Nas Fans Unite...Almost 20 Years After The Fact It’s Probably Ok Now To Admit...

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I knew a lot of the world was counting Nas out, but I wasn't because I knew the highs. Plus Hate Me Now, Come Get Me, Da Bridge 2001, Stillmatic Freestyle, Eye for an Eye freestyle and even those little shots at Bleek on Nastradamus already proved that his diss/clap back game was strong.

Last edited:

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I knew a lot of the world was counting Nas out, but I wasn't because I knew the highs. Plus Hate Me Now, Come Get Me, Da Bridge 2001, Stillmatic Freestyle, Eye for an Eye freestyle and even those little shots at Bleek on Nastradamus already proved that his clap back game was strong.
I don't think that people understand that many times a song seems impossible to come back from until a response is made...and if one isn't made it's viewed that way forever.

To this day people act like No Vaseline, Hit em up, and Story of Adidon were untouchable perfect disses.

I don't think any of them are.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It looked real crazy because Takeover dropped 9/11/01 and Ether didn't come out until 12/4/01. Unfathomable in today's era.

I was somewhat ashamed to be a Nas fan for a hot minute but Stillmatic Freestyle was out maybe before Takeover?

Also Free and Beans was piling on with there disses to Nas.
Nas did Stillmatic Freestyle. Jay dropped Takeover full version. Then Nas dropped Ether. But remember. Ether had like 3 versions that were harsher before he dropped his final version on Jay’s birthday. Lol

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
You were scared shytless for Nas career prospects once Takeover hit the streets...I know I was.

Jigga had the ability
Jigga had the hits
Jigga had the streets
Jigga had the pop crowd
Jigga was on the verge of dropping the best album of the decade

As a Nas fan I can admit these were veryyyyy scary times. Nas was iceeee cold having falling out of favor progressively over the Years Hey I’m

Don’t get it confused. There was some months between Takeover & Ether. In my neighborhood there wasn’t exactly many Nas loyalists

Go head and lie tho

Big facts. And ANYONE who denies this wasn't really about that life. Not debateble.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't worried if he could come back. I always knew he had the skills to crush Jigga. I didn't know if he was willing to.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Another Nas vs Jay thread. Fantastic

Nice disguise though

Congrats on ya platinum thread in advance.
You did that

Daps
Another Nas vs Jay thread. Fantastic

Nice disguise though

Congrats on ya platinum thread in advance.
You did that

Wasn’t the intention. I was pulling for Nas major throughout. Nothing wrong with being honest. At the time Nas was The Cinderella Man & Jigga was the guy that killed two men in the ring.

:yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Going into 2001?

Dre
Snoop
Ja
Jay
Juvey
X
Busta
Missy
Nelly
Luda

A case can also be made for Trick Daddy if memory serves me correct.

:francis:
So many things bad with this list. Juvenile, Luda, and Busta were never more popular than Nas.

Missy wasn't really a rapper.

And how do you create this list and not include Eminem. :camby:

Daps
So many things bad with this list. Juvenile, Luda, and Busta were never more popular than Nas.

Missy wasn't really a rapper.

And how do you create this list and not include Eminem. :camby:

Eminem doesn’t play by the rules of hip hop culture nor is he held to the standard of hip hop so why bring him up in a rap conversation? Sounds like white boy stuff...if you are I mean that’s great I guess :mjlol:

Did you REALLY say that in 2001 Ludacris & Juvenile weren’t as popular as Nas?? Hahahaha​