Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was surprised Nas mentioned PR in the IG post actually:lolbron:

Me too lol

But I guess Illmatic (temporarily) heals all wounds. The World Is Yours WILL go down as one of the top 10 greatest hip hop songs of all time. Even if Pete Rock be acting like a scorned girlfriend you can’t take that beat and hook away from him

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Hitboy & Nas got the haters in a CHOKEHOLD!.

Delusional fans in here talking about Nas Is Like in 2024.

The past is just that. Let the present speak to you bc trying to relive a feeling or sound from 1994 is wild DELUSIONAL!

Damn can Prem & Nas create and enjoy whatever they may have cooked up for fans without all the comparing the new to the old? I promise you will enjoy your music experience much better if you allow yourself to accept new sounds & creativity in hip hop.

It’s so unfair to hold icons like Nas who STILL love/want to create & be apart of the current hip hop scene and prove that being a veteran full of wisdom holds value in the culture today.

Can the “stuck in the 90’s” fans grow -up and free their minds? Hip hop in 2024 & beyond wants to welcome you to the present/future.

#ILLMATIC30

Its def why older artists hate making new music. Fans wont let go of the old.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Me too lol

But I guess Illmatic (temporarily) heals all wounds. The World Is Yours WILL go down as one of the top 10 greatest hip hop songs of all time. Even if Pete Rock be acting like a scorned girlfriend you can’t take that beat and hook away from him
Yeah when I think of essential Nas songs The World Is Yours is right there with NYSOM. Not to mention The World Is Yours is the direct inspiration for one of the other guy absolute best songs :lolbron: :mjlol:( I couldn't help myself):umad:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since Drake insist on throwing shade at Anthony Selah thru IG, maybe KDot is on this Nas/Premier joint with his response 😏

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with Primo is he's not a versatile producer like Hit is. Primo is strictly on that boom bap shyt.

But, if he can lace Nas with some stuff he has in the vault that's similar to "Nas is Like", "Second Childhood", "I Gave You Power" or "Memory Lane", then we talking.

But, idk if Primo has it in him to still make beats like those

I think y'all are really putting boom bap in too small a box. It all doesn't sound the same and throwing the word "modern" around is a low key insult.

Boom bap is timeless for one but what producers make now isn't the same as the sound of the 90's. What Primo was doing then didn't sound like what 9th was doing in the early 2000's, and what 9th was doing doesn't sound like what Conductor is doing today.

People talk like the style has never shown growth or evolved.

There's more to being current than trap drums.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Man, I would love to work with both of them,” Metro said when asked where a Nas or Hov feature ranks for him. “I have this long list written out of all the people I would love working with. Working with Nas on the Spider-Verse, was the first time I got to do something with him. My mom loved him and used to play his songs all the time. So, I used to go out and buy his albums when I was young.”

People don’t be tapped in. Metro and Nas would produce fire. Nas clearly can cater to any sound.

Superstar
Daps
Nas and Pete Rock will more than likely never work together again.

But that Com album is going to be dope. The snippet they put out a few weeks ago was fire

Yeah it was Pete that kicked up dust about not getting residuals or something right? I kind of hope Nas does more shyt with modern producers here and there. I’m still holding out for at least an Alchemist EP though, if he has some fun with producers from the past

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah it was Pete that kicked up dust about not getting residuals or something right? I kind of hope Nas does more shyt with modern producers here and there. I’m still holding out for at least an Alchemist EP though, if he has some fun with producers from the past

Pete Rock WAS getting royalties for The World Is Yours on the Producer side but he claimed he never got writers/performance royalties for his hook work (which Nas wrote) so according to him he contacted Sony and for some inexplicable reason Sony told PR to contact Nas (who doesn’t own Illmatic Masters for another 5 years)

PR claims he couldn’t get ahold of Nas so thats where his threats to sue came from.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
nikkaz don't like Magic 3?:dead::wtf::what:. The opinions on here are just
giphy.gif

These "stuck in the 90s" (I love the 90s) cats always coming into Nas threads with the same sh1t:unimpressed: