Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm just hoping if we ever get Lost Tapes 2 (or the album for that matter) that cuts like All the kids have fun and others ultimately lost from this era are recovered. Still a shame no news on it.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mass appeal need to do a piece on the I am double album and Nas need to come clean on everything regarding the original double album concept including the track listing.

I kinda believe that Nas should do like a “behind the music” type piece that covers all of his classic albums from initial conception to completion. He has already done enough for Illmatic and plenty of IWW as well. I’d like to see him do it for I am, God Son, Stillmatic, untitled and LIG.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Mass appeal need to do a piece on the I am double album and Nas need to come clean on everything regarding the original double album concept including the track listing.

I kinda believe that Nas should do like a “behind the music” type piece that covers all of his classic albums from initial conception to completion. He has already done enough for Illmatic and plenty of IWW as well. I’d like to see him do it for I am, God Son, Stillmatic, untitled and LIG.

Wishful thinking on my part, but it would be amazing to get a playlist of the original double album from Mass Appeal for I Am's 20 year anniversary.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am was going to be dope AF. We know about tracks from the lost tapes that was supposed to be on I am but other shyt like find your wealth and you wanna play rough too. Outstanding

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I think Nas dropping a double album in 1999 would've been met with the same criticisms. Even with the tracklisting, there's still some filler and commercial reaches that would've caught flack. There would've been added pressure because in '99, his double album would've been compared to Pac and Biggie's doubles. As great as the concept looked on paper, I don't really see critics gushing over the execution.

Best case scenario is that Nastradamus would've had a stronger tracklist and he still dropped two separate albums. He could've had I Am... be more personal with songs like "NY State of Mind Pt. 2", "Project Windows", "Belly Button Window", "Drunk By Myself", "Undying Love", "Poppa Was A Playa", etc. Nastradamus could've been more reflective and conscious with songs like "Ghetto Prisoners" and "Find Ya Wealth". He could've even added more storytelling songs like "Small World" and "Blaze A 50", which would've strengthened the album.

Personally, this is how I would've done it:

I Am...

1. Belly Button Window
2. NY State of Mind Pt. 2--- street single
3. My Way
4. Project Windows--- 3rd single
5. Sometimes I Wonder
6. U Gotta Love It
7. Poppa Was A Playa
8. Second Coming
9. Hate Me Now---- 1st single
10. Hardest Thing To Do
11. Rise & Fall
12. Drunk By Myself
13. Undying Love

-Bonus song:

You Won't See Me Tonight- this would have been a single complete with an Ancient Egyptian themed video to reference the album art.

Nastradamus

1. Amongst Kings
2. Self Conscience
3. Nas Is Like
4. Come Get Me
5. Wanna Play Rough
6. Blaze A 50
7. Small World
8. Favor For A Favor
9. Hustlers & Killers
10. Pray
11. Find Ya Wealth
12. Ghetto Prisoners
13. Last Words

Two separate albums instead of a double disc.