Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Instant cop:wow:
Ehhh? No nas is like? Wtf. No hate me now? No nysom2?

Side A
1. Fetus
2. Small World
3. Money Is My bytch

Side B
1. Project Windows
2. Poppa Was a Playa
3. Dr. Knockboots (Doe's and Don't)

Side C
1. Day Dreamin' Stay Schemin'****
2. Sometimes I Wonder (feat. Nature)
3. Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive**** 4. Drunk By Myself

Side D
1. I Wanna Play***
2. Blaze a 50
3. We Will Survive

Sonis this the original leak?

Last edited:

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
This was the best version, I think i paid 15 bucks for this bootleg. I wish Nas and his managment do something with all his unreleased material that was on CD back in the day. I been waiting for decades for an official release. I thought we were getting somewhere with the Lost Tapes series.

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Kinda strange they aren't doing this for the 25th anniversary which would be next year...unless Nas has more planned. I guess the question is could Sony put this out without* Nas involvement? Probably...but doesn't he own his masters now?

*edit

Last edited:

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Kinda strange they aren't doing this for the 25th anniversary which would be next year...unless Nas has more planned. I guess the question is could Sony put this out with Nas involvement? Probably...but doesn't he own his masters now?

thats what i was thinking it’s kinda the reason why i don’t wanna cop the vinyl cause maybe something else will be done for the 25 annoversary

but hey they dropped the vinyl for lost tapes this year in celebration of the 20th anniversary but the 20th anniversary was actually last year. I wonder if Nastradamus will get a celbration:mjgrin:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't know if it's legit or official but what I'm curious about is are they gonna put the songs on flac quality ? Certain songs were never released with Cd quality so what is the source of the recording ? Are they gonna do a low bitrate quality version and convert it to flac ? What songs are they gonna put in it knowing that none of the tracklist of the original I am is official. Is Sony or mass appeal is involve ?

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't know if it's legit or official but what I'm curious about is are they gonna put the songs on flac quality ? Certain songs were never released with Cd quality so what is the source of the recording ? Are they gonna do a low bitrate quality version and convert it to flac ? What songs are they gonna put in it knowing that none of the tracklist of the original I am is official. Is Sony or mass appeal is involve ?
Honestly wouldn’t get my hopes up. Modern day vinyl masters are almost always an afterthought and sourced from whatever the CD release is gonna be. Considering some of those tracks never seen a flac release, not sure what they’re basing the master from. Just hope it isn’t something crazy like a high bit rate mp3 (or even worse lesser) or something like that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Kinda strange they aren't doing this for the 25th anniversary which would be next year...unless Nas has more planned. I guess the question is could Sony put this out without* Nas involvement? Probably...but doesn't he own his masters now?

*edit
I would assume Nas has no interest in clearing samples for 25 year old songs. Also there was no fixed tracklisting for the double album concept so its not like they had a concrete plan for which songs were supposed to make the final version. Nas would have to go back, probably link up with Steve Stoute, and revise an entire album. I think Nas probably doesn't want to put in that sort of leg work, especially now that he's on Mass Appeal and dropping new albums at a feverish pace.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would assume Nas has no interest in clearing samples for 25 year old songs. Also there was no fixed tracklisting for the double album concept so its not like they had a concrete plan for which songs were supposed to make the final version. Nas would have to go back, probably link up with Steve Stoute, and revise an entire album. I think Nas probably doesn't want to put in that sort of leg work, especially now that he's on Mass Appeal and dropping new albums at a feverish pace.

The most we would get for a 25th anniversary is probably a remastered edition of the retail and some bonus songs. Maybe some backstory about the album cover and some commentary on the original plan for the album and some of the songs as well. I'm sure there will be some commentary about the concept of the "Hate Me Now" video.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps

Yeah and some of the songs that ended up on I Am... didn't even exist in the original concept, right? The Premier tracks and the songs with features were all last minute recordings to make up for the leak if I remember correctly.

Will be interesting to see if Fetus and Project Windows will be the original versions or the versions that ended up on Nastradamus and The Lost Tapes. I'm guessing the latter.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
I need to see the track list cause i feel like that rsd canada one is not real especially if its being put on 2LP i feel like there would be more than 11 songs on there

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah and some of the songs that ended up on I Am... didn't even exist in the original concept, right? The Premier tracks and the songs with features were all last minute recordings to make up for the leak if I remember correctly.

Will be interesting to see if Fetus and Project Windows will be the original versions or the versions that ended up on Nastradamus and The Lost Tapes. I'm guessing the latter.

A lot of what ended up on the album were intended songs. They weren't last minute additions. Its just that some of the songs that leaked were the ones without features. The Premo songs definitely weren't last minute.