Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I think Nas dropping a double album in 1999 would've been met with the same criticisms. Even with the tracklisting, there's still some filler and commercial reaches that would've caught flack. There would've been added pressure because in '99, his double album would've been compared to Pac and Biggie's doubles. As great as the concept looked on paper, I don't really see critics gushing over the execution.

Best case scenario is that Nastradamus would've had a stronger tracklist and he still dropped two separate albums. He could've had I Am... be more personal with songs like "NY State of Mind Pt. 2", "Project Windows", "Belly Button Window", "Drunk By Myself", "Undying Love", "Poppa Was A Playa", etc. Nastradamus could've been more reflective and conscious with songs like "Ghetto Prisoners" and "Find Ya Wealth". He could've even added more storytelling songs like "Small World" and "Blaze A 50", which would've strengthened the album.

Personally, this is how I would've done it:

I Am...

1. Belly Button Window
2. NY State of Mind Pt. 2--- street single
3. My Way
4. Project Windows--- 3rd single
5. Sometimes I Wonder
6. U Gotta Love It
7. Poppa Was A Playa
8. Second Coming
9. Hate Me Now---- 1st single
10. Hardest Thing To Do
11. Rise & Fall
12. Drunk By Myself
13. Undying Love

-Bonus song:

You Won't See Me Tonight- this would have been a single complete with an Ancient Egyptian themed video to reference the album art.

Nastradamus

1. Amongst Kings
2. Self Conscience
3. Nas Is Like
4. Come Get Me
5. Wanna Play Rough
6. Blaze A 50
7. Small World
8. Favor For A Favor
9. Hustlers & Killers
10. Pray
11. Find Ya Wealth
12. Ghetto Prisoners
13. Last Words

Two separate albums instead of a double disc.

Looking back on this post, I would put "You Won't See Me Tonight" on there as a song and not a bonus. It would be track #11 as it is pre-cursor to the story Nas tells on "Drunk By Myself" IMO. I'd put "Rise & Fall" on Nastradamus as track 2.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The fact we are talking about this 24 years later or so is a testament to what an iconic era, and album this was. Gratuitous, self indulgent, self loathing, self aware and defiant, the era of 90's excess and artists like Nas pushing themselves artistically

Dude gave us "Hate Me Now" and "Undying Love" in the same album

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I propose my own list of I am Nastradamus. I had to cut certains tracks to make this digestible but even then it's 32 tracks (with two interludes), so I took out God loves us (I love this song) and the dmx track, I would love to put the curse at the end of cd1 but since the version is not complete, I sacrificed it

I put the originals of hate me now (the retail version is the best of the three imo), fetus and project windows (but the one with ron still). all songs are no dj's, no tags, best quality possible that I found for all the tracks. you won't see tonight me to amongst kings tells a full story (for me)

I-am-Nastradamus.jpg

Last edited:

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
somebody requested this in my album reqeust thread and i figured more brehs would want it

all tracks itunes quality :noah:

Nas-I+Am...The+Audiobiography+(cover).png

1. Fetus
2. NY State Of Mind Pt. II
3. Life Is What You Make It
4. Small World
5. Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive
6. Poppa Was a Playa
7. Nas Is Like
8. Blaze A 50
9. Favor For A Favor
10. We Will Survive