. He's probably way more open to a Firm album than a Nas and AZ album, imo

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I enjoyed Make The World Go Around but I think it works better as a bouns track right after Black President. It just flows better together well that way, like a celebration after having the first Black President :whew: because We Make The World Go Around
full

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
True, but "Hero" is also a radio song and I feel like it fits into the album better. Seeing how certain songs didn't make it on the album, I figured "Letter to the King" was an easy choice to get a spot.

But I have two questions for you:

1. If "Letter to the King" was made for Untitled and "Make the World Go Round" was made for LAX, why do Nas and Game have more verses on each other's tracks? Did they record one verse each, trade, and then add an extra verse?

2. Why did "Proclamation" not make the album? Seems like the perfect intro to lead into "Queens Get the Money."
Not sure about Make The World Go Round but for Letter To The King Game recorded an extra verse when it was decided it was going to be on his album.

I don’t know why Proclamation wasn’t included. It was a PERFECT intro. It was included on the Be A ****** Too music video and I loved it ever since. I added it to my Untitled itunes version and it blends into Queens Get The Money seemlessly.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hero got great placement $$$$ on TV shows, commercials, and movies but fukk those albums

It's 2022/23

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Why tf was "Hero" not a smash hit? Lol, that's crazy man. Beat is unbelievable...Nas ate every verse, good hook. Smh, crazy man, it's like Nas lowkey blackballed or sumn the way he never gets any real support for his records...even the ones that should obviously work. 🤔

Yeah he spazzed on Hero - I always liked that one. Some probably hated on it with the standard "But it's not Nas over boom bap!" BS but I always found that beat really catchy.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why tf was "Hero" not a smash hit? Lol, that's crazy man. Beat is unbelievable...Nas ate every verse, good hook. Smh, crazy man, it's like Nas lowkey blackballed or sumn the way he never gets any real support for his records...even the ones that should obviously work. 🤔

Man when hero dropped, I remember driving out to the beach. Me and my homeboy was going crazy with that beat and them verses. We had to play that joint 1,000 times