Nas Fans Unite...Almost 20 Years After The Fact It’s Probably Ok Now To Admit...

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
jayz wasnt as creative and was making pop music

he stuck to his guns and finessed and fukked his way to the top and he did it smoothly

but it was very easy to see that he was rapping about bullshyt for the most part ... that law of attraction stuff. He was trying to speak himself into existence
which was cool but it wasnt reality rap

Jayz carved his own lane by appearing broke and selling dreams to other broke people
he was consistent with pop hits and threw in "street" shyt here and there
then targeted beyonce to lock down as a power move.

(who can blame him)

nothing about Jayz has ever been scary besides doing business with him up until 2005

Daps
jayz wasnt as creative and was making pop music

he stuck to his guns and finessed and fukked his way to the top and he did it smoothly

but it was very easy to see that he was rapping about bullshyt for the most part ... that law of attraction stuff. He was trying to speak himself into existence
which was cool but it wasnt reality rap

Jayz carved his own lane by appearing broke and selling dreams to other broke people
he was consistent with pop hits and threw in "street" shyt here and there
then targeted beyonce to lock down as a power move.

(who can blame him)

nothing about Jayz has ever been scary besides doing business with him up until 2005

Lots of mumbo jumbo :mjlol:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Lots of mumbo jumbo :mjlol:

well tell me, what is there to fear? was Nas supposed to disappear and give up rapping? :russ:

What the fukk was Jayz going to do? Bust his gun? he was doing H to the Izzo and rapping over Annie

you act like I'm not a Jay fan and dont own all of his music :yeshrug: What is there to be afraid of regarding Jayz???
I dont understand why anyone would care, No matter the outcome they are always 1a and 1b ... you cant lose if you are still tied for first :russ:

Jayz cried on radio about it and apologized and nothing happened to him or his career... This was more like an epic battle with a storyline for us
rather than some loser folds his career stat. Say Nas never dropped Ether, he would have still had the same career trajectory because his output
was still lacking. Nothing would really change besides the conversation surrounding the time period.

Same with if Biggie and Pac never died. You think people would have just magically stopped listening to biggie? fukk No, Biggie was writing epic chart topping hits that cant be denied
Nobody really cares about fukking Faith Evans in the grand scheme of music... its just funny fodder to throw out there to give it a backstory.

The same can be said for any beef where the person didnt die for a minute after
People arent going to stop fukking with you based on anything outside of music if you are still making good music

Daps
well tell me, what is there to fear? was Nas supposed to disappear and give up rapping? :russ:

What the fukk was Jayz going to do? Bust his gun? he was doing H to the Izzo and rapping over Annie

you act like I'm not a Jay fan and dont own all of his music :yeshrug: What is there to be afraid of regarding Jayz???
I dont understand why anyone would care, No matter the outcome they are always 1a and 1b ... you cant lose if you are still tied for first :russ:

Jayz cried on radio about it and apologized and nothing happened to him or his career... This was more like an epic battle with a storyline for us
rather than some loser folds his career stat. Say Nas never dropped Ether, he would have still had the same career trajectory because his output
was still lacking. Nothing would really change besides the conversation surrounding the time period.

Same with if Biggie and Pac never died. You think people would have just magically stopped listening to biggie? fukk No, Biggie was writing epic chart topping hits that cant be denied
Nobody really cares about fukking Faith Evans in the grand scheme of music... its just funny fodder to throw out there to give it a backstory.

The same can be said for any beef where the person didnt die for a minute after
People arent going to stop fukking with you based on anything outside of music if you are still making good music

You sound crazy...all over the place...you good fam :francis:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many things bad with this list. Juvenile, Luda, and Busta were never more popular than Nas.

Missy wasn't really a rapper.

And how do you create this list and not include Eminem. :camby:

Missy is a rapper. Don't know about her being more popular than Nas though.

Daps
Missy is a rapper. Don't know about her being more popular than Nas though.

By the time 2001 rolled around Missy was a flat out hit maker and more omnipresent than Nas was...impossible to debate. The average party or club was going to play Missy before you would hear Nas

:yeshrug:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the time 2001 rolled around Missy was a flat out hit maker and more omnipresent than Nas was...impossible to debate. The average party or club was going to play Missy before you would hear Nas

:yeshrug:

There's more to popularity than just being hot in the club. Nas had a few club records, but that wasn't his bread and butter.

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
I was mostly a Jay-Z fan back then. Likely because I was a huge Beanie Sigel fan. Whatever Jigga was releasing, I was into. Wasn't much of a Nas fan back then, though I liked some of his singles. When I heard Takeover, I was convinced that there was no comeback for that track. The beat, the "LAMEEEE", and the lyrics were all on point to me.

But when I heard Ether...... :picard: :whoo: I couldn't believe he replied in that way. Completely dismantled the Takeover diss entirely. That Super Ugly response was trash. Ever since then, I became a huge Nas fan. God's Son is one of my fav all-time albums.

Daps
There's more to popularity than just being hot in the club. Nas had a few club records, but that wasn't his bread and butter.

Exactly what was Nas bread & butter in 00-01 (Pre Stillmatic) in your humble estimation?

Missy can’t be short changed. The mid-late 90s were peak times in terms of label cash flow. A hot single landed you MTV BET rotation when all they fukking did was play videos. A hot single pushed albums & single sales. Missy was on top of her game

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Eminem doesn’t play by the rules of hip hop culture nor is he held to the standard of hip hop so why bring him up in a rap conversation? Sounds like white boy stuff...if you are I mean that’s great I guess :mjlol:

Did you REALLY say that in 2001 Ludacris & Juvenile weren’t as popular as Nas?? Hahahaha​
Every other artist mentioned here considers Em hip hop and competition. He absolutely counts. Only modern coli racism and Lord Jamar be contradicts that. Get all the way the fukk outta here.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly what was Nas bread & butter in 00-01 (Pre Stillmatic) in your humble estimation?

Missy can’t be short changed. The mid-late 90s were peak times in terms of label cash flow. A hot single landed you MTV BET rotation when all they fukking did was play videos. A hot single pushed albums & single sales. Missy was on top of her game

Nas is a lyricist. His music is music you bumped in your ride, around the house, or in some headphones.

I listen to both of them.